Pregnancy Black Friday Blues...

Praise or Complain about your prior Black Friday Experiences

Moderators: Tony, Huy, cematra173, killasnake

mumbles3019
Black Friday Newbie

Pregnancy Black Friday Blues...

Postby mumbles3019 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:07 pm

How many have done black friday pregnant? I'll be over 7 months pregnant, and am seriously contemplating NOT participating for the first time EVER. I've encountered many pushy, rude shoppers in the past, but have always loved the experience of being out when everyone else is sleeping, making a marathon of the whole event, and scouring to find a coffee stand open at such odd hours. Anyone have any pregnancy BF stories good or bad?

steffj89
Black Friday Pro

Re: Pregnancy Black Friday Blues...

Postby steffj89 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:33 pm

I did BF pregnant with my 9 yo and my almost 5 yo.
wih 9 yo i was in Louisiana and about 4 mos preg. with 5 y.o i was in F'ville, AR and 35 weeks pregnant. Both were fine, I loved it.
www.myinitials-inc.com/steffsbags/
steffsbags@ymail.com
Because there's only one You!!

happyfan
Black Friday Pro

Postby happyfan » Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:48 pm

I'd think if there is any humanity, it would be somewhat easier for you. I don't imagine nobody would do anything such as running into you or the such just because somebody would surely say something.

pandagirl
Black Friday Pro

Postby pandagirl » Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:07 am

I did it 6 mo w pregnant with both of my kids. Just don't put yourself in a dangerous situation like being at the bottom of a pile. Make sure you're wearing something that people can tell you are pregnant. People were actually very nice and helpful!

sportymonkey
Black Friday Pro

Postby sportymonkey » Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:38 am

pandagirl wrote:I did it 6 mo w pregnant with both of my kids. Just don't put yourself in a dangerous situation like being at the bottom of a pile. Make sure you're wearing something that people can tell you are pregnant. People were actually very nice and helpful!

People have been nice to me also when I went while being pregnant with my last. Although I will warn you, you have more strangers wanting to touch your belly though.

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Postby teknoge3k » Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:14 am

My wife was 9 months pregnant with my oldest on BF.
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

Kaelha
Black Friday Pro

Postby Kaelha » Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:33 am

I was six months along with two of mine and did BF with no problems. People were very considerate.

Wear comfy shoes!

mechimpaired
Black Friday Pro

Postby mechimpaired » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:12 am

I did BF pregnant and the only thing I can add to what others have said is rest if you have to; I took a nap in the car in a parking lot while shopping buddies got my items at one store.

lwmjr
Evil, demented & twisted

Postby lwmjr » Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:16 am

carry a big stick :wink:
Just here to have fun, keep the bad guys out, and give the stray dogs a place to stay

shanyo76
Black Friday Pro

Postby shanyo76 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:25 am

I've done it at 8 months pregnant and 6 months pregnant. Both times were fine. Just wear comfortable shoes. Lol.

BFriGirl
Black Friday Pro

Postby BFriGirl » Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:57 am

I've done it. Definitely not 7 months pregnant though. I was about a month pregnant when I went shopping with both of my kiddos.
BF nut in training!

PokeMeg
Black Friday Pro

Postby PokeMeg » Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:29 pm

I'm also 7 months pregnant (January 30 EDD) and I plan on doing BF! But like other have said, I do not plan on being first in line or in a situation where I could get hurt.

Just some "casual" shopping with my family. Things don't tend to get TOO crazy around here. I am also planning on driving separate so when I get tuckered out early I can go home. Water and comfy shoes.
"Every flight begins with a fall", the crow said. "Look down."

bfshoppermom
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfshoppermom » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:42 pm

It depends on your definition of black Friday...if you get into the crazy run for all the best deals and fight for what you want...then maybe not so much while pregnant. If you are happy to just snag an item here and there and don't get your heartbroken if you missed a deal you wanted then go for it. Enlist friends too...post on your facebook the video game or DVD you are hoping to find and one of them might be able to snag the deal if they are "going in" to those crazy sections.

pandagirl
Black Friday Pro

Postby pandagirl » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:45 pm

bfshoppermom wrote:It depends on your definition of black Friday...if you get into the crazy run for all the best deals and fight for what you want...then maybe not so much while pregnant. If you are happy to just snag an item here and there and don't get your heartbroken if you missed a deal you wanted then go for it. Enlist friends too...post on your facebook the video game or DVD you are hoping to find and one of them might be able to snag the deal if they are "going in" to those crazy sections.

Uh, I ran through the mall to get to old navy last year at midnight! Probably not a great idea, but I wanted cheap comfy shoes!

Kaelha
Black Friday Pro

Postby Kaelha » Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:14 pm

bfshoppermom wrote: Enlist friends too...post on your facebook the video game or DVD you are hoping to find and one of them might be able to snag the deal if they are "going in" to those crazy sections.

That's a great idea.

Return to “Rants and Raves”