Re: -=-=-=SHARE YOUR BF 2012 EXPERIENCE! - OPEN=-=-=-

Postby iKitsune » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:43 pm

Kicking back in Walmart waiting on a TV. AND I'm drunk. Image

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Postby teknoge3k » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:51 pm

Walmart was FANTASTIC!!!!

I got there at 4pm, stopped at Sheetz on my way and grabbed a burger. Got a front parking spot, ate my burger and went in. I scouted the score and found where everything was. At 6:15, I (along with everyone else) started loading our buggies with everything that we wanted. I ran around the store a few times getting everything, but then I went to stand in line for a trampoline ticket. I got my ticket, and ran up front. They let us check out at 7:10. I checked out, went around back and got my trampoline and then came home. I got home, ate a bowl of macaroni and cheese and was finished eating by 8:06. It was GREAT!!!

As I was leaving, there were a ton of people walking in, driving in. I heard them complaining as usual. I've learned you have to be there early if you want to get things. I got everything that I wanted except 2 video games which they just didn't have. It was fantabulous. I'll go sleep now for 3 hours then get up and head to Roanoke and hit Toys-R-Us and a few other places that are non-essential. Walmart gets 10 out of 5 stars from me this year!
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

rogue
Black Friday Newbie

Postby rogue » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:33 pm

So far 90% pretty good. Started tuesday with getting a cat tree at some much off plus the extra 50% off deal on amazon with free shipping for only 56 bucks for my cats (the thing is huge). The last night/ thursday morning when best buy went live I got dance central 3 for 24.99 with free shipping (little did I know that microsoftstore.com would have it for 14.99 a couple hours later or that amazon would have it for 14.99 on lighting deal at 8pm tonight oh well it had already shipped (which was extremly fast) so too much hassle to send it back so Ill go with getting it at 50% off instead of 70%. Next at about 2:00 am I started shopping on amazon when they reloaded their deals and behold they had dance central 3 for 24.99 lol. But noticed they had priced matched a heap load of 360 games so grabbed dead island goty edition for 7.99, angry birds for 19.99, doom 3 bfg for 19.99 and just dance 4 for 25 bucks. Later on that day I decided to order a tripod half off from amazon for 10 bucks and got batman arkham city goty edition for the 360 for 19.99. And then around 7pm or so I snagged call of duty black ops 1 LTO for 15 bucks on lighting deal and the noticed call of duty modern 4 warfare for 9.99 (which is half price) and got a cheap hdmi cable for about 2 bucks to get the order above the 25 dollar mark. Now on the wait list for Coby LEDTV3216 32-Inch 720p 60Hz Slim-Bezel LED HDTV (Black) for 147 from amazon to round out my shopping finale (hope to snag it for my parents for a christmas gift but as soon a sit went live I hit the add to cart and got put on the wait list at 500 with a fair chance rating to get it). Other then not getting dance central 3 for 15 bucks instead of 25 bucks, been a good year

soccerman77
Black Friday Amateur

Postby soccerman77 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:34 pm

Nothing excites me this year...

rogue
Black Friday Newbie

Postby rogue » Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:08 pm

Ah well didnt get the 32inch tv for 147 from amazon, so im calling it quits for this year. Gobble gobble to everybody :)

reygato
Black Friday Pro

Postby reygato » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:42 pm

I ran over to Wally Mart, well, being in a major city now was way different than the small town Black Fridays I was used to. I did geta card/voucher for the $138 TV which will be a gift to the kids to replace the one that broke. I also got a few small items, and passed on some tempting ones. They had PJs, sleep pants, for cheap, the quality was not as good as at Kohls but the price was great. They also had bananas 59 cents a pound. I got a Nikon Point and shoot (We needed a new one) For 69, they had SD Cards for $5. I got two kids movies $2 each, and a $5 Christmas CD although not the one I really wanted.
Waited a good 45 minutes in line to check out. Passed on the Orion 24 inch TV for $78 because knock off TVs are usually good for a few months only. Also passed on the Ninja blender, that was tempting. I did not search out other clothing items, between work tomorrow I will check out JC Penneys and Macys and they usually ahve good clothes sales, although so far I beat everything online.

PS I stopped drinking hours ago so I could go over there. Now I have a headache. And I have to work tomorrow too. and shop.

claretha2005
Black Friday Newbie

Postby claretha2005 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:31 am

Word to the wise... If you shop at Walmart, spring for their warranty card so if anything happens to ur electronics you can replace your item free of charge.

**especially the tablets my son has broken at least 5 this year alone, but thats to be expected from a 4 yr. old**

TexasSteel
Black Friday Newbie

Postby TexasSteel » Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:33 am

Got to Toys r Us right before 8:00pm and finally in the store at 9:30pm. Was very impressed by the way the store was supplied and the ease of getting around. Got everything on the list that my granddaughter wanted which I'm still amazed by seeing as it took a hour and a half to get in. Next stop was Walmart and of course it was a mad house as usual. So many people and not enough product. Typical Walmart in my option. Really nothing we needed from there, but went ahead and stopped by since we were already out. Amazed by the fact that so many people were being pushy and greedy. Looked at my wife and we had a quick laugh and headed strait back to the exit emptied handed. Most of our shopping has been done online over the last week or so with out any problems. So overall we are pretty happy. Have to give props again to Toys r Us for being well stocked. As far as Walmart this year, I would have to give them a "F" for failure.

kevin
Black Friday Newbie

Postby kevin » Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:13 am

the web address for the 1-hour garantee card,walmart.com/blackfridaycard, does not work. Can you help?

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Postby teknoge3k » Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:35 am

claretha2005 wrote:Word to the wise... If you shop at Walmart, spring for their warranty card so if anything happens to ur electronics you can replace your item free of charge.

**especially the tablets my son has broken at least 5 this year alone, but thats to be expected from a 4 yr. old**

This is the biggest money racket and waste of money you can possibly get!!
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

pandagirl
Black Friday Pro

Postby pandagirl » Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:49 am

I started tue morning online at kohls. Got everything I needed (mostly towels!). This morning, I did more kohls shopping for family members. I did get a few small things on amazons lightning deals last week, too. Tonight' we went to Walmart at 6. People dd start ripping into the pallets around 7:30, but I was able to get everything on my list. Mostly toys and pjs. I checked out and then we got back in line for some 10 pm items. A few of us waited there to get those and the rest of us headed to old navy. We were about 10th into the store and I got all the shoes I wanted and some clothes for my daughter. I also got the wii u game thy were giving away. I don't have a wii u, so I'm probably going to try to sell that.

sicmaggot
Black Friday Newbie

Postby sicmaggot » Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:21 am

My girlfriend and I waited at sears for 8.5 hours. We got the 50" toshiba led for 299. They only had 5 and we almost missed out on it.

claretha2005
Black Friday Newbie

Postby claretha2005 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:35 am

teknoge3k wrote:
claretha2005 wrote:Word to the wise... If you shop at Walmart, spring for their warranty card so if anything happens to ur electronics you can replace your item free of charge.

This is the biggest money racket and waste of money you can possibly get!!

Maybe, unless you actually use it. its like insurance... in case you need it, you have it and 95% of the time i actually use it.

NCBF
Black Friday Pro

Postby NCBF » Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:31 am

Went to sears last night for the 8 PM sale, the line wasn't bad at about 40 people at 6:45. People in line said that they got there around 5:30 and got a ticket for the 50" TV.

Hit up HomeDepot this morning around 4:45, they had donuts and coffee ready to go. Got everything I wanted. They ran out of the Martha Stewart x-mas trees(only had 12-15) , but had tons of everything else. Even about 15 generators! I see others further on the East Coast were sold out of genny's...I wish it was chearper to ship or I would have picked some for you all. Super organized and tons of help on hand.

Next, went over to Menards and they were much better stocked than last year. The only thing that I saw that they were out of were the Westinghouse 32" LED TV's (which was to be expected at 5:20). So many of the infrared heaters that people were fighting each other for last year.

Headed to Lowes and they also had tons of everything left...3 pallets of the work platform, etc.

Wal-mart was slammed, but still could get most everything for the 5AM sale. They had 2 of the emerson tv's left and that was around 5:30. They also had some of the earlier sale items restocked as I guess people discarded from earlier.

I did a ton of shopping at amazon and at the microsoft store(games). Good BF, but not the best I've had.

Good luck to all and here's to next year!

JerZeygrl999
Black Friday Newbie

Postby JerZeygrl999 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:41 am

Got the ipad at Walmart, also a couple cheapo dvds and nce childrens books. They had plenty of ipads, i was surprised. Id say 50 in white and 50 in black. Maybe more. We got in line at 8:40 and were about 50th. My neighbor got in line at 9:10 and got 1- only one left after her so anyone who arrived after got guarantee cards. It took forever to pay though. I got to the register at 10:38! Ugh.

At Christmas tree shop now!!!!! Its a ZOO to say the least. Alot of overtired miserable ppl. It opened 2.5 hrs ago but its no ones first stop. Sooo soooo crowded. Its 20% off till noon. But it was LAST week too! I just didnt have my plan ready then!

Return to “Rants and Raves”