-=-=-=SHARE YOUR BF 2012 EXPERIENCE! - OPEN=-=-=-

Praise or Complain about your prior Black Friday Experiences

Moderators: Tony, Huy, cematra173, killasnake

killasnake
Admin

-=-=-=SHARE YOUR BF 2012 EXPERIENCE! - OPEN=-=-=-

Postby killasnake » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:09 am

The day has almost arrived yet again! Retailers are starting BF earlier this year. We would love to know how your experience was this year. Please share pictures, audio, video clips here.

Who stayed home and did their shopping online?
Did you get the item you were looking for?
How was the Line?
What number were you in line?
Friendly experience?
Any Fights?! :twisted:

BFPrincess
Black Friday Pro

Re: -=-=-=SHARE YOUR BF 2012 EXPERIENCE! - OPEN=-=-=-

Postby BFPrincess » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:40 am

WELL - I just did my first Amazon BF purchase ever!

Got some DVD's...had my total up to where I would need $1.02 before free shipping. Found the entire series of The Tudors for $35 (marked down from $130)...so WOOHOO

I wasn't excited for BF this year - until now! :lol:

steffj89
Black Friday Pro

Postby steffj89 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:49 am

So far so good. Got my Galaxy from BB, as well as Nabi tab, 2 micro sd cards, BBT season 5, and the Nuvi 50LM.
TRU yesterday, got the skylanders starter pack for 49.99 with 5dollar off coupon and 10 $ gift card...wound up cheaper than wal mart. Also they had get a 15$ gift card with purchase of 2 games over 19.99, so I bought 2 and got the gift card....effectively made that 25 for the two. @ the BF price would be $21 for them, so I am happy with that...those 4$ are worth the peace of mind to not be in that mess.
www.myinitials-inc.com/steffsbags/
steffsbags@ymail.com
Because there's only one You!!

iamkristen
Black Friday Pro

Postby iamkristen » Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:59 pm

Was successful at Kohls online - although the start time sure was weird! Got some toys for my students at school, some stocking stuffers, and a bunch of $4 fleece blankets for dog gifts. With a 20% off coupon and $45 earned Kohl's cash, I'd consider it a success!! Now I'm just watching the deals to see what else I can get for my students. They are older this year so it's a little harder to buy for them. Also need clothes for them, and haven't even started shopping for the family. :/ Definitely need to cut back $wise this year, so I'm hoping some more great deals will come along!

BFPrincess
Black Friday Pro

Postby BFPrincess » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:12 pm

AND I got a Cuisinart bread maker regular $235 for $99

HAPPY DANCE!

I wish I could online shop Kohls...they won't take my Canadian credit card, even with a US shipping address!

cheapshoppingmama
Black Friday Amateur

Postby cheapshoppingmama » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:40 pm

So far it's been great! Stopped by target yesterday morning to pick up a script. Checked out the electronics section and what do you know. PS3 holiday bundle with a clearly labelled 199.99 on the outside of the display case. We had an employee grab us one and it rung up full price. The manager was great and honored the 199.99 price but quickly took it down. Looks like the the night shift screwed up.....either way I was thrilled! Only item I was itching for on BF.

Snagged Madden 13 for $25 on Amazon, the Galaxy media player on sale at BB, and 3american girl craft kits from Marshall's for less than $25.

So far so good!

Captain_Canada
Black Friday Pro

Postby Captain_Canada » Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:40 pm

Worst BF in years. No smoking hot deal on hot products.
I dunno if it's cause I've cleaned house every other BF, but this year just blows.
Can't find one thing that has me excited to purchase.
BB worst ad in years too!!

kelly2
Black Friday Pro

Postby kelly2 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:29 am

Oh yeah!!! Doing my BF happy dance!!! Just got ALL the doorbusters from Target that I wanted online!!! So far GREAT experience!

fred1967
Black Friday Amateur

Postby fred1967 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:23 am

I also got what I wanted at Target, and found a few things I hadn't expected.

I got the Mr. Coffee K-Cup coffee maker for full price ($80), but BF added a $30 gift card.
Just Dance 4 for Wii - full price, but with a $10 gift card (*)
Then I noticed they had the Samsung 32" TV for the same BF price everyone else had, and I also got the Samsung sound bar for $100.

That was last hour... a few minutes ago I pulled the trigger on Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim at Amazon lightening deals... $25. At the same time, the other game my son wanted: Assassins Creed 3 was only $35, so got both and free shipping.

The only thing left on my list is Office Depot - I would like the Samsung combo, but they are not offering it online and I don't know if I'm willing to wait on line (they open at 5am - who knows when the line starts forming) when we cannot even get the full specs of the laptop. Even Samsung.com will not show the specs (apparently, until tomorrow).

(*) I know I could have gotten a better deal elsewhere and saved another $5, but it was easier to just do the one order.

killasnake
Admin

Postby killasnake » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:41 am

Well, that was easy, I ordered everything I wanted online this year. I guess I won't be going out tonight. :mrgreen:

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Postby teknoge3k » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:55 am

I just went to Walgreens and bought all of the laundry detergent they had. It was 12 bottles. That was a start to my BF shopping!
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

bertaha
Black Friday Pro

Postby bertaha » Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:22 pm

I started at 6 this morning. Didn't find the big kid blanket sleepers that I wanted, but got some Joe Boxer PJ's that were 50% off for not that much more. The kids both said earlier this year they wanted the Bear of the Year at Wal-Mart and K-Mart had theirs for 50% off. I didn't see the slippers I wanted for my MIL so I went a completely different direction for her. I got the Frosty, Rudolph and Santa movies with the free package of Oreos. The movies rang up at $9.99 instead of the $5 sales price, so I went back to customer service after checking the receipt in my car and had the price adjusted. I hadn't planned on getting my son shoes there, but since he needs new tennis shoes and they were buy one get one free I got him 2 pair of tennis shoes (figuring he will destroy them pretty quickly as he does all of his shoes. I had a SYWR coupon for 10,000 points if I bought wrapping paper so I bought a roll. I got a $5 gift card to be used next week for spending more than $50.00. All in all not a bad experience. I will be going back out to K-Mart tonight at 8 and then to Target from there. I plan on a trip to Build-a-Bear to get the gifts for the star tree that my kids picked up this past weekend at our open house in town.

gigoypotpot
Black Friday Amateur

Postby gigoypotpot » Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:19 pm

So far so good for me as well! Started online at 9am today and scored the coby 50" ledtv at fry's and also the bluray player.

Also picked up the fujitsu for $278 and an asus at microcenter for $334!!! Woot woot!

Waiting on a confirmation for my frys order though. It's been 3hrs...anyone having the same trouble?
Maybe they're backed up?

reygato
Black Friday Pro

Postby reygato » Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:35 pm

Today has been pretty good. Afterr a turkey and wine lunch, decided to check out some of the online BF deals "Starting now"
My Son needs new shoes, got NIKES at Dicks online for 38. Fair price because kids wear these things out
I wanted to get my son a video camera, got the Sony we wanted for 150 at Best Buy Free shipping on all dis stuff BTW
Got the Old Lady some new PJs and loungewear on Vickie's secret......free shipping today
Likewise at KOHLS plus some sleep pants for my son in the designs he wants for a good price. Yes Wallymarty will have them cheaper, but I don't want to have to deal with the chance on not getting an AND the quality there is less than at Kohls
I am going to Wally Mart at 10 (maybe in a cab) To get the TV for 138 that is guaranteed. I have plans to get nothing else, except maybe a new Tony Bennet Christmas CD as mine is scratched.

STILL Left to find, Star Wars Clone Wars DVD Season whatever the heck they are up to now,
Amazon has the best price so far. There are some book requests too, I will get those off amazon.
The Old Lady wants a gift card for new clothes because she has gotten so fat that most of her other clothes do not fit. I guess that is my fault because I do all the cooking
I am looking at replacing our home computer on Best Buy at the moment. I cannot believe they still have these available, which again leads to my theory that things are not selling all that well because either people have no money to spend or everyone has finally listened to me and stopped buying cheap chinese junk. being that I have no audience and am often ognored, I would think it is more the former.

Flat sale tomorrow will lead to lower prices as we get closer to Christmas. Long lines and sell outs on Thanksgiving day will tell the retailers that they need to back the sales up before THanksgiving, maybe startinng with sales on the day after Halloween! They have all the Christmas decorations out in the stores then anyway

I am drinking Robert Mondavi Cabernet, I find it to be a delicious wine and if I fall asleep and fail to go out and get a TV tonite, who cares? At least I will sleep well.

reygato
Black Friday Pro

Postby reygato » Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:36 pm

Captain_Canada wrote:Worst BF in years. No smoking hot deal on hot products.
I dunno if it's cause I've cleaned house every other BF, but this year just blows.
Can't find one thing that has me excited to purchase.
BB worst ad in years too!!

No kidding. Nothing exciting me inn the ads, maybe because I converted to Buddhism or maybe because I am drunk (don't tell anyone)

Return to “Rants and Raves”