Favorite savings shopping trip?

Praise or Complain about your prior Black Friday Experiences

Moderators: Tony, Huy, cematra173, killasnake

azerigold
Black Friday Pro

Favorite savings shopping trip?

Postby azerigold » Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:28 pm

Is there a shopping experience where you felt like you made out like a bandit, and it always comes to the front of your mind when you talk about savings?

For me, it was last year, I really saved a lot of $$ shopping at Kmart. I went Thanksgiving morning, got a tablet for my son for $150, and a bunch of clothes/some toys. Spent $300, saved $250+, plus I had a coupon for 25-30% back in points. Oh and I had a coupon that saved more $$ on the tablet too, I think it was 10% off any single item. I remember I got it for $130 <Samsung Galaxy Tab2>.
Got home, looked at my points, and I had over 70,000 <$70!>.
Went to Kmart that night, $92 <$200 in savings>, and only paid $22 out of pocket.

I've had good deals, but that was one of my favorites. I still had the receipt the other day and thought wow, how much fun.
I remember the cashier that night said 'wow you must have been saving your points for a long time.' I told him 'Nope, just since this morning' He was shocked LOL, even my son laughed about his expression ;)

steffj89
Black Friday Pro

Re: Favorite savings shopping trip?

Postby steffj89 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:24 pm

last year I probably spent the most for what doesn't seem like a whole lot of stuff, but bought 5 tablets soooo

I really think 2010 was the biggest haul/most savings...
When I added every single thing I got original value was 2850. I spent less than 1000.
www.myinitials-inc.com/steffsbags/
steffsbags@ymail.com
Because there's only one You!!

pdavis
Black Friday Pro

Postby pdavis » Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:26 pm

it wasn't black Friday, but I took my daughter to one of bbw semi annual clearance sales. she had a $25 or $30 gift card. Between the sales, and the fact they let us stack coupons, she came out of the store with about $200 worth of stuff and only came out of pocket about $15.
I'm addicted!

keeleon
Black Friday Pro

Postby keeleon » Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:14 pm

I felt pretty badass walking into Walmart yesterday afternoon, and getting the Skyalanders that rang up at $37, using a $10 Frito coupon, and the $10 glitch credit. On top of that I got the Imaginext Wizard's Tower on sale for $25 (from $30), and used a $10 coupon on it as well. :D

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Postby teknoge3k » Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:16 pm

I feel awesome for winning all of the stuff at the Lowe's Black Friday event 2 years ago. I scored over $1,500 worth of stuff, for about $100.
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

azerigold
Black Friday Pro

Postby azerigold » Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:54 pm

Great deals!

I forgot a non BF trip just this past summer, I took my son shopping at JCP for school clothes. They were having a big clearance event, I had some coupons too, He got about 4-5 outfits and we paid about $18 out the door! Everything was like $2-3, even really nice jeans!
But naturally, being a boy, he needs a few more pair, and needs some new long sleeves for winter. I keep telling them to slow down on growing, there is no rush :lol:

inthedark
Black Friday Pro

Postby inthedark » Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:27 pm

teknoge3k wrote:I feel awesome for winning all of the stuff at the Lowe's Black Friday event 2 years ago. I scored over $1,500 worth of stuff, for about $100.

OMG I had forgot about that, I was so mad at you, you scored everything and I couldnt get a single thing :(

CrazyTrain
Black Friday Pro

Postby CrazyTrain » Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:00 pm

Today I spent $11 something at CVS and got back $13 something in ECB. Woulda been more but they didn't have everything on my list, had no signs up and no carts so my kid was going crazy.

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Postby teknoge3k » Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:03 pm

inthedark wrote:
teknoge3k wrote:I feel awesome for winning all of the stuff at the Lowe's Black Friday event 2 years ago. I scored over $1,500 worth of stuff, for about $100.

OMG I had forgot about that, I was so mad at you, you scored everything and I couldnt get a single thing :(

Sorry :cry:

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

inthedark
Black Friday Pro

Postby inthedark » Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:19 pm

teknoge3k wrote:
inthedark wrote:

Sorry :cry:

No worries, I wasnt really mad, I was really happy for you :) just bummed for myself :cry:

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Postby teknoge3k » Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:22 pm

inthedark wrote:No worries, I wasnt really mad, I was really happy for you :) just bummed for myself :cry:

The funny thing about that trip..

One of the saws I won, is still in the box brand new, never opened.
The turkey fryer, is still in the box, brand new, never opened.
The vacuum is still in the box, brand new, never opened. I am actually about to open it though and replace the one we have.
The sink thing, I sold on Craigslist.
The plant, I killed. Not on purpose, I am just really good at killing plants.
The air purifier is running as we speak beside of our bed. We use it as 'white noise'. We love it though!

I can't remember what else I got..

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

azerigold
Black Friday Pro

Postby azerigold » Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:17 pm

I never win anything, and chances are if I did, it would be something I couldn't use :lol:

Well this BF, kmart was our best shopping again.

I spent $278 <saved $250 or somewhere around that> on Thanksgiving morning. My kids had $$ to spend they'd saved, so they got some clothes, spent some $$ on my nephews/nieces since they were in town.
They put $85 back on my Kmart card right away, and $5 to use the following week.

That night at Kmart, I had $128 in my cart <saved another $100-150>, and only paid $42. My SIL's jaw dropped, she said no way I had a cart full of stuff to her 1 thing and she paid more than me :lol:
They put another $5 on my card.

My SIL and my friend both used my kmart shopping card, and each one gained me another $5 in points.

Saturday I saved more $$, plus got $1.00 off a gallon of gas <filled up my SUV today for less than $25! saved over $10!>.

Sunday morning I had $30 on my Kmart card.

Oh, I have had a gang of those save $.30 off gas, I gave some to my Dad who was traveling, and I still have 1 or 2 in my purse

I thought this all worked out pretty well.

Return to “Rants and Raves”