-=-=-=SHARE YOUR BF 2012 EXPERIENCE! - OPEN=-=-=-

Praise or Complain about your prior Black Friday Experiences

Moderators: Tony, cematra173, killasnake, Huy

UsuallyHappy
Black Friday Newbie

Re: -=-=-=SHARE YOUR BF 2012 EXPERIENCE! - OPEN=-=-=-

Postby UsuallyHappy » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:01 am

Usually l love Amazon, and do most of my shopping on their site. I was super excited about the Thanksgiving Day Cyber Deals. I scored some video games and DVDs that seemed cheap. However, due to the "Lightning Deals", one must complete the purchase within 15 minutes. SO I was charged $4.98 shipping per order. For instance, a PS3 game on sale from 34.98 for 25.00 was shipped for 4.98 ($3 more than regularly charged to ship DVD or game), cutting the discount of 9.98 in HALF! AND since the next game did not go on sale until an hour later, I had to pay the $4.98 shipping again for that item.
Received all 4 items in one box yesterday, but was still charged $15 for shipping.

Not worth it.

So disappointed.

Boo, amazon, boo.

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Postby teknoge3k » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:04 am

Probably part of "processing"

Since you love Amazon and do most of your ordering from them, you may consider getting Prime. It's very well worth it and then you won't have to worry about shipping charges anymore with them. ;)
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

happyfan
Black Friday Pro

Postby happyfan » Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:23 am

I think having a majority of the sales Thanksgiving morning into the night caused all the morons to roll out. Pulled into KMart about a half before they opened T-giving morning trying to get some of the cheapy games and in the course of 30 minutes, saw three fist fights break out. Tempting fate that I wouldn't get pummeled by a drunken redneck as I walked down the sidewalk, I went to the back of the line right before they opened and once I got in, no games to be found. Not a big deal as I was out to collect the physical print ads anyway.
Did score good at Walmart though. EVENT 1: Price matched the black 129 Wii for Sears price of 99 the wife has been talking about since she played my niece's system. Because the CSM wasn't a very nice woman by complaining about having to PM the Wii, I also made her lower the price of the $37 Assassins Creed 3 to Best Buys $35 and Dead Island GOTY down to $8. Much moaning and groaning from her but smiles from the people behind me who were going to do the same thing. EVENT 2: Got my mom her camera & vacuum & storage bowl set (leftover from Event 1), some of the SD cards, and some other loose stuff I probably don't need at the Event 2 sale. Again, more bare knuckle redneck fist fighting over the cell phones for $40 right next to the camera pallet so that kept me occupied for about 20 minutes as the haters rolled 6 deep with batons out, whacking anybody who even blinked. Hit Gamestop for what appears to be the last copy of Madden 13 in my town (regret passing this up off Amazon for 25) and a pizza sub at Subway next door. Went back to WM and eyeballed the $50 sewing machine. I know it isn't the best out there but several (and I do mean several) years ago when we first got married, money got tight and I sold my jewelry/watch and she sold her machine. Decided to sleep on it since not a one of them sold. Went home and went back out together around 5 p.m. or so Friday afternoon. There was one left and she made the comment it was nice and she needed to get one. Waited for her to hit the crapper paper aisle and snatched it up and ran it out to the car. Made it back in (flushed face and out of breath, which bought a barrage of questions as to why and I replied I saw a hot chick in a tube top in the middle of winter by the produce....I knew that had bought me some time later on as well...read on) as she was heading up the main aisle and she commented (one of the few for the next three hours) they had sold the last one and then went on explaining how awesome of a husband I was (my words, not hers....hers was much more, shall we say, colorful). She was decorating the house (refusing to speak to me on the grounds of "oogling other women") and I headed to the garage. Fired it up and for $50, does a FANTASTIC job. Wouldn't use it on, say, leather but sewed my shirt sleeve closed perfectly (yes, stupid but what else was I suppose to sew?). Sounds fairly quiet and seems to pretty durable. Boxed it back up, wrapped it in some awesome Peanuts paper I found at Rite Aid's B1G2 free earlier and will hide it behind the tree behind the other gifts. Already have a note attached that says, "I really wasn't oogling any chick in a tube top...Merry Christmas".

METALFAN
Black Friday Pro

Postby METALFAN » Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:47 pm

I spent 33 hours outside of Best Buy. I moved to a new state so I wasn't sure how things went. I could have got there about 12 hours later and ended up in the first 5 at the store. After that went over to the mall and hit about 10 stores. Went home to rest and wait until the rest of the stores opened and then went back and hit every store in the mall. Did really well.

caroleena
Black Friday Pro

Postby caroleena » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:18 am

i wanna go shopping with you next year. i'll bring my jazzy scooter with the zombie shield on the front

happyfan wrote:I think having a majority of the sales Thanksgiving morning into the night caused all the morons to roll out. Pulled into KMart about a half before they opened T-giving morning trying to get some of the cheapy games and in the course of 30 minutes, saw three fist fights break out. Tempting fate that I wouldn't get pummeled by a drunken redneck as I walked down the sidewalk, I went to the back of the line right before they opened and once I got in, no games to be found. Not a big deal as I was out to collect the physical print ads anyway.
Did score good at Walmart though. EVENT 1: "I really wasn't oogling any chick in a tube top...Merry Christmas".

cmac1337
Black Friday Pro

Postby cmac1337 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:29 pm

Finally getting back to the forums after finals. Lol. Gonna make a new post with my experience simply due to the links/videos/etc that I'll need to post. Summary: amazing!
We Call Ourselves the "Black Friday Tailgaters (BF Tailgaters)"

1st in Line at Best Buy Store #1446 in Fultondale, AL for 7 straight years.

Follow/Like Us On Our Social Pages!

Twitter

Facebook

Instagram

Vine

happyfan
Black Friday Pro

Postby happyfan » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:17 pm

caroleena wrote:i wanna go shopping with you next year. i'll bring my jazzy scooter with the zombie shield on the front

I'll begin crafting two sets of chain mail then. Bring your own mace or other medieval weapons though just to be sure. You drive and I'll beat 'em back.
If there isn't enough room on the back for me to ride, then'll we'll have to retrofit the jazzy into more of a battle tank that can cut through the crowd. You cut through the crowd and I'll mop up the drunken rednecks you miss with hand-to-hand combat.

caroleena
Black Friday Pro

Postby caroleena » Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:35 am

happyfan wrote:
caroleena wrote:i wanna go shopping with you next year. i'll bring my jazzy scooter with the zombie shield on the front

I'll begin crafting two sets of chain mail then. Bring your own mace or other medieval weapons though just to be sure. You drive and I'll beat 'em back.
If there isn't enough room on the back for me to ride, then'll we'll have to retrofit the jazzy into more of a battle tank that can cut through the crowd. You cut through the crowd and I'll mop up the drunken rednecks you miss with hand-to-hand combat.

sounds like a plan. for further awesome weapons refer to repeats of the walking dead. i'm thinking one of those bony zombie fingers Glen came up with this season. i will BOLO for a nice taser, also

soozeq66
Black Friday Newbie

Postby soozeq66 » Wed May 22, 2013 1:53 pm

Love bf deals.

jmstasik
Black Friday Newbie

Postby jmstasik » Wed May 22, 2013 1:58 pm

Been a BFADS fan for years. Your are my GOTO resource for the addiciton that is Black Friday!

Doughek2
Black Friday Newbie

Postby Doughek2 » Wed May 22, 2013 2:05 pm

Love BF sales :roll:

roaddog81
Black Friday Amateur

Postby roaddog81 » Wed May 29, 2013 1:49 pm

Love seeing the sales on BFADS. I got the killer 50 inch Westinghouse TV from Target for 345.00 delivered free to my house. I also used my red card for additional savings thanks to BFADS. I'm already fine tuning my list for this year and have ask my family members what they want for Christmas and to give me a list now. Looking to purchase some more electronics and larger TV.

roaddog81
Black Friday Amateur

Postby roaddog81 » Wed May 29, 2013 2:29 pm

I saw some great deals on BFADS the past couple of months in hot deals that were just as worthy on black Friday. I check this site out everyday for some of the best hot deals that I can get right now. Great site for everyday usage not just black Friday.

MaryMomentum
Black Friday Pro

Postby MaryMomentum » Fri May 31, 2013 10:31 am

Wow, it's great to see these comments!

...just so you guys are aware, if you visit today's Hot Deals post and comment, you're entered in a drawing to win an iPad Mini!

Here's a handy link directly to the comments section. We're just asking people to comment and tell us how long they've used BFAds and/or what their favorite hot deal is from today's post.

http://bfads.net/Link/13322
MaryMomentum
mary@bfads.net

Visit BFAds on:
Facebook - Twitter - Google+ & Pinterest!

raymacfla
Black Friday Pro

Postby raymacfla » Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:27 am

claretha2005 wrote:Word to the wise... If you shop at Walmart, spring for their warranty card so if anything happens to ur electronics you can replace your item free of charge.

**especially the tablets my son has broken at least 5 this year alone, but thats to be expected from a 4 yr. old**

I agree on the warranty if it is inexpensive. What I disagree on is giving any tablet to a 4 year old. I would expect a parent to give a child an age appropriate gift and one that is durable.

Return to “Rants and Raves”