Anybody else feel...

Praise or Complain about your prior Black Friday Experiences

Moderators: Tony, cematra173, killasnake, Huy

g-man430
Black Friday Pro

Anybody else feel...

Postby g-man430 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:28 am

....like the sales absolutely suck this year? Pretty sad that I can get a 32 inch tv cheaper at Kmart on Thanksgiving then literally anywhere else on Black Friday unless I missed something somewhere. With the store opening hours continuing to get earlier every year and the sale prices getting worse, Black Friday is turning into just another normal shopping day. :(
GREEN BAY PACKERS!!!!

ikey2
BFads Tin Man

Re: Anybody else feel...

Postby ikey2 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:30 am

First off great to see you pop up again this season.

But yea the sales to me have been pretty lack luster. now don't get me wrong still a few deals worth hitting up but it is not the same black Friday that got me excited in the past.
“Every time a cash register rings, a food court employee gets his Buffalo Wings.”
Hester, Pat

One of the most glorious messes in the world is the mess created in the living room on Christmas day. Don't clean it up too quickly!

Andy Rooney

steffj89
Black Friday Pro

Postby steffj89 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:56 am

I think it depends on what your lookng for this year. We aren't in the market for a TV this year so that seems to be all that is catching my eye....if we had a place to even put one, i would be camping now for that 40 in Toshiba @ BB

the tablets deals seem a bit lackluster...
www.myinitials-inc.com/steffsbags/
steffsbags@ymail.com
Because there's only one You!!

john.daggett
Black Friday Pro

Postby john.daggett » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:26 am

yes

BeachGirlShops
Black Friday Pro

Postby BeachGirlShops » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:28 am

Yep. It's pretty sad this year. I don't like the new hours either.

thejoseph5
Black Friday Pro

Postby thejoseph5 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:45 am

We need a tv, but I can't camp to get one. Haven't seen deals on fun gifts, like snuggies. Was even thinking about a Roomba, no sales on those. Those things are always on sale on BF. Also, always stock up on little white christmas lights. I know I can get them at Lowe's, but wow, they are double the price of last year.

I'm curious to hear how things go at WM, those staggered sales times are interesting.

azerigold
Black Friday Pro

Postby azerigold » Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:56 pm

I'm not crazy about the ads, but I don't think they are horrible. I am not a big fan of walmart's ad this year and have considered bypassing them. I think Kmart's ad is better <for the things I am after>.
However, like the complete bedding sets, used to be what... $20 on BF, and now they are $28. The last ones I bought for $20 were lousy, not very nice at all. But I did have to get my oldest daughter a new set a couple of months ago, and surprisingly they seem much nicer, so I might end up getting my son a set, he needs new sheets/blanket soooo badly.

Clothing, I always look forward to the BF clothing sales for my kids. They just won't stop growing :lol:
I like K-mart's 40% off on all the kids clothes, because my kids like their clothing. The only other store they look to get their clothes from is JCP or Sears.

Buy 1 get 1 free shoes at Kmart. I can't tell you how badly I need a new pair of 'everyday' shoes, haha...and there are a couple of pairs my 6yo really wants - she's totally into wearing dresses, but the ones she has is more for summertime.

So for me, the ads are good. But we aren't all shopping for the same things ;)

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Postby teknoge3k » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:08 pm

I think they all suck, period. When your "big purchase" is a paper shredder from Staples and some of the video games from Walmart, you know it's a bad year. :cry: :cry:
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

steffj89
Black Friday Pro

Postby steffj89 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:21 pm

yeah, but at the same time Tek....how many tv's can you buy....I think it kind of cycles....we buy tech heavy one year and toy heavy the next, in about 2 years i will be buying household stuff heavy and about 3 will be another major tech year for us....i tend to give tvs 5-8 years for tvs and slightly less on dvd players and stereos
steffsbags@ymail.com

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Postby teknoge3k » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:27 pm

Yep, I don't need TVs. Even if I needed one, I'm smart enough to know that they're cheaper closer to the Super Bowl, than they are on BF. Plus, if I need a TV (say one dies), I am going to go that day and buy one. I am not going to wait until 1 certain day of the year to get a TV.
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

steffj89
Black Friday Pro

Postby steffj89 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:43 pm

yeah if it were urgent to have a new one we would get then, but if it was just about time to upgrade i would wait for good sales.

steff
steffsbags@ymail.com

Skyshade
Black Friday Pro

Postby Skyshade » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:54 pm

I also feel the deals are not as great, but I don't know if I was just expecting too much following the trends of previous years (the stores are opening earlier and earlier) or if I just have a very short shopping list.

jovilover
Black Friday Pro

Postby jovilover » Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:47 pm

yup...just going out to poke around. I havn't seen one thing I HAD to have :(

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:48 pm

i've found plenty of stuff to buy, but yea... i was banking on younkers having 50% off kitchenaid accessories like they have in the past.... and NOPE! not this year...

Captain_Canada
Black Friday Pro

Postby Captain_Canada » Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:11 pm

Complete junk this year.

I found the WM ad interesting this year.

$129 Save $50. So retail is $179

That's funny. Cause it was in last years ad for $99. Which I bought. And after BF it was on WM.com for $119 retail.

Perfect example how they inflate prices for BF and lie about what your really saving.

PS, it's complete junk. The battery don't last worth crap. Thankfully I was able to rig it with a quality rechargeable battery from batteries plus.

Return to “Rants and Raves”