Rave: Home Depot

Praise or Complain about your prior Black Friday Experiences

Moderators: Tony, cematra173, killasnake, Huy

lwmjr
Evil, demented & twisted

Re: Rave: Home Depot

Postby lwmjr » Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:33 am

mechimpaired wrote:I was at home depot about 45 minutes after open it was regular busy not BF busy. The lady checking me out said they had rush for christmas trees and something else that were out of stock but that had been their rush so far. They had plenty of live wreath/garland left so I got quite a bit to decorate with this year. I give them an A+++

Mech, I see double vision :lol:
Just here to have fun, keep the bad guys out, and give the stray dogs a place to stay

lwmjr
Evil, demented & twisted

Postby lwmjr » Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:21 pm

The tree I bought yesterday, and set up in my bedroom, had a short in it, took it back to HD, to exchange, of course they sold out of them yesterday, So they exchanged it for a nicer tree. another happy customer here :)
Just here to have fun, keep the bad guys out, and give the stray dogs a place to stay

BeachGirlShops
Black Friday Pro

Postby BeachGirlShops » Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:24 am

lwmjr wrote:The tree I bought yesterday, and set up in my bedroom, had a short in it, took it back to HD, to exchange, of course they sold out of them yesterday, So they exchanged it for a nicer tree. another happy customer here :)

That's good business practices! I like them and have always had good luck there.

cinemike16
Black Friday Pro

Postby cinemike16 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:00 pm

I'm jealous of some of the posts on this thread. My local Home Depot is a sh!thole, they had no organization for BF and only had one register open on the busiest retail day of the year and they don't do the free coffee & donuts. In their defense, not sure if it matters, this only happened the one year I shopped Home Depot back in 2010

Lowes up the street (2 blocks away!), on the other hand, offers complimentary hot coffee every day! BF 2012 (skipped this year) they had a table full of doughnuts from Dunkin Donuts in addition to the coffee. I bought a refrigerator at HD that was on sale earlier this year but every thing else home improvement related I buy at Lowes. Speaking of which, I'll be heading there this weekend for some lumber and paint to build some new media shelves for my store.

Return to “Rants and Raves”