JCP buttons

Praise or Complain about your prior Black Friday Experiences

Moderators: Tony, cematra173, killasnake, Huy

bertaha
Black Friday Pro

Re: JCP buttons

Postby bertaha » Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:21 am

I'm glad you got the buttons and that the kids enjoyed them!

pksmom03
Black Friday Newbie

Postby pksmom03 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:16 am

Is anyone still doing this besides me?? I'm up to $150 so far- $10 at least everyday. The store has been packed the last 2 days!

bertaha
Black Friday Pro

Postby bertaha » Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:37 am

I'm still doing them. I went to the store yesterday and got more buttons with much purchases. Might go to a different store today.

pksmom03
Black Friday Newbie

Postby pksmom03 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:40 pm

I've gone everyday this week. I'm averaging 2-3 winners every 12 buttons. We're up to $170 as of today. This has been a blessing since it has helped out with Christmas tremendously. We have spent around $35 OOP for 18 gifts. While we have collected several duplicates of some buttons, there are a few we still haven't received. Finally got "coal" and "salvation army" today. While I have not won any of the prizes they mail to you , movie tickets or itunes/Starbucks, I feel happy with what I have won. I seem to be winning alot of $5 ones lately. Some cashiers will let you stack the like $ amount certs but some will not.

bfshoppermom
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfshoppermom » Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:56 pm

It is crazy how some people are winning much more and others aren't having nearly as much luck with about the same amount of buttons. We won $35 total on about 35 buttons. So that was 4 winners out of 35ish tries. I am grateful for what we did get - it totally helped. I admit I was hoping to be a bigger winner but will remember to be thankful for what I did receive :) That and the Rewards points I was "gifted" for the Sears TV deal that went sour really, really helped!

Last day to enter codes is 12/24 (right?)...wonder if they will get generous with buttons (or run out) this week.

tinytim35
Black Friday Pro

Postby tinytim35 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:44 pm

bfaddict wrote:
mechimpaired wrote:I have entered a whopping....wait for it..... 6. Yes people 6......2 10 winners. How in the world have you all gotten 50 plus buttons? Wow just wow. (serious not sarcastic) I am impressed ladies and gents.

yea i'm not sure if i'm impressed or kinda horrified at somewhat abusing the system lol
i mean if they're telling you 'go ahead and take handfuls!' then by all means do it.. but i dunno...

i have 0 buttons... i want them.. but not willing to make the effort to drive to the mall where they are at.
anyone know if you can use the GC's at the sephora's that are in JCP?

they won't work at Sephora :( :(

tinytim35
Black Friday Pro

Postby tinytim35 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:46 pm

bfshoppermom wrote:I got the packages today of the buttons you guys sent to my daughter. She LOVED it. We were able to dump both packs out together and all 3 of my kids each picked out the ones they liked :) Thank you - your brightened our day. Merry Christmas!!!

I hope she grabbed her favorite before one of the other kids did!!

:D

bfshoppermom
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfshoppermom » Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:48 am

tinytim35 wrote:
bfshoppermom wrote:I got the packages today of the buttons you guys sent to my daughter. She LOVED it. We were able to dump both packs out together and all 3 of my kids each picked out the ones they liked :) Thank you - your brightened our day. Merry Christmas!!!

I hope she grabbed her favorite before one of the other kids did!!

:D

She did. She is the oldest. She sorted them all and then let the other two pick from the duplicates...lol!

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:16 pm

tinytim35 wrote:
bfaddict wrote:
i have 0 buttons... i want them.. but not willing to make the effort to drive to the mall where they are at.
anyone know if you can use the GC's at the sephora's that are in JCP?

they won't work at Sephora :( :(

bummer! i didn't really think so but if they did i would be running to get those buttons lol

crazymomofthree
Black Friday Pro

Postby crazymomofthree » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:23 am

I've only been able to get 5 buttons. Only shopped twice at two different stores though. both acted like they didn't won't to give me but one per purchase and if it wasn't for my daughter with me they probably wouldn't have gave me more. Was in there again last night to buy shoes and they were out and wouldn't be getting anymore. We haven't won anything, still have 1 more code to put in.

BeachGirlShops
Black Friday Pro

Postby BeachGirlShops » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:43 am

Overall, I have been pleased with this promotion. It did get me in the store and I have been pleasantly surprised by some of their stuff and will probably shop there throughout the year. I have been able to get some free and almost free things for my husband and son and I have stocked up on towels. I think in total, I have won somewhere between $100 - $110 on the buttons. I usually go on my lunch hour so my shopping has been limited. I have found that every cashier handles the buttons different too. The theory that the closer to the 24th deadline, the more likely they would be to hand out more has not proven true here. You are lucky to get one and you have to ask for that. It seems that the winning ratio has slowed as well. This has been a fun project.

XmasDVD
Black Friday Pro

Postby XmasDVD » Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:40 pm

And now, let's get back to our regularly scheduled snow globes...

bfshoppermom
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfshoppermom » Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:49 am

XmasDVD wrote:And now, let's get back to our regularly scheduled snow globes...

But the snow globe doesn't get the repeat customer...I did go in JCP more times than normal this holiday season to pick up some buttons. Probably will pop by today...

I did think snow globes were cute but we had a running joke in our house that none would ever make it to Christmas...and they never did! I swear we could just look at ours and it would dive on the floor, shattering to a million pieces.

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Postby teknoge3k » Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:25 pm

bfshoppermom wrote:
XmasDVD wrote:And now, let's get back to our regularly scheduled snow globes...

But the snow globe doesn't get the repeat customer...I did go in JCP more times than normal this holiday season to pick up some buttons. Probably will pop by today...

I did think snow globes were cute but we had a running joke in our house that none would ever make it to Christmas...and they never did! I swear we could just look at ours and it would dive on the floor, shattering to a million pieces.

They were the only reason I ever went in there, I have the collection of every year up until last year when they stopped. I am going to miss them
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

bfshoppermom
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfshoppermom » Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:15 pm

We did go to JCP - zero buttons to be found anywhere

Return to “Rants and Raves”