Walmart times for Black Friday Sales

Praise or Complain about your prior Black Friday Experiences

Moderators: hiker, ikey2

Melinda74
Black Friday Amateur

Walmart times for Black Friday Sales

Postby Melinda74 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:51 am

Anyone heard yet if Walmart will have the odd times again? I personally hated the 8 10 5 sale times

ikey2
Forum Moderator

Re: Walmart times for Black Friday Sales

Postby ikey2 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:57 am

Melinda74 wrote:Anyone heard yet if Walmart will have the odd times again? I personally hated the 8 10 5 sale times

Sorry it is way to soon for the hours to be announced. However seeing how successful it was for them as a company it should be the same or worse than the last two years. Personally I like the earlier hours makes it easier to hit all the stores i want and less chances of missing the items that Ive been looking for.
“Every time a cash register rings, a food court employee gets his Buffalo Wings.”
Hester, Pat

One of the most glorious messes in the world is the mess created in the living room on Christmas day. Don't clean it up too quickly!

Andy Rooney

lwmjr
Forum Moderator

Postby lwmjr » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:12 am

This is the current information. As ikey2 pointed out, its too early for specifics

Get incredible Black Friday deals during Walmart Black Friday 2013

On Black Friday 2013 at Walmart, you'll find an enormous selection of Black Friday specials on the season's most-wanted Christmas gifts. Find unbeatable Black Friday deals on the stuff everyone wants this year. We've selected popular items that are sure to please anyone on your list, at low Black Friday prices you're going to love. Our Black Friday deals are some of the year's best shopping values, so be sure to shop and save during Walmart Black Friday 2013. Plus, you'll save even more on your Black Friday specials with free shipping on thousands of in-stock items.

Walmart Black Friday 2013 is the place to find Black Friday deals

Be sure to take advantage of these fantastic Black Friday deals. Black Friday 2013 promises to be the biggest and best Walmart Black Friday yet.

Because our prices are already so low, our Black Friday deals mean even better values on the gifts and holiday items you need. It's the perfect opportunity to save bundles while getting a jump-start on your shopping for the season. And with free shipping options including HomeFree and Site to Store (or FedEx Office), the savings get even sweeter.

So start planning your holiday shopping today with Black Friday deals at Walmart. Check back soon for more details on Black Friday specials. Plus, sign up for Walmart emails, where you'll find the latest updates on Black Friday specials and Cyber Week savings at Walmart.com. (Cyber Week starts the week after Thanksgiving.)
Just here to have fun, keep the bad guys out, and give the stray dogs a place to stay

ikey2
Forum Moderator

Postby ikey2 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:09 pm

Melinda74 you should come visit the off topic section of the forum it is most active and first place to start hearing rumors
“Every time a cash register rings, a food court employee gets his Buffalo Wings.”
Hester, Pat

One of the most glorious messes in the world is the mess created in the living room on Christmas day. Don't clean it up too quickly!

Andy Rooney

Melinda74
Black Friday Amateur

Postby Melinda74 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:05 am

The reason I didnt like the new times were. I hated being in 1 store for so long. I needed to sit and scope through the other ads to form my plan LOL

lwmjr
Forum Moderator

Postby lwmjr » Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:24 am

They want you to shop and buy other things, while you are there.
Just here to have fun, keep the bad guys out, and give the stray dogs a place to stay

Melinda74
Black Friday Amateur

Postby Melinda74 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:48 am

I cant buy other things while im there. I'm too tired lol

lwmjr
Forum Moderator

Postby lwmjr » Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:51 am

Melinda74 wrote:I cant buy other things while im there. I'm too tired lol

I hear you, I just buy the stuff, that's on my list, in and out

stacykay4
Black Friday Pro

Postby stacykay4 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:50 pm

The only problem, it is kind of hard to stay and shop around for more items when you are stuck sitting in a line. They need a better system, if they hand out tickets before the time, you should be able to get a ticket and then shop around, because I would totally do that, but no, I am stuck in a line waiting for an item. Oh well.

The times were ok. I did the 8 and 10 pm (i think those were the times???) but the 8 pm time sucks out some family card playing time, which worked out ok last year because we did that Wed night instead of Thurs night. I just hope, they don't do it any earlier.

Melinda74
Black Friday Amateur

Postby Melinda74 » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:54 pm

We do Thanksgiving on Weds so we can rest on Thursday. We need our energy for the all nighters lol. Last year I walked out my door 6 pm Thursday walked back in at 8 am Friday. I was almost dead

lwmjr
Forum Moderator

Postby lwmjr » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:11 am

The past few years, I left around 5am and was back home by 10 or 11am

pdavis
Black Friday Pro

Postby pdavis » Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:35 pm

Melinda74 wrote:We do Thanksgiving on Weds so we can rest on Thursday. We need our energy for the all nighters lol. Last year I walked out my door 6 pm Thursday walked back in at 8 am Friday. I was almost dead

last year I walked out the door at 4 am Thursday and walked back in at about 7 am Friday. lol. slept for about 3 hours, then got up, showered and back out with my friend getting non-doorbuster stuff. home again for another 2 hour nap, then up showered and out the door to a club a friend was dj-ing at. home about 3 am. But it was fun!
I'm addicted!

teknoge3k
Forum Moderator

Postby teknoge3k » Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:24 pm

I too, loved the early start times. I went to Sheetz and grabbed a burger on Thanksgiving and got to Walmart at 4pm. I hung around until the 8pm start time (was it 8?)... Then got my stuff since I knew where everything was about 7:05 since that's when they let people start shopping. I got in line by 7:30 and was first in my line, checked out at 8:00 and had the car loaded, and went back in for more!
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

carmenslackey
Black Friday Pro

Postby carmenslackey » Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:01 pm

The only thing that irritated me with the start times last year was that WM and Target's times were extremely close together. And since I live in a rural area, they aren't close to each other. I checked out at WM at exactly 8:03pm and by the time I got to Target at 8:30pm-ish, there were over 2000 people in line and the line was 3-wide and stretched around the entire building. I wasn't standing out in the cold in that crap (WM has me spoiled with being inside).

That being said, I have extra people this year, so it shouldn't be an issue now. ;)

And also, my cousin manages a WM. He says they've only had one meeting thus far about BF, but it looks like the start times will be similar this year. Of course, that's all pending as it came up in the meeting only briefly. It was mostly about layouts of doorbusters and lines for ticketed items. General brainstorming only. I doubt I'll get too much more info from him as he likes his job too much (weird for a WM employee, I know), and he mostly drops subtle hints to me about things and that's about it. :?

HoundAbound
Black Friday Pro

Postby HoundAbound » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:37 pm

The staggered times at WM did confuse and cause me not to shop about other stores as usual, but in all fairness, I did get everything I really needed for xmas last year at WM...and this year the mrs and i are looking to put a new flatscreen in our living room, so i'm really pretty excited to see what doorbusters are coming...all my sons are college-age now, so now they can shop for the old man...my TRU line standing days are truly over :cry:

Return to “Rants and Raves”