Ad Match walmart on Black Friday?

Praise or Complain about your prior Black Friday Experiences

Moderators: Tony, cematra173, killasnake, Huy

az1wyldcat
Black Friday Amateur
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:26 pm

Ad Match walmart on Black Friday?

Postby az1wyldcat » Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:52 pm

Hi everyone!!! The last couple years I have ad matching at walmart on black Friday and this year so many of the stores are opening at 8. Has anyone every had any problems ad matching at walmart? I just moved to a new city and lets just say the walmarts here are lacking when it comes to customer service. There is no continuity when it comes to ad matching here. Thanks everyone!!!

User avatar
carmenslackey
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 1412
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:29 am
Location: Middle of the Woods (aka PA)

Re: Ad Match walmart on Black Friday?

Postby carmenslackey » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:30 pm

I've been ad matching at Walmart on Black Friday every year since they started doing it and have only had one problem with them; They always seem to want to keep my ads for the other stores. When this happens, my suggestion is to carry a pair of scissors with you (or hope they have their own pair at the register) and tell them to cut out whatever it is that you're price matching.

My best tips for price matching are:

*Make sure that you are matching the exact item. Larger electronics at Walmart tend to have different SKU's, even if they are identical to another store, mainly because they are pretty greedy when it comes to the higher priced items.
*You cannot price match things that are "buy one, get one" or any percentage off of the price. They just won't honor that. It has to have a sold price, such as $5.99, etc.
*Make a shopping list in a notebook before your shopping journey. Keep it neat and organized, and mark anything that you're price matching. And don't forget to bring your ads with you.
*Scouting out Walmart a few days beforehand to make sure they carry the things you're price-matching is always a good idea. Since you used BFAds, you'll know what's going on sale before a lot of other shoppers, giving you an advantage. ;)
*If the cashier gives you a hassle, don't be afraid to ask for a supervisor or manager. Regardless of your store's less-than-ideal customer service, the higher-ups will usually get things done to keep the lines moving swiftly, even if they do have an attitude.
*DO NOT let them keep your other ads, no matter what. As mentioned above, carry a pair of scissors with you, and make them cut out whatever you are price matching from the ad. Better to have a holey ad than no ad at all.

Best of luck to you and happy shopping! :)

User avatar
CkyTx
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:08 pm

Re: Ad Match walmart on Black Friday?

Postby CkyTx » Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:44 am

Keep this in mind, Ill use an example I dealt with 2yrs ago.

When radio shack had the deal for ps3 controllers, I took their ad to walmart to price match that with other stuff.

They denied the pm on the controllers because radio shack didnt open until 5am and I was there at 455am.

User avatar
carmenslackey
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 1412
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:29 am
Location: Middle of the Woods (aka PA)

Re: Ad Match walmart on Black Friday?

Postby carmenslackey » Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:15 am

Oh yes, I almost forgot about that one. You can't price match unless the other store is already open. I had that issue 2 years ago with Target opening later, but luckily, I knew the cashier and she put my item to the side and let me come back for it after Target opened (IIRC, it was a big nerf gun). Thank you CkyTx for reminding me of that! :)

User avatar
nikkigirl01
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 744
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:15 pm
Location: Wichita, KS

Re: Ad Match walmart on Black Friday?

Postby nikkigirl01 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:13 am

I have never had a problem at my Walmart. Follow the directives given in the posts above, and you should be golden. (Then again, I only PM toys/DVDs/Games not large electronics. I don't know how well it would work in that case...)

az1wyldcat
Black Friday Amateur
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:26 pm

Re: Ad Match walmart on Black Friday?

Postby az1wyldcat » Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:52 am

Thanks guys. Its just reassuring to know that other people are able to do it too. This year is going to be great for ad matching since toys r us opens up at 5! AND looks like many of the other store are going to open around 8 as well. In the past I did get dinged for not having the same hours but last year target and toysrus opened at the same time so it was nice to score some good toys. Thanks to nikkigirl01 here I am not in the market for swapforce skylanders and it is 38.00 at toysrus so Im thinking of going at 5 getting that and taking it to the car then getting the rest of my ad matches and wait for 8.

User avatar
nikkigirl01
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 744
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:15 pm
Location: Wichita, KS

Re: Ad Match walmart on Black Friday?

Postby nikkigirl01 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:24 am

az1wyldcat wrote:Thanks guys. Its just reassuring to know that other people are able to do it too. This year is going to be great for ad matching since toys r us opens up at 5! AND looks like many of the other store are going to open around 8 as well. In the past I did get dinged for not having the same hours but last year target and toysrus opened at the same time so it was nice to score some good toys. Thanks to nikkigirl01 here I am not in the market for swapforce skylanders and it is 38.00 at toysrus so Im thinking of going at 5 getting that and taking it to the car then getting the rest of my ad matches and wait for 8.



The SkyLanders deal is a great price match opportunity as the "starter packs" are universal and not store specific in any way.

User avatar
steffj89
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 4288
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:52 pm
Location: OK
Contact:

Re: Ad Match walmart on Black Friday?

Postby steffj89 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:25 am

yes that is the one freaking thing in the TRU ad I need!
www.myinitials-inc.com/steffsbags/
steffsbags@ymail.com
Because there's only one You!!

User avatar
carmenslackey
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 1412
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:29 am
Location: Middle of the Woods (aka PA)

Re: Ad Match walmart on Black Friday?

Postby carmenslackey » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:42 am

Me too! Skylanders is 2nd on my priority list on BF. And it's only 2nd because the kiddo's #1 item on his list is that Zelda limited edition 3DS XL at Gamestop. I'll get it even cheaper than the ad too since I've saved up a crapload of Power Up reward points and have enough for a $100 off any purchase coupon. I knew paying $15 a year for that stupid club would pay off eventually. ;)

BOT, I do need to change up my gameplan now though. Our local WM recently expanded into a Supercenter, so I was going to go there this year instead of the one that's 20 minutes from home, however, the local WM won't honor TRU as a price match ad. They aren't close enough to them. The one that's 20 minutes away will though, even though TRU is still more than a half hour from them. I will never understand Walmart's mentality. :roll:

User avatar
steffj89
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 4288
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:52 pm
Location: OK
Contact:

Re: Ad Match walmart on Black Friday?

Postby steffj89 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:03 am

our wm will pm TRU and its an hour away....crazy
www.myinitials-inc.com/steffsbags/
steffsbags@ymail.com
Because there's only one You!!

User avatar
drinkgreen
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 502
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:00 am
Location: Oklahoma City

Re: Ad Match walmart on Black Friday?

Postby drinkgreen » Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:58 pm

CkyTx wrote:They denied the pm on the controllers because radio shack didnt open until 5am and I was there at 455am.


steffj89 wrote:yes that is the one freaking thing in the TRU ad I need!


So in theory I can go up to Walmart between 5pm and 9pm and buy the Disney Infinity for 50% off, as its mentioned in the TRU ad? Because that is the only thing I want at TRU and I've never dealt with Walmart price matching. I typically avoid Walmart on Black Friday but this year may be unavoidable.

User avatar
lwmjr
Evil, demented & twisted
Posts: 13096
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:46 pm
Location: Virginia, Norfolk area

Re: Ad Match walmart on Black Friday?

Postby lwmjr » Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:29 pm

drinkgreen wrote:
CkyTx wrote:They denied the pm on the controllers because radio shack didnt open until 5am and I was there at 455am.


steffj89 wrote:yes that is the one freaking thing in the TRU ad I need!


So in theory I can go up to Walmart between 5pm and 9pm and buy the Disney Infinity for 50% off, as its mentioned in the TRU ad? Because that is the only thing I want at TRU and I've never dealt with Walmart price matching. I typically avoid Walmart on Black Friday but this year may be unavoidable.

That does seem logical, Other people may be thinking the same thing....
Just here to have fun, keep the bad guys out, and give the stray dogs a place to stay

User avatar
sportymonkey
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 620
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:21 am
Location: Indiana

Re: Ad Match walmart on Black Friday?

Postby sportymonkey » Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:53 pm

drinkgreen wrote:
CkyTx wrote:They denied the pm on the controllers because radio shack didnt open until 5am and I was there at 455am.


steffj89 wrote:yes that is the one freaking thing in the TRU ad I need!


So in theory I can go up to Walmart between 5pm and 9pm and buy the Disney Infinity for 50% off, as its mentioned in the TRU ad? Because that is the only thing I want at TRU and I've never dealt with Walmart price matching. I typically avoid Walmart on Black Friday but this year may be unavoidable.


You can't pm any %'s off. Buy 1 Get 1's or percentages off is just something they can't do. Can't or won't; that is the question.

az1wyldcat
Black Friday Amateur
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:26 pm

Re: Ad Match walmart on Black Friday?

Postby az1wyldcat » Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:37 pm

drinkgreen I would print out this policy and take it with you. I am going to do that but I am also going to write the corporate phone number at the top and highlight it to let them know that I know what I am doing. ALSO according to the policy as I read it I do not even need to provide the ad they need to prove me wrong. I like to have the ad cuz sometimes they are so sure that I am wrong or that I am lying...I may lie about how much I spend on black Friday to my husband but I don't lie about ad matches..haha. I can not believe how some of the cashiers make the rules up as they go to tell someone that they have to give up their ad to the cashier. The cashier probably wanted it for future ad matching customers that night.

http://corporate.walmart.com/ad-match-guarantee

User avatar
sportymonkey
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 620
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:21 am
Location: Indiana

Re: Ad Match walmart on Black Friday?

Postby sportymonkey » Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:27 am

az1wyldcat wrote:drinkgreen I would print out this policy and take it with you. I am going to do that but I am also going to write the corporate phone number at the top and highlight it to let them know that I know what I am doing. ALSO according to the policy as I read it I do not even need to provide the ad they need to prove me wrong. I like to have the ad cuz sometimes they are so sure that I am wrong or that I am lying...I may lie about how much I spend on black Friday to my husband but I don't lie about ad matches..haha. I can not believe how some of the cashiers make the rules up as they go to tell someone that they have to give up their ad to the cashier. The cashier probably wanted it for future ad matching customers that night.

http://corporate.walmart.com/ad-match-guarantee


I PM alot at Walmart for groceries. Depending on your cashier they will also pull the stunt of that not being an authentic policy. Like we all have time to photoshop all that bs to our liking. :roll: Just be prepared for that excuse also.

If you can bring a spare set of ads with you and keep them in your car. That way if the cashier police do confensgate (sp) your ad; you have one for backup.


Return to “Rants and Raves”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 2 guests