Rave: Home Depot

Praise or Complain about your prior Black Friday Experiences

Moderators: Tony, cematra173, killasnake, Huy

Skillet9886
Black Friday Pro

Rave: Home Depot

Postby Skillet9886 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:11 am

I honestly don't usually shop at Home Depot, only because I don't have a lot of use for tools most of the time, but this year my brother and sister-in-law wanted a new tree, and we all kind of decided the best deal going was probably the 7.5' Martha Stewart pre-lit tree at Home Depot. After shopping at other stores since 8:30 Thursday night, we arrived at Home Depot at about 4:30 AM. We were second in line, and the employees had set up a table with coffee and donuts from Dunkin Donuts for people waiting in line. The store manager was even pouring cups of coffee for people! Multiple employees came outside before 5 to ask each person what items they were after and to tell them exactly where they were located in the store. Once they found out the 30+ people were all in line for the same tree, the employees went back inside to ensure that they were ready to meet the demand. We went inside, grabbed our tree, looked at the display to make sure it was what they wanted, and checked out. On our way to the check out lane we saw employees bringing out another palate of the trees from the back. Even after scrutinizing the tree display and grabbing a few $1 poinsettias, we were out of the store at 5:16.

Especially after encountering a complete cluster at Walmart, it was refreshing to see a store so concerned with customer service (and adequate stock of doorbuster items!) on Black Friday.

BeachGirlShops
Black Friday Pro

Re: Rave: Home Depot

Postby BeachGirlShops » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:57 am

Our Home Depot in Myrtle Beach was great too! Since they didnt open until 5am, it was my second round of BF shopping for the night. It was hard getting up at 4 with a 2 hour nap but I'm glad I did. It was a BF first for me so I wasnt sure what to expect but I was totally pleased! Great deals and a helpful staff that wasnt grumpy. :D

john.daggett
Black Friday Pro

Postby john.daggett » Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:47 pm

Mine was awesome not a lot of people maybe 30 at most at opening. Got everything I wanted

GinaBeana87
Black Friday Pro

Postby GinaBeana87 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:16 pm

We got there around 4:00 and there were already 40 people in line :shock:

Most people were there for the 59.00 Christmas trees (including myself) and they were gone within 5 minutes of opening. Thankfully my DH grabbed the second to last one before they were all snatched up!

ETA: There were NO EXTRAS at ours. The workers said this is all we have and a lot people left empty handed.

lwmjr
Evil, demented & twisted

Postby lwmjr » Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:17 am

Home Depot, has been a wonderful experience the past few years, They do it right.
Just here to have fun, keep the bad guys out, and give the stray dogs a place to stay

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Postby teknoge3k » Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:26 am

I've always had a great experience with Home Depot as well. The only time that I go in there, is BF. Normally I go to Lowe's, but on BF I have to hit both. I still have AA batteries I bought from Home Depot from 3-4 years ago when they had the 60 packs, B1G1 Free. I bought a ton of those.
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

lwmjr
Evil, demented & twisted

Postby lwmjr » Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:29 am

teknoge3k wrote:I've always had a great experience with Home Depot as well. The only time that I go in there, is BF. Normally I go to Lowe's, but on BF I have to hit both. I still have AA batteries I bought from Home Depot from 3-4 years ago when they had the 60 packs, B1G1 Free. I bought a ton of those.

I bought a bunch of batteries too :lol: and a mile of the LED Christmas lights.
Just here to have fun, keep the bad guys out, and give the stray dogs a place to stay

lwmjr
Evil, demented & twisted

Postby lwmjr » Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:13 am

RAVE, HD was once again a wonderful experience, Santa Claus met everyone at the door, a truck load of Krisy kreme donuts, hot coffee, hot chocolate, lots of great helpful associates, everything in stock, Love that place on BF,

Giraffe34
Black Friday Pro

Postby Giraffe34 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:51 am

The Home Depot I went to handed out doughnuts and coffee. They were really nice and helpful and told you where things were as soon as you entered the door.

BFVet
Black Friday Pro

Postby BFVet » Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:36 am

Skillet9886 wrote:complete cluster at Walmart,.

That goes without saying and should be expected.

Tomfranklin
Black Friday Pro

Postby Tomfranklin » Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:54 am

If they don't have 50" TVs or DVDs then not that many people are worried about them so Lowes was also like this when I hit it this morning.

lilmac0168
Black Friday Amateur

Postby lilmac0168 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:47 pm

I was second in line at our Home Depot at 4:00. By 4:30 they had brought out the coffee and mini muffins and doughnuts. Santa came out and handed out maps, hand warmers and candy canes. After he and his helper helped show everyone on the map where everything they were looking for was. When the doors opened there was about 30 people in line. I got my drill and batteries and was out in 9 minutes. Could not believe it in that 9 minutes the parking lot was full and Santa was now at the exit wishing everyone "Merry Christmas". This is why my home depot is always my last stop of the night. It cheers me up for the 1 to 1 1/2 drive home.

CrazyTrain
Black Friday Pro

Postby CrazyTrain » Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:55 pm

Well we had a big huge "thing" about that Christmas tree here in our house. I won't go into the details, but it was not good. And we did not have the tree. But I happened to be passing by a Home Depot today on my way from store A to store B and decided to stop in and see if they had any of the trees. It was like 9 a.m. AND they had about 8 left! :D The girl at the check out said they had received tons. BTW I saw cookies there!

The tree is up and looking good!

mechimpaired
Black Friday Pro

Postby mechimpaired » Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:20 am

I was at home depot about 45 minutes after open it was regular busy not BF busy. The lady checking me out said they had rush for christmas trees and something else that were out of stock but that had been their rush so far. They had plenty of live wreath/garland left so I got quite a bit to decorate with this year. I give them an A+++

mechimpaired
Black Friday Pro

Postby mechimpaired » Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:21 am

whoops
Last edited by mechimpaired on Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Rants and Raves”