Stop YELLING at me :(

Praise or Complain about your prior Black Friday Experiences

Moderators: Tony, cematra173, killasnake, Huy

BFriGirl
Black Friday Pro

Stop YELLING at me :(

Postby BFriGirl » Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:08 pm

Is anyone else getting a little tired of being yelled at just because you plan to shop on Thanksgiving?

I posted my shopping plans on Facebook and one of my "friends" who never talks to me started lecturing me on why I shouldn't shop. The only store I'm shopping on thanksgiving is WM and they would be open anyway but the point is the lectures are getting tiresome.

It isn't like we, as the shoppers, can make the stores change their hours back (we saw how that went with WM last year). If we want the deals then unfortunately we have to go when they are open or someone else will take our place. And gosh darn it I'm cheap if I'm going to buy something I want the best deal I can find! :P
BF nut in training!

lwmjr
Evil, demented & twisted

Re: Stop YELLING at me :(

Postby lwmjr » Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:11 pm

The way I look at it, the stores are open, if you want to go shopping, go. :)
Just here to have fun, keep the bad guys out, and give the stray dogs a place to stay

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Postby teknoge3k » Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:15 pm

I don't care what time on what day they open, I will be there.

If someone doesn't like it, I could care less. They control their lives, I control my own.
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

Sparkle2217
Black Friday Pro

Postby Sparkle2217 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:23 pm

It is just stupid for people to complain. The stores are open because people will shop. If you choose to shop that is your business and your right. If you want to stay home same thing. I tell ya. People are just so childish sometimes.

askwalt123
Black Friday Pro

Postby askwalt123 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:31 pm

'eh I am not happy with the times either and if I thought staying home ONE year would kick it back to the way it was, sure I would forgo ONE year..but we all KNOW thats not gonna happen, no matter how many of us old school black friday folks stay home the new folks will be out in full force, and that is who the stores are catering to now....its apparent.

Thats why the sale prices are not as good as before, because they don't have to be. Folks are more happy to go to a store at 6pm if it means they don't have to wake up at 3am and get in line...so the stores are PACKED. And they think they are getting a great deal at $10 off. So the massive great black Friday deals are few and far between, and the times, well they are here for good.

As far as people making you feel bad...well, that just stinks. You staying home is not gonna stop this roller coaster, all it will do is prevent you from getting any deals at all, what few of them there are left anyways.

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:21 pm

if anyone yells at me i will yell at them back lol

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:22 pm

oh and just remind your friend about all the other occupations that have to work on thanksgiving.

Kaelha
Black Friday Pro

Postby Kaelha » Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:05 pm

I will not shop on Thanksgiving, but it's none of my business is someone else wants to. Do what you want and if your "friend" doesn't like it, tough.

jovilover
Black Friday Pro

Postby jovilover » Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:50 pm

Hey if you wanna go then do it! Not one person should be butting in to what you have planned....its your day to do what you want with it.

steffj89
Black Friday Pro

Postby steffj89 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:59 pm

Hey Jovilover! Did you get to see the tour this year at all? My sister took me in OKC for my birthday...freaking amazing concert! over three hours all Bon Jovi, no opening band. Best concert ever! Beat 88 by a little and beat 95 by miles!
www.myinitials-inc.com/steffsbags/
steffsbags@ymail.com
Because there's only one You!!

carmenslackey
Black Friday Pro

Postby carmenslackey » Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:42 pm

I have friends on facebook that are constantly crawling up my butt about my Thanksgiving shopping addiction - mainly because they work retail and aren't happy that they have to work that day. And every year I tell them the same thing. My husband works every holiday. He's not in retail, he's not in the medical field, he doesn't work at a convenience or grocery store, and he's not a cop. But yet, he still works every holiday, and he never complains to the general public about it. And I figure, since I have to put a big meal together on a Wednesday around everyone's work and school schedules so that we can have dinner together as a family, I've earned my right to shop on Thanksgiving day. I've also told them if they despise their job that much, maybe they should look for a new one, or maybe they should just stop complaining and be thankful that they have a job in this economy. :roll:

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:47 pm

carmenslackey wrote:I have friends on facebook that are constantly crawling up my butt about my Thanksgiving shopping addiction - mainly because they work retail and aren't happy that they have to work that day. And every year I tell them the same thing. My husband works every holiday. He's not in retail, he's not in the medical field, he doesn't work at a convenience or grocery store, and he's not a cop. But yet, he still works every holiday, and he never complains to the general public about it. And I figure, since I have to put a big meal together on a Wednesday around everyone's work and school schedules so that we can have dinner together as a family, I've earned my right to shop on Thanksgiving day. I've also told them if they despise their job that much, maybe they should look for a new one, or maybe they should just stop complaining and be thankful that they have a job in this economy. :roll:

GOOD FOR YOU!

BeachGirlShops
Black Friday Pro

Postby BeachGirlShops » Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:53 pm

Some people are going to complain no matter what. It's all about choices. If more people want to stay out of the stores on Thanksgiving, that is fine by me. Less crowds and more good stuff for me. :wink:

bfshoppermom
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfshoppermom » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:39 pm

I don't think there is anything wrong with shopping when you choose to. The only person with any "right" to make you feel bad about it is family IF you are missing a holiday function just to shop (such as every other person in the family with be with Great Grandma for dinner at 6pm and you are at Walmart.) Those people can try to guilt you a little...lol...but still it is your decision. I don't mind going out to shop at 6...we eat at 2pm and then just pretty much sit around bored. My brothers come at Christmas usually so they can't also come at Thanksgiving.

I agree that "old schoolers" could try a boycott but the "newschoolers" will just take their place.

I miss deals of the past and I miss the the "black Friday" crowd. Most were die hards and very few teens/young twenties/small kids out. At last year Thurs evening sales our stores were so full of kids and so many moms had no clue how crowded it would be and were so frazzled trying to keep up with the kids. I can expect that again...and there were more "older" folks who thought that black Friday meant you got in an organized line at the pallet you wanted at item from. LOL...I told her that wasn't how black Friday worked. She got her toy but some others she directed likely missed the toy because she was directing them to the end of her fantasy line.

jeanerz13
Black Friday Pro

Postby jeanerz13 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:43 am

I think the worst is the butt-insky that has to lecture you on shopping Black Friday at all. I commented on a friend's (from work) post last year... can't remember exactly what he said... maybe didn't have plans or something and I just kind of playfully responded something like "only X days until Black Friday". And this other co-worker, who I barely interact with at work (friend on this other guy's list but certainly not on MY friend list) went into this tirade about consumerism and how I should be spending my time at an old folks home or something instead of shopping. Nothing to do with shopping on Thanksgiving day or whatever (which I didn't anyway). Kind of annoyed me. And since it was someone that works in the same office, I made sure to keep my internal filter on ;)

Return to “Rants and Raves”