Office Depot Samsung Laptop/Tablet Combo

Praise or Complain about your prior Black Friday Experiences

Moderators: Tony, cematra173, killasnake, Huy

fred1967
Black Friday Amateur

Office Depot Samsung Laptop/Tablet Combo

Postby fred1967 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:43 am

The offer sounds too good to be true: the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 wifi for $180 (the same BF price as everyone else) plus a Samsung Series 3 laptop (Model NP300E5C-A0BUS) for $330 - or get BOTH for $470, saving another $40 on the combo...

The rant: they advertise the laptop as saving $120 - so it would normally be $450. The only problem is that neither they, nor anyone else (including Samsung), has ever sold this computer for that or any price.

Now, I get it - $120 off MSRP, right? OK... that's just an annoyance that could quickly be overcome by offering a great deal...

But is it? 15.6" screen, 500GB HDD, 4GB RAM, Dual Core processor.

Well... you know what? That's not enough information to make a good decision, but since they don't actually sell it (yet), you can't find the specs anywhere - not even Samsung.com. Almost all processors are at least dual core now, so that doesn't help - what kind and what speed? What graphics chipset do they use, and does it use shared memory (for that price, almost certainly), and what's the screen resolution?

It's not available online yet, still. I'm supposed to wait for how many hours on line until the store opens at 5am to find out? And then take the chance that it's not as good as I want, or the even more likely scenario that I didn't get there early enough to wait in line and they'll all be gone? I would take the chance if I knew the specs were good enough! Come on! How can you advertise a laptop and not give proper specs?

steffj89
Black Friday Pro

Re: Office Depot Samsung Laptop/Tablet Combo

Postby steffj89 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:43 am

BB has same laptop in a bundle of other stuff for 349.
got it online last night as well as tablet elsewhere.
steff
www.myinitials-inc.com/steffsbags/
steffsbags@ymail.com
Because there's only one You!!

fred1967
Black Friday Amateur

Postby fred1967 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:06 am

No, it's NOT the same - the one at BB is sure to be better. I have the BB one sitting in a cart right now... it's model NP300E5C-A07US. The difference is "A07US" vs. "A0BUS", and if you look in that line at Samsung's website, there are vast differences with just that one character change in the model number, with a spread of 100's of dollars.

But that BB one seems like a really good deal; add $180 for the Galaxy Tab, and that's $530... a $60 difference. Although I'll get the Tab from Amazon (free shipping and no sales tax).

So Office Depot is going to lose a sale from me - not that they care, I'm sure they're not making a whole lot, and I'm sure they'll sell out those package deals.

meli200
Black Friday Newbie

Postby meli200 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:59 am

fred1967 wrote:No, it's NOT the same - the one at BB is sure to be better. I have the BB one sitting in a cart right now... it's model NP300E5C-A07US. The difference is "A07US" vs. "A0BUS", and if you look in that line at Samsung's website, there are vast differences with just that one character change in the model number, with a spread of 100's of dollars.

But that BB one seems like a really good deal; add $180 for the Galaxy Tab, and that's $530... a $60 difference. Although I'll get the Tab from Amazon (free shipping and no sales tax).

So Office Depot is going to lose a sale from me - not that they care, I'm sure they're not making a whole lot, and I'm sure they'll sell out those package deals.

Hello,

do you have any idea if this deal is still on ? Or what they have for this year ?

thanks

lwmjr
Evil, demented & twisted

Postby lwmjr » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:37 am

meli200 wrote:
fred1967 wrote:No, it's NOT the same - the one at BB is sure to be better. I have the BB one sitting in a cart right now... it's model NP300E5C-A07US. The difference is "A07US" vs. "A0BUS", and if you look in that line at Samsung's website, there are vast differences with just that one character change in the model number, with a spread of 100's of dollars.

Hello,

do you have any idea if this deal is still on ? Or what they have for this year ?

thanks

Sniff sniff, smelling spam :evil:
Just here to have fun, keep the bad guys out, and give the stray dogs a place to stay

Return to “Rants and Raves”