Ad Match walmart on Black Friday?

Praise or Complain about your prior Black Friday Experiences

Moderators: Tony, cematra173, killasnake, Huy

Vols44
Black Friday Pro

Re: Ad Match walmart on Black Friday?

Postby Vols44 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:34 am

If they have the exact item in stock they'll PM the hardcopy ad at the time the sale begins. Got them to match a TRU ipod price and took their $50 gc incentive at 10:01pm on t day.

I greased the skids by talking to a supervisor in the electronics department ahead of time. No sense in confusing the cashiers with things like questions. It's not like they're going to make a decision unless the super says yes. The only thing they train them to do is how up on time, not complain and take money (I kid, sort of).

caravaggio
Black Friday Pro

Postby caravaggio » Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:57 pm

I thought it was strange that they physically kept my ad last time i price matched. But it's not as strange as trying to pm at the NEX. They made a copy of my ad, called the other store to verify the price, and then filled out a paper and had me sign it. :shock:

BF364
Black Friday Pro

Postby BF364 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:53 am

caravaggio wrote:I thought it was strange that they physically kept my ad last time i price matched. But it's not as strange as trying to pm at the NEX. They made a copy of my ad, called the other store to verify the price, and then filled out a paper and had me sign it. :shock:

The WMs in my area do call the other store to verify too (which in the middle of BF shopping week takes forever) which is why I gave up on WM for BF-time shopping...it's easier to get someone else to PM a WM price than to fool around with WM employees trying to get them to match a price. WM is so very ghetto around the BF time of year so I skip them :(

Have yet to have to sign & fill out a form doing a PM but remember the Navy Exchange (NEX) has a military & government tie-in so they have to do things differently there...once a cashier freaked out on me because I handed my father (a military retiree and someone with Alzheimers disease) $20 to pay for something in front of her (and since I've aged out of being able to have my own ID card, that's apparently a huge no-no although it's a bigger no-no to let someone with dementia whom you caregive carry around much cash unless you don't mind other people taking advantage of their confusion).

Whatever...the post exchanges really don't have good deals anymore anyway (maybe 5-10% lower than a discount big box store and no sales tax) so unless you live near one they're more of a pain to deal with than they ought to be.

caravaggio
Black Friday Pro

Postby caravaggio » Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:00 pm

I've pricematched at the NEX before. I pricematched a TRU black friday ad and bought my Zune there years ago. All they had to do was see the ad. I remember because the employees just had no idea wtf they were doing. I was asked what color I wanted I said black was fine. One employee snapped at her that "The ad says brown only" and an older employee says that "No, policy doesn't specify color" and to speed it through I said that brown was fine.

And then one year they refused to pricematch on BF at all so I stopped going there. They apparently do now though.

Return to “Rants and Raves”