Best Buy

Praise or Complain about your prior Black Friday Experiences

Moderators: Tony, Huy, cematra173, killasnake

Sparkle2217
Black Friday Pro

Best Buy

Postby Sparkle2217 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:36 am

Okay so I have always been a BB camper except for the past two years I just did not go. Didn't see anything worth it. Basically that was the last time I shopped at BB (2 years ago).

So yesterday I get an email from BB thanking me for my BB order of $140+ dollars. Yet I did not order anything and then on top of that it was for somebody in Hamlet, NC. I live in Virginia and do not know anyone from NC. Then exactly two minutes later I get an email saying my email address has been updated.

Clearly someone has hacked my BB account and not only placed an fraudelent order but somehow changed my email address. I called BB and let them know what was going on. They tell me that the only way for them to cancel the oder is if they contact the person who ordered. ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!!. Why would you contact a fraudelent person. I am so ticked off. So they tell me the only thing they can do is do an investigation which will take 72 hours but they still cannot cancel the order until the find out what happened. I was told this even after speaking to a manager. So your telling me you can allow an fraudelent order to process, for my card to be charged and everything. I called the bank to let them know what was going on so they cancelled my card.

Now I am trying to find the BB corporate email address so I can email them directly instead of talking to stupid customer service reps and I am trying to see if it is appropriate to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. I know it's that time of year but come on. How can you keep an order open when you see it's a fraud order.

Ughhhhhhhhh

lwmjr
Evil, demented & twisted

Re: Best Buy

Postby lwmjr » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:41 am

Your Bank, or credit card company, can stop payment on it
Just here to have fun, keep the bad guys out, and give the stray dogs a place to stay

Sparkle2217
Black Friday Pro

Postby Sparkle2217 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:52 am

lwmjr wrote:Your Bank, or credit card company, can stop payment on it

They just cancelled my card completely and are issuing me out a new card

lwmjr
Evil, demented & twisted

Postby lwmjr » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:55 am

SPARKLE2217 wrote:
lwmjr wrote:Your Bank, or credit card company, can stop payment on it

They just cancelled my card completely and are issuing me out a new card

That's good :)
Just here to have fun, keep the bad guys out, and give the stray dogs a place to stay

Sparkle2217
Black Friday Pro

Postby Sparkle2217 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:19 am

Yeah. Thank goodness they gave me a temp card until the new one comes out. It's just so frustrating

lwmjr
Evil, demented & twisted

Postby lwmjr » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:23 am

SPARKLE2217 wrote:Yeah. Thank goodness they gave me a temp card until the new one comes out. It's just so frustrating

That it is, Hopefully the person had the item shipped, so the authorities can take care of them :wink:

Sparkle2217
Black Friday Pro

Postby Sparkle2217 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:45 am

How hilarious is this. I sent a huge email to BB to include the vice president and I just got an email saying the order has been cancelled because they could not verify (the guy who ordered using my info) information. There goes that 72 hour turnaround. The email said rest assured that if used a credit card to complete your transaction your card will not be charged. This is what they should have done yesterday when I called.

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:51 am

hopefully someone is getting yelled at over there. i don't think best buy can afford any bad press.

Sparkle2217
Black Friday Pro

Postby Sparkle2217 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:57 am

I would hope so

lwmjr
Evil, demented & twisted

Postby lwmjr » Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:38 pm

Better late than never, that they are taking the appropriate steps to fix this, I think they should send you a $140 GC :wink:

Sparkle2217
Black Friday Pro

Postby Sparkle2217 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:42 pm

lwmjr wrote:Better late than never, that they are taking the appropriate steps to fix this, I think they should send you a $140 GC :wink:

AGREED!!!!!!! :D :D :D

cinemike16
Black Friday Pro

Postby cinemike16 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:21 am

SPARKLE2217 wrote:Okay so I have always been a BB camper except for the past two years I just did not go. Didn't see anything worth it. Basically that was the last time I shopped at BB (2 years ago).

So yesterday I get an email from BB thanking me for my BB order of $140+ dollars. Yet I did not order anything and then on top of that it was for somebody in Hamlet, NC. I live in Virginia and do not know anyone from NC. Then exactly two minutes later I get an email saying my email address has been updated.

Clearly someone has hacked my BB account and not only placed an fraudelent order but somehow changed my email address. I called BB and let them know what was going on. They tell me that the only way for them to cancel the oder is if they contact the person who ordered. ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!!. Why would you contact a fraudelent person. I am so ticked off. So they tell me the only thing they can do is do an investigation which will take 72 hours but they still cannot cancel the order until the find out what happened. I was told this even after speaking to a manager. So your telling me you can allow an fraudelent order to process, for my card to be charged and everything. I called the bank to let them know what was going on so they cancelled my card.

Now I am trying to find the BB corporate email address so I can email them directly instead of talking to stupid customer service reps and I am trying to see if it is appropriate to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. I know it's that time of year but come on. How can you keep an order open when you see it's a fraud order.

Ughhhhhhhhh

A piece of advice the next time you order something online, whether from Best Buy or elsewhere, don't save your credit card info to your account.

Sparkle2217
Black Friday Pro

Postby Sparkle2217 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:30 am

Thanks for the advice.

Received a phone call from a higher up BB manager last night. They cancelled the order, completely reset and wiped out all of my information, are investigating to see what happened, and they are sending me a gift card.

Thanks BB for working to solve the issue.

lwmjr
Evil, demented & twisted

Postby lwmjr » Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:14 am

SPARKLE2217 wrote:Thanks for the advice.

Received a phone call from a higher up BB manager last night. They cancelled the order, completely reset and wiped out all of my information, are investigating to see what happened, and they are sending me a gift card.

Thanks BB for working to solve the issue.

Good :)

Sparkle2217
Black Friday Pro

Postby Sparkle2217 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:30 am

Yeah their back on my happy list now

Return to “Rants and Raves”