Pregnancy Black Friday Blues...

Praise or Complain about your prior Black Friday Experiences

Moderators: Tony, cematra173, killasnake, Huy

JCH0120
Black Friday Newbie

Re: Pregnancy Black Friday Blues...

Postby JCH0120 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:43 pm

I did Black Friday 4 years ago while 7 months pregnant. If anything, I think it was easier than most other years because people were extremely nice to me. I go a little overheated at Walmart and someone held our place in line while my husband and I went to get some air, and a person in front of me at Target insisted on giving me $30 to buy something for my baby. That being said, that was back when the start times were actually Friday morning. With the earlier start times last year, crowds were crazier than ever and I don't know if I would do it again now.

candycanegirl
Black Friday Pro

Postby candycanegirl » Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:42 pm

I was 6 months pg around BF last year. I didn't go because the flu was really bad here. I shopped online & it was fine. I didn't miss going out like I thought I would. I'd be cautious & stay home - you don't want a cold/flu from standing in close proximity to sick people.

Mom24
Black Friday Newbie

Postby Mom24 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:23 pm

I went Black Friday shopping 2 years ago and I was 35 weeks pregnant with twins. I rested when I needed and in all it was a great experience. I actually had strangers handing me items I needed. People weren't rude or pushy. I was 8 months along 2 years before that. Seems people are a lot nicer when you're expecting.

Return to “Rants and Raves”