JCP buttons

Praise or Complain about your prior Black Friday Experiences

Moderators: Tony, cematra173, killasnake, Huy

bertaha
Black Friday Pro

Re: JCP buttons

Postby bertaha » Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:39 pm

I went to Penney's today and asked for buttons. They handed me 19 of them.

XmasDVD
Black Friday Pro

Postby XmasDVD » Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:38 am

I went on and asked for snow globes. They laughed and gave me the JCP President's phone number.

pksmom03
Black Friday Newbie

Postby pksmom03 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:19 am

I haven't had a problem getting buttons at all. I was going everyday but on Friday the cashiers were pasing them out like crazy and we got 20 so no need to go back Sat or today. We have won probably close to $300-still have $50 in certs to use. We have spent around $45 OOP so far. Some Christmas presents, some items we needed to stock up or replace-towels, kcups,kitchen utensils, and some gifts for next year. Have only had 1 cert that never came through but that was on DD account and she is never home long enough for me to send follow up e-mail back to JCP. I have had 3 dud buttons that claimed they had already been used. I reported 1 of them and JCP e-mailed me 2 codes and 1 was a $10 winner. Happy with this promo but never did the snow globes.

METALFAN
Black Friday Pro

Postby METALFAN » Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:10 pm

Went to JCP today and bought my GF something. They handed me 7 buttons at the register. Pretty pleased. Tomorrow Im gonna go and just say...come on..they expire today...just give me all your buttons.

The 7 yielded a $5 certificate and a $25 E Gift card. GF and I counted and have won over $700 in certificates overall. Pretty solid if you ask me. We have about $60 left in certificates plus the $30 today. Should be fun to spend. Hopefully JCP has some nice after Christmas sales next week! But likely the ones from today will be spent tomorrow.

METALFAN
Black Friday Pro

Postby METALFAN » Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:26 pm

Well my local JCP did a lot of what I expected today! I walked out of the store with.....160 Buttons lol

A couple registers had their boxes on the counter and said take as many as you want. Well I'm 1 person and my gf is out of town for Christmas so I'll have trouble doing all 160! I didn't mean to have that many.

Funny story I guess...so I talked to one of the cashiers and she said they were told to get rid of the buttons. Give them away by the handfuls. They have no use for them. Well, I went to 1 register and this lady had a full box!!! of them. I asked for buttons and she says "I can give you 1". I was like...wtf!? But oh well. Should be fun to put in as many as I can and I'll update you guys with what ultimately comes from them. Wish me luck! 160 buttons better get me at least 30 certificates if not more.

METALFAN
Black Friday Pro

Postby METALFAN » Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:27 pm

Ok, with 105 buttons left I've got this so far:

11-$10 certificates
8-$5 certificates

and the first time I've won something other than a JCP GC or Certificate

2 E Movie Certificates. Basically 2 free movie tickets ($12 value each) for any movie which came at a perfect time since my gf and I are gonna see Les Miserables next weekend!

pksmom03
Black Friday Newbie

Postby pksmom03 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:43 pm

We stopped today after getting 18 from 3 registers-entered 10 so far and was surprised to win 2 $5 and 2 $10 certs. Used 5 certs today. It's hard to find things for $5 to use the $5 certs and no OOP. The Christmas section being 50% off all ready helped.

METALFAN
Black Friday Pro

Postby METALFAN » Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:47 pm

Yea using the $5 ones has been really hard. Bought my gf some shorts to sleep in on clearance for $5, tank tops that were on clearance, and we're probably gonna get lots of towels lol.

pksmom03
Black Friday Newbie

Postby pksmom03 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:10 pm

ok entered the last 8 and only 1 was a winner-$10. So $40 out of 18 buttons. It's been fun. I was sure one of those buttons was a trip!

METALFAN
Black Friday Pro

Postby METALFAN » Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:42 pm

Well I'll likely have 20 or so extra buttons. So if anyone here thinks they want some codes let me know by pm how many you'd want and I'll send them to you later tonight. They expire at midnight so you'll have them before then.

METALFAN
Black Friday Pro

Postby METALFAN » Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:21 pm

Ok, 150 buttons down (includes 12 to people on here and 34 to my gf so I'm not including those in my totals) and here's what I got.

2 movie tickets

16 $5
14 $10

Still have 10 buttons left and Im seeing if I can create anymore emails somewhere lol. I'm surprised I didn't get a gift card or something else. Happy with the movie tickets just because its something different. The 16 $5 ones are gonna be interesting. Hope my gf likes having lots of extra tank tops lol. But happy overall. Not sure if she kept what the 34 I gave her won or gave them to her family. But overall I can't complaint much! This promotion was a lot of fun and really helped Christmas be bigger for a lot of people I've talked to! It's amazing how this made you look at prices more and realize how many nice things there were in the $10 range. I was shocked and got a ton of really nice things.

Not sure if JCP will do this again. I talked to my local store manager awhile ago and he wasn't thrilled and said that it was cutting into the store sales and not having the desired impact that he thought it would on the store. I guess it should have been expected. If you give someone a $5 coupon and sell something for $5....I would expect that person to use it. No need to buy anything else. I'm interested in seeing if any other stores will run anything like this in the future. Hope everyone who participated did well!

XmasDVD
Black Friday Pro

Postby XmasDVD » Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:21 am

Bring back the snowglobes and get back to sales like they used to have. Forget the rounding up the prices, etc.

pksmom03
Black Friday Newbie

Postby pksmom03 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:36 am

Hope everyone had fun with this promo and don't forget to use the certs by the 31st! While I loved this promo, I can't see where they would do it again if everyone was coming in and only trying to buy an item close to the value of the cert. We probably spent $60 OOP along with $300 in certs and gcards. BTW, they had crazy clearance going on yesterday-$1-$3 for capris, pants, dresses, shirts! Got 2 kids shorts, 4 jr/ladies capris, and 1 jr shirt for $8-free after certs!

Vols44
Black Friday Pro

Postby Vols44 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:38 pm

XmasDVD wrote:Bring back the snowglobes and get back to sales like they used to have. Forget the rounding up the prices, etc.

Buttons are history. The snow globes might be smaller, but a secret agreement is being worked out to return the store to it's glory days. Coupons are bringing back the people and new clothing lines are appealing to the masses. More to follow.

XmasDVD
Black Friday Pro

Postby XmasDVD » Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:48 am

Vols44 wrote:
XmasDVD wrote:Bring back the snowglobes and get back to sales like they used to have. Forget the rounding up the prices, etc.

Buttons are history. The snow globes might be smaller, but a secret agreement is being worked out to return the store to it's glory days. Coupons are bringing back the people and new clothing lines are appealing to the masses. More to follow.

..count us in. Might not have seemed like much to JCP brass but the snowglobe did bring us into the store and we did shop too.

Return to “Rants and Raves”