JCP buttons

Praise or Complain about your prior Black Friday Experiences

Moderators: Tony, Huy, cematra173, killasnake

lwmjr
Evil, demented & twisted

Re: JCP buttons

Postby lwmjr » Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:54 pm

tashicon wrote:[quote=]You picked a hell of a post to be one of your first post, one that definitely will make an impact. Welcome to the forums, and thanks for the info!

I have been a lurker for years 8) , just never got around to posting, saw this on Facebook and noticed no one posted about it yet...[/quote]
You're a good man Charlie Brown, I mean tashicon, Now you don't have to lurk anymore. :lol:
Just here to have fun, keep the bad guys out, and give the stray dogs a place to stay

john.daggett
Black Friday Pro

Postby john.daggett » Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:12 pm

The only button with JC Penny should be the termination on their button program. What a dumb idea. Glad they went back to tradition

sportymonkey
Black Friday Pro

Postby sportymonkey » Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:12 pm

john.daggett wrote:The only button with JC Penny should be the termination on their button program. What a dumb idea. Glad they went back to tradition

I guess I am an odd ball bc I loved the button idea. My kiddos loved collecting them and putting them on their backpack. Plus who doesn't like free money? I got alot of christmas shopping done with those gift certificates and even some cold weather gear for myself.

I hope that they can do both, a happy medium. Snow globes for the adults and the buttons for the kids or kids at heart.

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Postby teknoge3k » Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:59 pm

sportymonkey wrote:

I guess I am an odd ball bc I loved the button idea. My kiddos loved collecting them and putting them on their backpack. Plus who doesn't like free money? I got alot of christmas shopping done with those gift certificates and even some cold weather gear for myself.

I hope that they can do both, a happy medium. Snow globes for the adults and the buttons for the kids or kids at heart.

Some people actually liked the buttons, and to each his/her own. I have all of the snowglobes going across one of our mantels over one of the fire places. They are just cute. Plus, we love Disney. I just don't know of anything (an adult) could use the button for.

Plus, we don't buy anything from JCP so the gift codes are pretty pointless for us.
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

at630
Black Friday Pro

Postby at630 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:43 pm

I wasn't really a JCP shopper until the buttons came around last year. Loved it! I collected all of them, plus the giant penguin button that was one-per-store. I still have almost $20 left on a gift card from this promo. I was really hoping they would bring it back this year, but I can also understand how sucky it was to abruptly end the snowglobe tradition.

Vols44
Black Friday Pro

Postby Vols44 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:21 am

Got a real good look at a 2012 snow globe today. Mickey is smiling with a green and whit scarf, red jacket and holding a green and red gift with his white gloves by his right ear. A 2012 globe for the right pocket, a 2013 version for the left jacket pocket and an arm full of gifts and you'll forget about the thrill of victory and agony of defeat with those laughable buttons in no time. :wink:

Kaelha
Black Friday Pro

Postby Kaelha » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:40 am

kowen
Black Friday Pro

Postby kowen » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:56 pm

I wasn't much of a JCP shopper before the buttons. Personally, I loved them. I got a lot of gifts by using them. As far as how an adult can use them, I use them in my scrapbooking. :D

BeachGirlShops
Black Friday Pro

Postby BeachGirlShops » Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:41 pm

at630 wrote:I wasn't really a JCP shopper until the buttons came around last year. Loved it! I collected all of them, plus the giant penguin button that was one-per-store. I still have almost $20 left on a gift card from this promo. I was really hoping they would bring it back this year, but I can also understand how sucky it was to abruptly end the snowglobe tradition.

I agree. :(

Ptagirl
Black Friday Newbie

Postby Ptagirl » Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:03 am

My kids have been driving me nuts asking when They could start collecting buttons again. I thought it was cute. The kids put them on their stockings. I'll have to check out the snow globes I've never seen those.

tlwg04
Black Friday Pro

Postby tlwg04 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:09 am

I am very very sad about the buttons, I loved them. And honestly, it was a great way to get people like me who didn't shop there in the stores. I never added up all my certificates, but even with the incredible 'free $' I still spent nicely in there as well. So very very sad they didn't come back, I was looking forward to it.

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Postby teknoge3k » Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:18 am

You still get the $10 coupon with the snow globes though.
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

Return to “Rants and Raves”