what do you think about people that..

Praise or Complain about your prior Black Friday Experiences

Moderators: Tony, cematra173, killasnake, Huy

Kaelha
Black Friday Pro

Re: what do you think about people that..

Postby Kaelha » Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:55 pm

carmenslackey wrote:I usually don't mind when people do this, unless they're adding another cart full of stuff at a place with more of a single-file-type line. Last year, the lady in front of us added 3 carts and 3 people in line with her when we were towards the registers at Target. She felt bad, so she let us in front of her, since we only had the one cart full of stuff. Overflowing cart, but still only one cart just the same. ;)

My niece and I are guilty of doing this too. Especially at Kohl's, where you're in line for 2 hours. She holds our place in line, I add stuff. We usually get in line as soon as we walk in the door there because that's generally where the end of the line is by the time we get there lol.

If the line is wrapping around the store or you're waiting in a queue, it's no big deal. It's when you've been sent to a check out line and just as the person in front of you is next up to pay, along comes her friend with another cartload of stuff. :x

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:02 pm

Which shouldn't happen much. Most stores larger stores do the queue. Even walmart! Or at least the one I go to does.

az1wyldcat
Black Friday Amateur

Postby az1wyldcat » Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:29 pm

If the line is wrapping around the store or you're waiting in a queue, it's no big deal. It's when you've been sent to a check out line and just as the person in front of you is next up to pay, along comes her friend with another cartload of stuff. :x[/quote]

I agree..what makes me crazy about kohls on bf is when the employees offer to pull ppl from line and give them 20%off if they open a new charge and they get to pay at cs!!! What about us loyal cardholders!!!

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:58 am

that's interesting! i never seen that done at kohls before.

great idea for them though to get more cards opened up when people are in a hurry to get out of the store.

blueredzone
Black Friday Pro

Postby blueredzone » Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:09 am

I kind of think of it as someone who joins there friend that has been waiting in line outside the store to get the doorbusters. Many of you might not agree, but the principle is still the same. Your waiting in line and someone in front of you has had a friend join them to purchase something. So I guess the better question would be: Would it bother you if someones friend shows up right before they hand out tickets to get the ticketed item?

Furthermore, if the store would refuse to give a ticket to that paying customer. That customer would then have the right to complain to the store about the person who cut in line at the cash register. Why should they be able to buy that item(s)?

With today's society I could even see lawsuits coming from something like this. (esp. if there is any difference in race/male-female/sexual orientation (i.e. the store would be showing favoritism))

Just my 2 cents

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:29 am

standing outline to get a ticket is a little different than standing inside waiting to check out.

standing inside inline to check out you're just worried about your time. you have your items, you just want to get out as quickly as possible.

standing outside waiting for a ticket - there's a chance you won't get what you came for if people let their friends join them at the last minute.

blueredzone
Black Friday Pro

Postby blueredzone » Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:21 pm

bfaddict wrote:standing outline to get a ticket is a little different than standing inside waiting to check out.

While I understand this, it is frustrating to see someone cut in any line if you ask me. I however do let people in front of me if I am at a store and I have a cart load and the person behind me has just a few items.

Also this is coming from someone who can't understand why people with 25 items are in line at the 12 items or less register.

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:38 pm

yes THAT is irritating lol

i always count my items for the express line. I even feel bad when I have 12 items for the 12 item express lane =/

blueredzone
Black Friday Pro

Postby blueredzone » Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:41 pm

bfaddict wrote:yes THAT is irritating lol

i always count my items for the express line. I even feel bad when I have 12 items for the 12 item express lane =/

It would be a great marketing ploy to have the counting for dummies book right there. I would probably throw that in with the other persons items.lol

blueredzone
Black Friday Pro

Postby blueredzone » Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:57 pm

az1wyldcat wrote:If the line is wrapping around the store or you're waiting in a queue, it's no big deal. It's when you've been sent to a check out line and just as the person in front of you is next up to pay, along comes her friend with another cartload of stuff. :x

I agree..what makes me crazy about kohls on bf is when the employees offer to pull ppl from line and give them 20%off if they open a new charge and they get to pay at cs!!! What about us loyal cardholders!!![/quote]

Its like cable companies only offering there promotions to new customers. The loyal customers get screwed with higher prices.

Its like paying more for coffee at Mcdonalds because you aren't a brand new customer

azerigold
Black Friday Pro

Postby azerigold » Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:54 am

blueredzone wrote:
az1wyldcat wrote:If the line is wrapping around the store or you're waiting in a queue, it's no big deal. It's when you've been sent to a check out line and just as the person in front of you is next up to pay, along comes her friend with another cartload of stuff. :x

I agree..what makes me crazy about kohls on bf is when the employees offer to pull ppl from line and give them 20%off if they open a new charge and they get to pay at cs!!! What about us loyal cardholders!!!

Its like cable companies only offering there promotions to new customers. The loyal customers get screwed with higher prices.

Its like paying more for coffee at Mcdonalds because you aren't a brand new customer[/quote]

This is exactly why we decided to get rid of our satellite service! Bill kept being increased, but we were NEVER eligible for any of their promotions. My kids/hubby started watching Netflix more, and we decided that was the way to go. So we pay less than $20 a month when we have both Netflix & Hulu, not $70+ a month for a lot of crappy program outside of about 10 channels we actually used.
Of course as soon as we told them to cancel they tried to offer us promotions lol

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Postby teknoge3k » Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:00 am

blueredzone wrote:

DirecTV lets current customers upgrade & get new equipment every 2 years now. Just not the introductory rates.
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

caravaggio
Black Friday Pro

Postby caravaggio » Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:47 pm

Oh IS THAT what they're doing? Damn both my mother and I both have cards now. Oh well. I generally just jump in the long ass line while my mom runs around the store to find what she wants.

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:52 pm

oh yea, wanted to add. when my friend and i do this. we ALWAYS go to the same register so we aren't taking up two registers for other people.

azerigold
Black Friday Pro

Postby azerigold » Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:22 am

Well on a different note I am sure I will make people behind me mad this year, because I found out one payment I am expecting won't come through until Sat or Sun after BF! So that means I will have to WRITE CHECKS so I have $$ in my account for on line shopping!

Yep people will love me! :twisted:

Of course it really isn't that bad since most stores like WM and KM actually run the check, and give it back to you. But still....it's not as fast as a debit card or cash.

Return to “Rants and Raves”