Best & worst deals of previous years

Praise or Complain about your prior Black Friday Experiences

Moderators: hiker, ikey2

candycanegirl
Black Friday Pro

Re: Best & worst deals of previous years

Postby candycanegirl » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:57 pm

I told my parents to NOT buy my son an RC helicopter, mainly because he's only 7 & can't control it that well, but they didn't listen. They ordered an expensive one online & it lasted about a month. He & a neighbor girl thought it would be great to "whack weeds" with it & broke it on the concrete edge of our flower beds. :roll:

sportymonkey
Black Friday Pro

Postby sportymonkey » Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:15 pm

candycanegirl wrote:I told my parents to NOT buy my son an RC helicopter, mainly because he's only 7 & can't control it that well, but they didn't listen. They ordered an expensive one online & it lasted about a month. He & a neighbor girl thought it would be great to "whack weeds" with it & broke it on the concrete edge of our flower beds. :roll:

:lol: I so can see my younger ones doing that. My youngest daughter would be the first to try it. Too funny. Gotta love'm.

kowen
Black Friday Pro

Postby kowen » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:09 am

My best deal was the Westinghouse TV two years ago at Target. Its still going strong. :)

ilove2laughja
Black Friday Newbie

Postby ilove2laughja » Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:46 pm

kowen wrote:My best deal was the Westinghouse TV two years ago at Target. Its still going strong. :)

What size tv did you get and how much did you pay for it may I ask??

kowen
Black Friday Pro

Postby kowen » Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:27 pm

I believe it was a 40" for $199.

blueredzone
Black Friday Pro

Postby blueredzone » Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:29 pm

my best deal was the 55" led tv last year I got.

$1348 for a 3D 1080p 240hz Sony Bravia LED TV (Retail was 2700)

I haven't got any bad deals, because I don't buy stuff just to buy stuff.

I hit a store or 2 each year, usually not for the door busters unless its something that is a great price (3 or 4 yrs ago was a BLU-RAY player for $99)

I used to work at an electronics retailer when I was younger and always enjoyed working black friday. Now I get to enjoy it at some insane hour in the morning.

HoundAbound
Black Friday Pro

Postby HoundAbound » Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:15 am

Best: Well, I have to say that the HP desktop computer I bought in '08 was a good deal as it was about half price and even though the monitor crapped out, the computer itself is still being used in my home today (Vista)...so I'm pretty happy about that...of the two HP laptops I also bought at the same time, both of their HD's went bad, but they both are still being used after installing new ones...I also got those about half price...all of it from WM... :wink:
Worst: Never, ever buy those garbage "video game" chairs...I tried 3 BF's in a row and all of them and I mean ALL broke or tore within a few hours of use and returned...and not something fun to run back and forth as they're bloody HEAVY! :roll:

Nangigglrs
Black Friday Amateur

Postby Nangigglrs » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:36 am

Best: $4 snuggies at Big Lots, lol
Worse: a GE DSLR camera from Kmart that came with a smaller camera for a total of $140! but the DSLR stopped working in less than a month, on a positive note I returned for full refund and kept the small one :twisted:

Vols44
Black Friday Pro

Postby Vols44 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:09 pm

Thought I saw another thread similar to this one.

Best ones: Westinghouse TV at Target, $5 Tide at Walgreens.

Worst one: anything with a MIR, recent Toshiba laptops from BB, people getting their online orders canceled.

azerigold
Black Friday Pro

Postby azerigold » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:22 am

Best - clothes are always a great deal, especially 'regular stock' clothing that you can get at a good price.
Even some of the cheap 'bf special' clothes have managed to hang in there.
The cheap towels aren't bad, I think we've got one that we bought 2 years ago that is coming apart on one end.

Worst - cheap 'bf' special appliances, haha... although I must say I think I've gotten my use out of the $3 walmart waffle maker. It still works, but for some reason it wants to burn the waffles towards the middle on each side...

I really liked shopping at Kmart last year. Being in a small town and that's our closest store, still they had great deals last year, and I saved a LOT of $$, plus with the points/bonus points on the Kmart shopping card, and then the $5 gift card rewards they do when you spend x amount of $$, well it was my favorite shopping place.
In fact, I spent so much, they sent me a new upgraded membership card...yay me LOL

BFriGirl
Black Friday Pro

Postby BFriGirl » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:48 am

azerigold wrote:It still works, but for some reason it wants to burn the waffles towards the middle on each side...

I'm actually glad you said that. The waffle maker is what my hubby got punched in the face over last year and it keeps burning the waffles around the top. I thought I was just doing it wrong. lol
BF nut in training!

HoundAbound
Black Friday Pro

Postby HoundAbound » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:02 am

BFriGirl wrote:
azerigold wrote:It still works, but for some reason it wants to burn the waffles towards the middle on each side...

I'm actually glad you said that. The waffle maker is what my hubby got punched in the face over last year and it keeps burning the waffles around the top. I thought I was just doing it wrong. lol

Wow...note to self: Do NOT buy wife a cheap waffle maker :shock:

john.daggett
Black Friday Pro

Postby john.daggett » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:55 am

HoundAbound wrote:
BFriGirl wrote:

Wow...note to self: Do NOT buy wife a cheap waffle maker :shock:

I remember I got my 10$ waffle maker at Khols. My ex wife was excited, after like one month she told me that it smoked excessively. I went in the kitchen and saw the power cable melting and smoking. Learned my lesson. lol. Don't buy cheap waffle makers lol

Paul06tc
Black Friday Newbie

Postby Paul06tc » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:12 pm

Best Deal- 46in Panasonic Viera tv from Best buy. And any place that has $5 blurays.

Worst deal - I don't buy just to buy

teknoge3k
Forum Moderator

Postby teknoge3k » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:16 pm

Best deal - My free SNOW GLOBES the past 10 (?) years. :roll:
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

Return to “Rants and Raves”