what do you think about people that..

Praise or Complain about your prior Black Friday Experiences

Moderators: Tony, cematra173, killasnake, Huy

karamac
Black Friday Newbie

what do you think about people that..

Postby karamac » Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:58 pm

while waiting in the check out line taking turns waiting in line with a friend? one stays in line and the other person does a bit more shopping.. Is this annoying to people or who cares as long as someone is waiting in the line with the items to be paid for? This is what we usually do at kohls as the line is often so long.

lwmjr
Evil, demented & twisted

Re: what do you think about people that..

Postby lwmjr » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:07 pm

If you get in line with just one item, and checkout with a cart full, yeah, its annoying.
Just here to have fun, keep the bad guys out, and give the stray dogs a place to stay

karamac
Black Friday Newbie

Postby karamac » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:12 pm

more like get in line with a cart full and add one or two finds.

Kaelha
Black Friday Pro

Postby Kaelha » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:23 pm

Having someone add one or two things to the cart doesn't bother me. Holding a spot while your partner continues to do major shopping is annoying.

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:29 pm

my friend and i do this.

most places it won't matter how much stuff get piled up between the two people because you likely won't be put in line behind them at a register.
places like target, tru, best buy, etc... all guide you to a checkout line where you likely won't have to wait.

nikkigirl01
Black Friday Pro

Postby nikkigirl01 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:24 pm

karamac wrote:more like get in line with a cart full and add one or two finds.

Life is too short for me to get upset about $hit like this. I have done it and I really don't care if the person in front of me does it as well. Is it really any different than adding a handful of candy bars to your cart from the check out display???

karamac
Black Friday Newbie

Postby karamac » Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:10 pm

Glad to hear. I have done this for years. Mostly at stores with long slow moving lines. Suddenly wondered if it was something that would tick people off.

pandagirl
Black Friday Pro

Postby pandagirl » Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:59 pm

Doesn't bother me unless it is holding me up from paying. If you are waiting just the same, then by all means, add what you can!

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Postby teknoge3k » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:40 pm

If I am waiting in line and someone behind me has 1 or 2 items and I have quite a few, I typically let them get in front of me. If I did that and then they had been saving a spot for someone and they come up with a buggy overflowing with stuff, you guys would probably see me on CNN.
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

sportymonkey
Black Friday Pro

Postby sportymonkey » Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:34 am

teknoge3k wrote:If I am waiting in line and someone behind me has 1 or 2 items and I have quite a few, I typically let them get in front of me. If I did that and then they had been saving a spot for someone and they come up with a buggy overflowing with stuff, you guys would probably see me on CNN.

:lol: :lol: :lol: oh lawd jesus it's a fahr! Yeah I kinda don't blame ya on that one. I would probably do the same thing. If it's something other than that I don't sweat it. Life is waaay to dang short.

azerigold
Black Friday Pro

Postby azerigold » Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:30 am

It doesn't bother me unless they are holding up the line in some other way. I think I'd rather be behind someone with a bunch of merchandise, than a bunch of groceries lol

az1wyldcat
Black Friday Amateur

Postby az1wyldcat » Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:19 pm

See for me I like to form a "team" on black Friday at least for the first 2 stores....Definitely for Kohls. Lets face it if you have 5 or 6 things on your list for walmart you probably wont get them all but if you have a bunch of ppl with you then you cover the toys someone else covers electronics etc. Now when we go to line at walmart it doesn't matter how many ppl you have but kohls is at least an hour wait so after 20 mintues of shopping 1 or 2 ppl get in line while the others shop and bring stuff back. By the time you get to the cash registers it doesn't matter how many ppl were in the pack in front of you cuz we all go to the same cashier together.

carmenslackey
Black Friday Pro

Postby carmenslackey » Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:34 am

I usually don't mind when people do this, unless they're adding another cart full of stuff at a place with more of a single-file-type line. Last year, the lady in front of us added 3 carts and 3 people in line with her when we were towards the registers at Target. She felt bad, so she let us in front of her, since we only had the one cart full of stuff. Overflowing cart, but still only one cart just the same. ;)

My niece and I are guilty of doing this too. Especially at Kohl's, where you're in line for 2 hours. She holds our place in line, I add stuff. We usually get in line as soon as we walk in the door there because that's generally where the end of the line is by the time we get there lol.

azerigold
Black Friday Pro

Postby azerigold » Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:47 am

Ok, I think I should clarify my last post, haha.

I don't mind if they do it and it doesn't hold the line up too much. But... if there more than 2 people paying then to me, that is holding up the line for sure, and would definitely bother me. Bringing back carts of items, that would bother me. Because I know that myself, and many others aren't able to run back/forth, we are in line because we want to get out of there lol

IMO, if you feel you need to be in line and have people running back/forth with items, always always respect those behind you. Would you care if someone did that too you? If not, then don't do it to them. I think the only time I have ever left the line was back a couple of years ago when my SIL went with me, I somehow grabbed the wrong size pj's and ran back to exchange them with the right one. I picked up 2 more items on my way back lol

az1wyldcat
Black Friday Amateur

Postby az1wyldcat » Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:46 pm

azerigold wrote:Ok, I think I should clarify my last post, haha.

I don't mind if they do it and it doesn't hold the line up too much. But... if there more than 2 people paying then to me, that is holding up the line for sure, and would definitely bother me. Bringing back carts of items, that would bother me. Because I know that myself, and many others aren't able to run back/forth, we are in line because we want to get out of there lol

IMO, if you feel you need to be in line and have people running back/forth with items, always always respect those behind you. Would you care if someone did that too you? If not, then don't do it to them. I think the only time I have ever left the line was back a couple of years ago when my SIL went with me, I somehow grabbed the wrong size pj's and ran back to exchange them with the right one. I picked up 2 more items on my way back lol

I understand what you are saying and sometimes ppl have to agree to disagree. If someone is not in a position to leave the line because the came alone doesn't mean that ppl who are in a postion to shop that way shouldn't. With this subject I think of kohls which always has 2 long lines that wrap the store and crisscross in the back.haha.. I will also say that I do believe in black Friday karma and when I see ppl along in front or back of me I always offer to push their stuff forward for them and hold their place so the can pick something else up they forgot or didn't think they had time to get...how many times have you been in line at kohls and thought..I wish I cold run and get that blanket I wanted.

Return to “Rants and Raves”