Black Friday Pro

Re: I am NOT participating in Dark Thursday shopping

Postby jediknight » Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:11 pm

Dark Thursday lol! That was good.

lwmjr
Evil, demented & twisted

Postby lwmjr » Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:55 pm

It will have to be the sale of the century.
Just here to have fun, keep the bad guys out, and give the stray dogs a place to stay

lwmjr
Evil, demented & twisted

Postby lwmjr » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:56 am

Its getting worse, more stores will be open on Thanksgiving
Just here to have fun, keep the bad guys out, and give the stray dogs a place to stay

jediknight
Black Friday Pro

Postby jediknight » Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:56 am

lwmjr wrote:Its getting worse, more stores will be open on Thanksgiving

I agree :mrgreen: - yet, most shoppers are smart to find deals throughout the year and throughout the Holiday Season in order to avoid such things.

lwmjr
Evil, demented & twisted

Postby lwmjr » Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:57 am

jediknight wrote:

I agree :mrgreen: - yet, most shoppers are smart to find deals throughout the year and throughout the Holiday Season in order to avoid such things.

I check the hot deals section frequently :wink:

jediknight
Black Friday Pro

Postby jediknight » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:14 am

^^ Yes, its so true. Good job! Sometimes I find my best items in the hot deals or just seasonal clearance.

lwmjr
Evil, demented & twisted

Postby lwmjr » Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:05 pm

jediknight wrote:^^ Yes, its so true. Good job! Sometimes I find my best items in the hot deals or just seasonal clearance.

Me too, I got a lot of hot deals (BFAds) this past year

harleygirl6363
Black Friday Pro

Postby harleygirl6363 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:38 pm

For this I CAN NOT WAIT!!! Im super super excited stores are opening on thrusday. Ill be alone this year so I will have something to do. I hope more open on thursday, but with scattered times would be nice.

lwmjr
Evil, demented & twisted

Postby lwmjr » Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:37 pm

harleygirl6363 wrote:

For this I CAN NOT WAIT!!! Im super super excited stores are opening on thrusday. Ill be alone this year so I will have something to do. I hope more open on thursday, but with scattered times would be nice.

it sucks being alone, but I really hope you have a nice day, If you were closer, you would be welcome to stop by and eat. We used to invite a lot of people over the years, now everyone seems to be doing their own thing.

jediknight
Black Friday Pro

Postby jediknight » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:42 pm

I am curious to see how it reacts this year. Especially when you have stores opening on Thursday and then doing different doorbusters at different times or like JCPenney who is doing the snow globes at 4am (I believe was said). We know a few stores like TRU did this last year but with more stores I wonder how it will take.

When I spoke to employees they said there were big lulls in the action from when the store opened until the next "deal time"

drinkgreen
Black Friday Pro

Postby drinkgreen » Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:14 am

jediknight wrote:When I spoke to employees they said there were big lulls in the action from when the store opened until the next "deal time"

BIG lulls. We hit TRU last year at around 3am. There was hardly anyone there and we got everything we wanted. Its exciting for the first few hours I'm sure but they spend all the down time cleaning and restocking for the next wave, which is usually early Friday morning.

harleygirl6363
Black Friday Pro

Postby harleygirl6363 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:07 pm

lwmjr wrote:
harleygirl6363 wrote:

it sucks being alone, but I really hope you have a nice day, If you were closer, you would be welcome to stop by and eat. We used to invite a lot of people over the years, now everyone seems to be doing their own thing.

AWWW Thats sweet thank you. I will have a nice day, ill be out doing my thing that day :)

lwmjr
Evil, demented & twisted

Postby lwmjr » Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:14 pm

You are welcome Harleygirl. :)

harleygirl6363
Black Friday Pro

Postby harleygirl6363 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:16 pm

teknoge3k wrote:My wife and I do not celebrate Thanksgiving and BF is a day we splurge on ourselves, so it's a day that we look forward to all year. When Walmart started their sale at 8pm last year, I was in the store by 4:30, knew where everything was, and was ready to go! Everyone started getting stuff around 7:15, and checked out around 7:30-7:45. I was out of the store with my truck loaded before 8pm. I personally LOVE the earlier start times!!!

<3 early start times as well <3

reygato
Black Friday Pro

Postby reygato » Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:59 pm

There is much that bothers me about the Dark Thursday thing (great name BTW)
First let me preface this by saying to each his own, if you want to go out and buy things welcome to America.
I will not be in your way this year.
Many of us have traditions which center around Holidays. For many of us, Thanksgiving is a great time to get together with family and friends, to relax and enjoy a quiet day off. It is not for me, a day to anticipate spending money for material goods which would make nay peaceful Buddhist nauseous.
And as I mentioned before, I spend most of the day drinking expensive wine. Something that WOULD offend many other peace loving Buddhists.....
SO no Tradition here say NO

I went out on Black Friday last year, amazed how I was the only one in line at several stores. I talked to the manager at Bed Bath and Beyond, who was not too happy about the midnight rush and how it hurt his store when people were elsewhere. He seemed to think that most people shot their wad at Walmart at 8 PM and had nothing left to spend after. Either way, his sales were down and so was the number of customers. I went in and out of several stores, Ross, DIck's. ToysRus, had no wait to check out in some and very little in others. And found more than enough bargains.

Then I went on and worked, earned some money for the day.
This year, I will be home all day Thanksgiving, I will wonder into the stores when I decide to.

I have already bought the following, having found some great deals in stores just by keeping my eyes open and looking at sales
Wii U
Laptop
39" TV
and several small gift items

All that is left is something for the old lady and something big for the other kid.....

Probably have shopping done in another two weeks.

Return to “Rants and Raves”