Canceled on-line orders

Praise or Complain about your prior Black Friday Experiences

Moderators: Tony, cematra173, Huy, killasnake

bhca
Black Friday Pro

Canceled on-line orders

Postby bhca » Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:15 pm

Is anyone else receiving canceled order e-mails for deals bought on-line? So far, Toys R Us and the Vitamin Shoppe have backed out of great deals. Is this a taste of this season's on-line shopping - disappointment?

Sparkle2217
Black Friday Pro

Re: Canceled on-line orders

Postby Sparkle2217 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:29 pm

It was like this last year as well. There was a thread about this last year especially with target. I think it was on the Lord of the Rings trilogy or something like that. I think the biggest issue that most people talked about was how when you order online it in a sense does not keep track of the inventory. For example you have an item in your cart but you are still trying to add things while another person has already checked out. They do not include the items in your cart as part of the inventory so when you go to check out and your order is getting processed it gets cancelled because they ran out of the item even though your item was in your cart. Stinks this happens.

Russell Burrows
Black Friday Pro

Postby Russell Burrows » Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:14 pm

bhca wrote:Is anyone else receiving canceled order e-mails for deals bought on-line? So far, Toys R Us and the Vitamin Shoppe have backed out of great deals. Is this a taste of this season's on-line shopping - disappointment?

BOHICA!

Bend Over Here It Comes Again!

A saying from Seals Team Richard Marchinko in the book Rouge Warrior, Red Cell, etc.

FUBAR anyone??

Avoid online if you want a doorbuster item.

ptldrabbit
Black Friday Pro

Postby ptldrabbit » Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:22 pm

bhca wrote:Is anyone else receiving canceled order e-mails for deals bought on-line? So far, Toys R Us and the Vitamin Shoppe have backed out of great deals. Is this a taste of this season's on-line shopping - disappointment?

A bit troubling as it is not BF yet and these aren't doorbusters.
Life is uncertain . . . . . eat dessert first and then go shopping!

Russell Burrows
Black Friday Pro

Postby Russell Burrows » Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:48 am

ptldrabbit wrote:

A bit troubling as it is not BF yet and these aren't doorbusters.

Shopping life is uncertain.........never trust an online deal to deliver the goods.

azerigold
Black Friday Pro

Postby azerigold » Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:14 pm

I NEVER EVER order on line items this time of year unless it's something from Ebay. I just don't like the idea of thinking I have an item I want secure and on it's way, then find out later it's not coming after all, then not being able to find it/something similar. I am just a firm believer, if I haven't bought it and it's tucked away at home, then I may not get or find it later at the right price or at all.

Russell Burrows
Black Friday Pro

Postby Russell Burrows » Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:40 pm

azerigold wrote:I NEVER EVER order on line items this time of year unless it's something from Ebay. I just don't like the idea of thinking I have an item I want secure and on it's way, then find out later it's not coming after all, then not being able to find it/something similar. I am just a firm believer, if I haven't bought it and it's tucked away at home, then I may not get or find it later at the right price or at all.

Thats what I think for this time of year.
+1

Vols44
Black Friday Pro

Postby Vols44 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:54 pm

Had A+ success shopping on BF with Newegg and Amazon. The rest can be average to bad. Sears and Best Buy are sketchy at best.

The usual rants and raves will come. Shoppers have to remember if you want it bad enough, buy it in person. Online shopping comes with no guarantees.

ruthiecrue
Black Friday Pro

Postby ruthiecrue » Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:01 pm

This morning KMart started their online sale at 4am and the actual store opened at 5am. So at 4am I ordered some cameras that I wanted that were on sale for BF. So at 5am I went to the store to buy other things and didn't have to worry about going to the busy electronics department... So when I got home and checked my e-mail I see that KMart cancelled my online order saying that the cameras weren't in stock. WTF did they not have any to begin with or did they just sell them all in store at 5am instead of fulfilling the online orders first. If I would of known I would of got them in the store. :x

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:53 pm

and it begins!

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Postby teknoge3k » Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:59 pm

bfaddict wrote:and it begins!

haha yup! ;)
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

azerigold
Black Friday Pro

Postby azerigold » Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:38 pm

ruthiecrue wrote:This morning KMart started their online sale at 4am and the actual store opened at 5am. So at 4am I ordered some cameras that I wanted that were on sale for BF. So at 5am I went to the store to buy other things and didn't have to worry about going to the busy electronics department... So when I got home and checked my e-mail I see that KMart cancelled my online order saying that the cameras weren't in stock. WTF did they not have any to begin with or did they just sell them all in store at 5am instead of fulfilling the online orders first. If I would of known I would of got them in the store. :x

IMO if it's an item that you have to get in store, opposed to something that is shipped from a warehouse, then on BF they should not offer that item online. In this case, if you want a big sale item such as this, you should have to go into the store and physically get it, all the stores inventory should be for people who are there to get it in person, especially since the stores didnt' open until 5am - very unfare for the people who actually wait in lines for these items, then to find out they were all sold on line.

So next year, if you want a big item such as this, go to the store and get it so you don't miss out.

drinkgreen
Black Friday Pro

Postby drinkgreen » Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:41 pm

My order from Leapfrog is still alive! It's en route according to the tracking number. The Leap pad should be here next week!

Kento87
Black Friday Pro

Postby Kento87 » Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:45 pm

teknoge3k wrote:
bfaddict wrote:and it begins!

haha yup! ;)

I just got an email from Target saying My Camera has been shipped. WOOHOO! Still not returning other camera until I have it in my hot little hands!

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:56 pm

haha oops!
i was just going to post that i hadn't gotten my pick up email yet from sears but that i wasn't going to be hurt over a $15 item if it suddenly wasn't available. but then i thought i had better check my trash cause i deleted so many emails last night cause i thought they were all sale emails.

and yep.. my "your order is ready" email was in my trash. haha!

Return to “Rants and Raves”