what do you think about people that..

Praise or Complain about your prior Black Friday Experiences

Moderators: Tony, Huy, cematra173, killasnake

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Re: what do you think about people that..

Postby teknoge3k » Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:27 am

azerigold wrote:Well on a different note I am sure I will make people behind me mad this year, because I found out one payment I am expecting won't come through until Sat or Sun after BF! So that means I will have to WRITE CHECKS so I have $$ in my account for on line shopping!

Yep people will love me! :twisted:

Of course it really isn't that bad since most stores like WM and KM actually run the check, and give it back to you. But still....it's not as fast as a debit card or cash.

Checks? What's that? :?: :lol:
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

azerigold
Black Friday Pro

Postby azerigold » Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:53 am

teknoge3k wrote:
azerigold wrote:Well on a different note I am sure I will make people behind me mad this year, because I found out one payment I am expecting won't come through until Sat or Sun after BF! So that means I will have to WRITE CHECKS so I have $$ in my account for on line shopping!

Of course it really isn't that bad since most stores like WM and KM actually run the check, and give it back to you. But still....it's not as fast as a debit card or cash.

Checks? What's that? :?: :lol:

It's a payday advance lol

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:53 pm

you know with as many buttons as you have to push and time you have to select 'yes' and 'ok' when using a debit or credit card now.... using a card probably isn't any faster than writing a check lol

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Postby teknoge3k » Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:11 pm

bfaddict wrote:you know with as many buttons as you have to push and time you have to select 'yes' and 'ok' when using a debit or credit card now.... using a card probably isn't any faster than writing a check lol

That's why you run your debit card as credit. Much quicker!
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

okra11
Black Friday Pro

Postby okra11 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:47 pm

Don't those kind of checks come out of your account like a debit/credit card would since it's done electronically? With the old method, the store has to round up all the physical checks, count them, and then wait for the armed courier to come the next day to deliver them to the bank. That's partly what takes so long for physical checks to get processed. I'd hate for you to overdraft your account at places like WM and KM if they treat them like a debit card instead of how you're expecting. Does anyone know the answer about those?

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:15 pm

teknoge3k wrote:
bfaddict wrote:you know with as many buttons as you have to push and time you have to select 'yes' and 'ok' when using a debit or credit card now.... using a card probably isn't any faster than writing a check lol

That's why you run your debit card as credit. Much quicker!

good point lol

azerigold
Black Friday Pro

Postby azerigold » Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:26 pm

Nooo... lol I don't want to use my card, sometimes even the credit comes out right away! Especially when I pump gas, etc.
If I write a check Thurs night, it won't go through until Tues at the earliest ;) I've written checks at WM and KM many times in the past if payments don't come in when I need them too, so I am comfortable doing this.

KM, they scan/print on the check, have you sign the keypad, and they actually hand the check back to you. I think it's the same at WM, but cant' remember if they give the check back. So really you don't have to fill it out. I think the smaller stores and places like Kroger are the ones you have to fill them out and they keep them.

Technically, the $$ should be there Friday. I plan on writing a check in stores for most items/paying cash too, so I can use some that's in my account for online shopping ;)

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:46 pm

oh i totally get why you're doing it!
i do the same with my target debit card cause it usually takes a week for that to come out of my account lol

mincepie007
Black Friday Newbie

Postby mincepie007 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:30 pm

At Walmart every year this is a necessity. You have to go in groups of 2 or more to get in the lines for the items you want. Then you have 1 person shopping for other items. Then that person comes to you and you swap places for awhile. Next person gets to shop while other person stands in line. This year it will be nice to have the wrist band for the one main thing we need to get. Once we get wristband, we don't have to stand IN THAT LINE. Off to the other lines. Last year we had 2 people in lines at all times and 2 people swapping in and out or sitting/standing in with them. At this store everyone was doing it. Just how the store works. There was no problem with it. In the lines we were in if you were alone you were even able to leave for 5-10 mins to go to bathroom, get drink, snack etc. Employees were at end of lines and kept it well controlled. Hope it goes as smooth this year. Happy shopping.

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:32 pm

you're talking about standing in line for items. the original post was about standing in line for the checkouts.

angelmse
Black Friday Pro

Postby angelmse » Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:48 am

What I can't take is.... the 6pm working mother who just picked up her kids from the babysitter, has a cart full of groceries, on the phone and the kids are screaming cause they want some Mommy attention and are starving hungry, Drives me nuts,I just wanna pull my crackers outa my purse and give then to her kids.
I just wanna slap her. AND she won't let me go ahead of her with my 1 lousy item..........ugh......

Ok yes, I hate grocery shopping anyway, lol

Return to “Rants and Raves”