How hard is it to write up a Christmas list?

Praise or Complain about your prior Black Friday Experiences

Moderators: Tony, cematra173, killasnake, Huy

CrazyTrain
Black Friday Pro

How hard is it to write up a Christmas list?

Postby CrazyTrain » Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:55 pm

A week ago, I asked my family members for Christmas lists. Tuesday, I hadn't heard from anyone so I asked again. Sister in law replies she's working on one for her and my brother. I replied and let her know I wanted it by Friday since I was planning my Black Friday shopping on Saturday. I still haven't received it yet! how hard is it to write down a few things you want? Even my dad who is the type to just buy what he needs when he needs it, thought of a few things. My brother is impossible to shop for, SIL likes typical girl stuff, but I really need guidance for my brother. Ugh, I really hope I get these lists soon!!!

Russell Burrows
Black Friday Pro

Re: How hard is it to write up a Christmas list?

Postby Russell Burrows » Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:08 pm

CrazyTrain wrote:A week ago, I asked my family members for Christmas lists. Tuesday, I hadn't heard from anyone so I asked again. Sister in law replies she's working on one for her and my brother. I replied and let her know I wanted it by Friday since I was planning my Black Friday shopping on Saturday. I still haven't received it yet! how hard is it to write down a few things you want? Even my dad who is the type to just buy what he needs when he needs it, thought of a few things. My brother is impossible to shop for, SIL likes typical girl stuff, but I really need guidance for my brother. Ugh, I really hope I get these lists soon!!!

Pick a few from a guys stuff list:
PS3, Ps3 games. car audio. home audio, hdmi cables, usb external drives, sd cards, cameras, HDTV, led projector 720p, guns, blu ray movies, powered subwoofers, gamer headphones, drills, sabers saw, wood router, car tires, car rims. etc.

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Postby teknoge3k » Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:09 pm

You can't ever go wrong with lottery tickets and Visa gift cards. :)
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

Russell Burrows
Black Friday Pro

Postby Russell Burrows » Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:15 pm

teknoge3k wrote:You can't ever go wrong with lottery tickets and Visa gift cards. :)

Amen! :D

Shopper X
Suspected Line Jumper

Postby Shopper X » Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:58 pm

You're thinking about it way too hard. Christmas presents are not about the recipient. Instead, they are about the giver. So, just get them whatever you want them to have, without regard to whether they want it or not. If they complain just tell them, "There's no 'u' in 'Christmas', but there's an 'I'. It's not about what you want. It's about what I want to give you."

Or, just give them an empty box with an IOU. "I owe you a Christmas present, as soon as you tell me what you want."

azerigold
Black Friday Pro

Postby azerigold » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:16 pm

If they don't give you a list, then just buy something you think he'll like. If he doesn't like it, then oh well. It's the thought that counts, and if people don't respect that, then they don't deserve the gift in the first place :wink:

drinkgreen
Black Friday Pro

Postby drinkgreen » Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:00 pm

Shopper X wrote:You're thinking about it way too hard. Christmas presents are not about the recipient. Instead, they are about the giver. So, just get them whatever you want them to have, without regard to whether they want it or not. If they complain just tell them, "There's no 'u' in 'Christmas', but there's an 'I'. It's not about what you want. It's about what I want to give you."

If that were the case, my in-laws wouldn't even get coal from me. :lol:

steffj89
Black Friday Pro

Postby steffj89 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:30 pm

My in-laws don't get crap from us...they don't ever even send birthday cards to my kids....they worked this summer for over a month less than an hour away from my house and we offered to bring the kids over to see them for dinner and C's dad said it was too much trouble. They haven't seen SAWYER or Tanner since Sawyer was 4 months old.....$%^&*$ them.
C's mom lives in LA calls once a year and wants me to agree to send my children to stay with her for 3 weeks by themself....yeah thats not happening either, and both of them fuss at C cause my family is more involved with the kids....
yeah cause my family makes an effort to know them.

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Postby teknoge3k » Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:45 pm

See, we're the opposite. My in-laws live on the farm with us (about 16 acres away from our house) so we're a very close family.
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

steffj89
Black Friday Pro

Postby steffj89 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:03 pm

we are extremely close to my family, and to many of C's cousins and aunts and uncles and his grandma, but his parents and most of his siblings fell off the crazy tree and hit every branch in the pile on the way down.

azerigold
Black Friday Pro

Postby azerigold » Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:57 pm

We buy gifts for my family, but not for hubby's. His parents aren't in the country <have only ever met our son when he was 5yrs old, he's 10 now and they've never met our youngest daughter or me either!>.
He has family here, and they are wonderful, but we don't do gifts.
His brother/his wife and 3 kids lived with us a couple of years ago, supposed to be temporary and ended up living with us for almost a year! I love them but OMG... I was ready to pull my hair out!

First, they knew I was cooking Tday dinner, they knew I bought enough for them. But they decide to wait until the last minute and tell us they are going somewhere else!
Okay fine.
His wife had begged me to take her with me to Walmart on BF...I cringed but said okay. They didnt' get back until LATE and she didn't want to get up! Of course I wasn't upset, hehe...

Then Christmas, they knew ahead of time we'd be going out of town - leaving Christmas morning. They go out on Christmas eve, come back late, and NEVER EVER made an attempt to come out of the room to say 'Merry Christmas' or anything!!!! We even bought their kids a gift, and they didn't buy our kids anything, or even attempt to let their kids open their gifts before we left. They hid in the bedroom.

So, since then as much as I love their kids, I don't buy them anything, and I just don't invite them over. Hubby can invite them over if he wants.

I am so glad my family is easy going, and so much fun to be around. I think I'd go crazy if I was stuck with 'this' as my only outlet for holiday celebration and gift giving & receiving!

CrazyTrain
Black Friday Pro

Postby CrazyTrain » Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:26 pm

Thanks! They did get me a list, but i think I will use some of your ideas :D BTW, my bro would never complain about a gift... but he would return whatever he didn't like lol!

angel_of_oz
Black Friday Pro

Postby angel_of_oz » Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:35 pm

I have the same problem getting a list but guess who from....THE KIDS... :shock: what????

My daughter will make a list a mile long (10). Finally pressed enough I got a list from the step daughter (16) who included things which God himself couldn't make happen.....like the Vikings winning a football game (yes, she put that on there....why we allow her in the house I don't know :lol: hehe)

The two step sons keep looking at me like I have 3 heads when I ask for a list. Is it that hard? THEY ARE KIDS...they're supposed to want everything! So I still have no list for the two boys (13 and 17). They are the strangest kids I swear....I have never known kids to not be able to name off at least 5 things at any given point in time that they want....*sigh* Impossible I tell ya, Impossible!

Return to “Rants and Raves”