I just want to know why?

Praise or Complain about your prior Black Friday Experiences

Moderators: Tony, cematra173, Huy, killasnake

JrdnJstn
Black Friday Pro

I just want to know why?

Postby JrdnJstn » Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:30 pm

Why is it that when you're at the grocery store or any store with aisles to navigate do people feel the need to park their cart right in the middle? Do they not think that no one else wants to go down that aisle or are they just blind to the other people down that aisle?

Yesterday I was on the hunt for some chili pepper lights. I'm behind a lady and her daughter and they are walking at least slow enough for a turtle to pass them but Im looking at all the ornaments as Im walking behind them. Suddenly a cellphone rings and it is the mom's phone. She stops dead in her tracks in the middle of the aisle and frantically searches her 10 gallon purse for her phone. She is on one side and her daughter on the other side of the basket, both searching. Then there is a lady behind me and she is blocking the aisle so Im in a lady sandwich wondering how I wish I could move them out of the way like bowling pins. I was nice and said excuse me and they finally moved.
The biggest lie I tell myself is... "I don’t need to write that down, I’ll remember it."

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Re: I just want to know why?

Postby teknoge3k » Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:01 pm

It's just as bad as those ignorant people who want to have a family reunion in the middle of isle 5!!
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

john.daggett
Black Friday Pro

Postby john.daggett » Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:22 pm

Ugh I had people doing this today at walmart. I was moving and like 3 ladies just stopped there carts in the isle and stared straight ahead as if they were having a moment somewhere else

crazymomofthree
Black Friday Pro

Postby crazymomofthree » Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:11 pm

There is always a reunion I want to run over in that place. People just don't think and most times don't care. If I have to stop in the middle it's usually because of my kids but you better believe I'm saying I'm sorry.

What really got me tonight in our walmart was the cart sitting right in the middle of a good parking spot.

BFriGirl
Black Friday Pro

Postby BFriGirl » Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:28 pm

The last trip I made to our grocery store I had a similar experience. I was walking down an aisle and had to wait on a woman who was surveying the flour like one of the bags was going to start pouring diamonds or something. Two men rushed past me and caught up with her. Apparently they all knew each other because they stood there, carts side by side, talking. I would have turned around but there was a lady behind me talking to her daughter with her cart sideways in the aisle.

People lack common courtesy these days.
BF nut in training!

carmenslackey
Black Friday Pro

Postby carmenslackey » Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:32 pm

Oooh, I don't like that at all! I have a short fuse too, so I usually take people with me when I shop so I don't call the ignorant people out on their general stupidity and lack of attention to their surroundings.

Just last night, hubby and I went shopping at our local 24-hr. grocery store. We almost always go after 10pm since it's quieter and there's less people. I don't know who decided to let the gates open to idiotville, but there were a bunch of them in there. Our store starts stocking shelves around 10:30pm, so there's already blockages in some of the aisles. We can normally navigate around all of that. But there were college kids out the ying-yang who decided the grocery store was a great place for a social gathering apparently. They all had carts with maybe one or two things in them, parked 2 and 3 deep in the aisles, just standing around talking and texting like they were the only people there. We said 'excuse me' about 5 times before any of them heard us, and then they just looked at us like we were inconveniencing them, and carried on their antics without moving. Finally, I got fed up with their crap and moved their carts for them so I could get to the items we needed. The one kid, who was very clearly drunk or on something started swearing at us for touching their carts and calling us every name in the book. Luckily, I know the nighttime manager there and he was within earshot of this whole situation and promptly kicked the drunk kid out of the store, and his friends followed him. Total rudeness. :x

And the worst part of all of this, is that the situation could have been prevented. That particular grocery store has a lounge area in it, with seating for about 50 people. And you don't have to buy anything to use it. They could have easily just sat down in there and hung out, instead of wasting other people's time by blocking aisles. People that were actually shopping for more than a can of spaghettios and five-hour energy. :|

bankruptinpa
Black Friday Pro

Postby bankruptinpa » Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:26 am

The only thing that buggs me is the parking spots, where someone always parks so tight to me I never have enough room to get my doors of trunk open , plus don't like dings and dents on my car from other careless people.
So what REALLY DRIVES ME CRAZY is I park as far away as possible, where nobody else parks, then when I come out of the store there are cars always parked on both sides of me!

What else that drives me crazy is the check out girl tries too hard to be friendly and a blind man can see its a fake, or pretend friendly, I understand she is told to be friendly,,,,, but when you have to fake it it drives me crazy..... be who you are, be honest, when you lie and fake it people can see right thru you! I take it as an insult when anybody tries to fool me, and always let them know by telling them they can relax and I don't need the pretend friendly!

nippythedog
Black Friday Pro

Postby nippythedog » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:30 am

JrdnJstn wrote:Why is it that when you're at the grocery store or any store with aisles to navigate do people feel the need to park their cart right in the middle? Do they not think that no one else wants to go down that aisle or are they just blind to the other people down that aisle?

Yesterday I was on the hunt for some chili pepper lights. I'm behind a lady and her daughter and they are walking at least slow enough for a turtle to pass them but Im looking at all the ornaments as Im walking behind them. Suddenly a cellphone rings and it is the mom's phone. She stops dead in her tracks in the middle of the aisle and frantically searches her 10 gallon purse for her phone. She is on one side and her daughter on the other side of the basket, both searching. Then there is a lady behind me and she is blocking the aisle so Im in a lady sandwich wondering how I wish I could move them out of the way like bowling pins. I was nice and said excuse me and they finally moved.

Ugh... I hate that,too! I'll just push the persons' cart out of the way! :lol:

azerigold
Black Friday Pro

Postby azerigold » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:09 am

It's not the people that really bother me....it's the darned displays they feel they need to have littering the aisles! Geesh! THose things are an obsticle course. And of course the cardboard displays are so easy to knock over....
I don't mind people stopping to chat, but those displays make it hard to get around them!

I try to be courteous, and typically only stop if I'm talking or fussing with my kids, haha.

I don't think people do it to be rude or upset anyone else, so it doesn't bother me, especially if you say excuse me, and they move without attitude.
But then I live in a small town, and lots of people know each other, and I've made friends too, so it's nice to stop and say hello and see how the other person is doing.

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:04 pm

i HATE aisle blockers!!!

one of our local stores has carts that are smaller. they're about 1/3 the size of regular carts. i LOVE THEM.
but even with them i have an issue with aisle blockers.

sometimes i will sit behind someone... and try to not be rude so i'll pretend i'm looking for something.... waiting for them to move.
i try my best to scoot my cart next to the shelves if i'm getting something. if i don't and see someone coming i immediately try to get out of their way.

john.daggett
Black Friday Pro

Postby john.daggett » Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:34 pm

Solution horns on carts

PokeMeg
Black Friday Pro

Postby PokeMeg » Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:35 pm

My 'favorite' are the parents who just yell and scream at their kids in the store.

Now, I am not a parent--but I am sure walking over to your child and making them stop is better than you screaming, "GET OVER HERE. I TOLD YOU TO GET OVER HERE. 1. 2. 3. GET OVER HERE NOW. ARE YOU LISTENING"

The middle of a busy store isn't a great time to teach your child a lesson in discipline. PICK HIM UP, MOVE OUT OF THE WAY, THEN PARENT.
"Every flight begins with a fall", the crow said. "Look down."

nippythedog
Black Friday Pro

Postby nippythedog » Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:55 pm

john.daggett wrote:Solution horns on carts

Best.idea.ever!

mlo
Black Friday Pro

Postby mlo » Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:16 pm

:lol: Love it..... cart rage in Isle 4....

john.daggett
Black Friday Pro

Postby john.daggett » Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:23 pm

mlo wrote:

:lol: Love it..... cart rage in Isle 4....

They really need turning signals too. Think about how many times someone and you have a fake out battle.

Return to “Rants and Raves”