Anyone else pull an all nighter?

Praise or Complain about your prior Black Friday Experiences

Moderators: Tony, cematra173, killasnake, Huy

TheSingularity
Black Friday Pro

Anyone else pull an all nighter?

Postby TheSingularity » Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:48 pm

I got the computer I wanted from BB online 3 minutes after the site launched Thurday morining, so I was all set. Did more online purchases at Target and Lowes, hit the sack after 3. Back up by 7, had family time and took my teen daughter on the traditional bf hunt, leaving just after 10pm; one by one we hit the stores with their staggered start times, with a lull between 3 and 5 we hit ihop, then on to staples and jcp and the mall. Returned home just after 8. I count this as family time as well, I'm sure my daughter won't soon forget the all night black Friday shopping spree!

BFVet
Black Friday Pro

Re: Anyone else pull an all nighter?

Postby BFVet » Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:51 pm

yes. I pretty much have for the past 3 years when so many of the stores started opening earlier and earlier. Left around 10:00pm Thursday (I refused to give up Thanksgiving time to hit the stores) and didn't get home until 9:00am Friday. Went back out with the family from noon-5:00pm.

TheSingularity
Black Friday Pro

Postby TheSingularity » Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:56 pm

Somehow we managed to hit all the stores at their opening time as well!

BF364
Black Friday Pro

Postby BF364 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:06 pm

I was up most of the night but I was shopping online & reading posts here not out shopping. LOL I guess I am crazy that way.

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Postby teknoge3k » Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:16 pm

I was out all night, wouldn't have it any other way!!
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

sajero2
Black Friday Amateur

Postby sajero2 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:02 pm

I never do! Always go at a reasonable time in the morning (typically around 8:00-ish, though after 8:30 today) and always get what I want! Of course, I'm going for regular doorbusters and things, not the TVs and all that that you absolutely have to line up for. I even purchased online for Kohls Weds. around 7:15 a.m. while eating breakfast before work. Hearing everyone talk about the pain of the site crashing and slow checkouts and everything....I don't get it. It's super easy for me doing it all at "off-peak" times and still getting everything I want!

Skye23
Black Friday Newbie

Postby Skye23 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:58 pm

I did, I was all settled in with my coffee and fuzzy bathrobe etc, taking a first look at the actual paper ads when I realized something I'd managed to miss up until then. The one item I wanted the most, was pretty much only going on sale IN STORE, and all of the stores I thought I might buy it from online were only going to have it in store. It was a bit past 11:30 and my notes said the cheapest store was going to be Best Buy since they were giving a $30 GC back when you bought the $159 Kindle.

I had about 10 minutes to decide if I was going to drive to Best Buy and brave it, or not. I ended up doing it. It was not fun, but I did get what I came for (and that's all I got, I refused to even look at anything else, in and out!). Then I wandered over to a local store and got in line waiting for their freebie.

By the time it was over I'd done 9 hours of running around the mall and various other shops.

sportymonkey
Black Friday Pro

Postby sportymonkey » Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:39 pm

I did too which I am paying for now. I started out at 5pm got home at 3am and then back out at 2pm to 6. Just a tad bit sleepy today and these littles are wired. Happy happy joy joy :roll:

VerbalI11-23
Black Friday Pro

Postby VerbalI11-23 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:52 pm

first stop hit up target near open approximately 8:50pm Thursday surprisingly there were plenty of doorbuster tvs etc but didn't get anything

Finished a little over 9:00 am on Friday at Fry's Electronics

:D

clayman32
Black Friday Amateur

Postby clayman32 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:54 pm

My wife and I stayed out all night. Got to Walmart about 7:15pm and got home after making the last stop at Tractor Supply at about 7am. I'm used to being up all night anyways as I work 12 hour shifts.One thing I have to gripe about is all the parents I seen that had little kids out with them at 2,3,4 o clock in the morning.I even seen one parent getting mad at their young daughter for crying and all my and wife and I are thinking is that she is tired and shouldn't be out at that time.Just crazy.

rapidturtle
Black Friday Pro

Postby rapidturtle » Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:08 am

I pulled an all nighter sitting on my couch and having brews with the family. Did a little online shopping, but didn't hit any stores.

sportymonkey
Black Friday Pro

Postby sportymonkey » Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:56 am

clayman32 wrote:My wife and I stayed out all night. Got to Walmart about 7:15pm and got home after making the last stop at Tractor Supply at about 7am. I'm used to being up all night anyways as I work 12 hour shifts.One thing I have to gripe about is all the parents I seen that had little kids out with them at 2,3,4 o clock in the morning.I even seen one parent getting mad at their young daughter for crying and all my and wife and I are thinking is that she is tired and shouldn't be out at that time.Just crazy.

It is sad esp when they have babies slinged to their back and they are fighting to get in the pallets. I understand that sometimes you really want to get x person what they really want but not at the expensive of harming your child. My oldest is 13 and there was no way in h that I let her near the pallets near go time. I knew that it was getting chaotic with the pallet my friend and I were waiting on, mom intuition it was going to get ugly so me and daughter went to look at other things away from the pallets. One day a child will end up getting badly hurt and probably would try to sue that store. I hope that doesn't happen but when it does happen I hope that store holds firm and the parents realize that its no place for a young child.

hiker
Official Zipper

Postby hiker » Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:01 am

Wednesday night I was up until about 7:30am, slept for about 3 hours, then stayed up until friday morning after my wife got home at about 6 am from her shopping, all whilst I tried getting what I could online. Slept for another 3-4 hours and was back on the computer checking for other sales I may have missed that may have been put up. Was definitely glad Walmart put up their $20 bed sheets finally... All in all.. I am very tired now... maybe I should go get some real sleep now.

steffj89
Black Friday Pro

Postby steffj89 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:25 am

I have been up since about 3 am thurs AM with the exception of about a 3 hour nap between 10 30 and 1 30 today. Mom and sister woke me up thurs to place online orders. cooked and followed stuff online thurs...
about 5 pm mom and i and 2 of the kids went to Michaels. We got some really good deals.
Came home, traded...got my sister and her car and headed back out. Got up to Target about 8 20. line was around building and we weren't dying for anything so we decided to go to ON first. Only to find them closed....
Stopped at other Target @ 10 till 9. Decided to wait there.....we were just going to wait out the line, till we started seeing people who got there after us cross in the line so we joined it. she went for electronics items and i went for kids clothes...those 5$ jammies were calling my name!!!

only thing I seem to have missed is the toddler superhero hoody with a mask.

My eyes are crossed and I am going to have to prob take a melatonin to sleep tonight.
www.myinitials-inc.com/steffsbags/
steffsbags@ymail.com
Because there's only one You!!

john.daggett
Black Friday Pro

Postby john.daggett » Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:04 am

yep

Return to “Rants and Raves”