Should we change the name of Black Friday?

Praise or Complain about your prior Black Friday Experiences

Moderators: ikey2, hiker

g-man430
Black Friday Pro

Should we change the name of Black Friday?

Postby g-man430 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:42 am

With these stores now opening on Thanksgiving instead of Friday, should a name change be in order? :? 5pm on Thursday? Are they kidding me?
GREEN BAY PACKERS!!!!

mechimpaired
Black Friday Pro

Re: Should we change the name of Black Friday?

Postby mechimpaired » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:08 pm

Yes but I cannot think of anything witty or a good quip to properly identify what this day should now be called...it may come to me :?

drinkgreen
Black Friday Pro

Postby drinkgreen » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:26 pm

Been calling it Dark Thursday for past couple years

teknoge3k
Forum Moderator

Postby teknoge3k » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:27 pm

For every person who doesn't like the earlier times, is a person who loves the earlier times. Whether people like them or not, they're here to stay and are not going anywhere. If 1 person boycotts and doesn't go to Store X because of the earlier time, it only helps the ones who will be there by having 1 less person in the way. The person boycotting only misses out on the deals.
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

mechimpaired
Black Friday Pro

Postby mechimpaired » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:34 pm

teknoge3k wrote:For every person who doesn't like the earlier times, is a person who loves the earlier times. Whether people like them or not, they're here to stay and are not going anywhere. If 1 person boycotts and doesn't go to Store X because of the earlier time, it only helps the ones who will be there by having 1 less person in the way. The person boycotting only misses out on the deals.

I was ok with evening but 5 is really a societal trend that I see as bad mojo; what's next Christmas? BUT I know and respect to each his own.

I would not go as far to say I am boycotting TRU but there is a bigger chance that I will spend less if the items I went for aren't there when I get there.

I really do not agree with calling it Black Friday Thursday afternoon...I do think it should be called something else besides Black Friday on Thanksgiving.

ikey2
Forum Moderator

Postby ikey2 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:44 pm

mechimpaired wrote:
teknoge3k wrote:For every person who doesn't like the earlier times, is a person who loves the earlier times. Whether people like them or not, they're here to stay and are not going anywhere. If 1 person boycotts and doesn't go to Store X because of the earlier time, it only helps the ones who will be there by having 1 less person in the way. The person boycotting only misses out on the deals.

I was ok with evening but 5 is really a societal trend that I see as bad mojo; what's next Christmas? BUT I know and respect to each his own.

I would not go as far to say I am boycotting TRU but there is a bigger chance that I will spend less if the items I went for aren't there when I get there.

I really do not agree with calling it Black Friday Thursday afternoon...I do think it should be called something else besides Black Friday on Thanksgiving.

But most the sales go all thru Saturday so still Black Friday. How about call it Door Busting so big that Firday could not handle it so boom boom boom slam down on Thursday with the power of NFL Turkey Games and get to tackle in the doors on Thursday. might be a long name though
“Every time a cash register rings, a food court employee gets his Buffalo Wings.”
Hester, Pat

One of the most glorious messes in the world is the mess created in the living room on Christmas day. Don't clean it up too quickly!

Andy Rooney

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:53 pm

my black friday buddy just got a new job. if the sales were still late thursday night into friday morning she would no longer be able to go because now she'll have to work on black friday!

another reason to like the earlier opening times :)

lwmjr
Forum Moderator

Postby lwmjr » Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:14 pm

I saw this in another thread,

No, you can't always get what you want
But if you try sometime, you just might find
You get what you need

Songwriters
JAGGER, MICK / RICHARDS, KEITH
Just here to have fun, keep the bad guys out, and give the stray dogs a place to stay

CrazyTrain
Black Friday Pro

Postby CrazyTrain » Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:33 pm

Greedy Thursday

Shopper X
Black Friday Pro

Postby Shopper X » Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:45 pm

"Days of Color".

(There's no guaranteeing that sales won't begin earlier than Thursday either. Kmart already holds its Thanksgiving day sale on Wednesday in Massachusetts. Who's to say they won't move it to Wednesday nationwide?)

john.daggett
Black Friday Pro

Postby john.daggett » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:55 pm

Why not just be one step ahead of them and start thanksgiving two days early :idea:

lwmjr
Forum Moderator

Postby lwmjr » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:01 pm

john.daggett wrote:Why not just be one step ahead of them and start thanksgiving two days early :idea:

As long as the NFL joins in :)
Just here to have fun, keep the bad guys out, and give the stray dogs a place to stay

VerbalI11-23
Black Friday Pro

Postby VerbalI11-23 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:05 am

Black Friday is not black friday unless i'm at frys hopefully they dont decide to change also :?

john.daggett
Black Friday Pro

Postby john.daggett » Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:28 am

VerbalI11-23 wrote:Black Friday is not black friday unless i'm at frys hopefully they dont decide to change also :?

Wish Fry's was near me :-(

Vols44
Black Friday Pro

Postby Vols44 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:23 am

You can wait til the old BF to scour the empty shelves or join us on a shopping frenzy before Friday. Saddle up with your bff, take your baby face down to the local five and dime and shop BF til your bedroom is full of holiday gifts. :lol:

Return to “Rants and Raves”