A rant and a rave for UPS.

Praise or Complain about your prior Black Friday Experiences

Moderators: Tony, cematra173, Huy, killasnake

sajero2
Black Friday Amateur

Re: A rant and a rave for UPS.

Postby sajero2 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:51 pm

I'll check this thread every day or so to help people with the USPS. I'll answer PM's as well. Goodness knows the Post Office needs all the business and positive PR we can handle. Call it a version of asking the mailman a question.

I have to say, even though the local office I called to help me with my lost package didn't help at all, my carrier (who actually made the mistake) was the nicest man. I have since moved, but whenever I did a carrier pick-up online, he'd always write a little message on the confirmation sheet, just something nice that he picked it up, or enjoy your day, or even "Happy Valentine's Day, Your Mail Carrier Perry." :) It was super cute. I lived in on the 3rd floor of a walk-up too and he almost always brought packages all the way up to leave by my door instead of in the apartment basement. I do miss that carrier now that I've moved!

inthedark
Black Friday Pro

Postby inthedark » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:24 pm

Ok, got my cat tree, somehow I got set someone else s tracking number. Mine was completely different.
This thing is huge, but Gizmo seams to like it :D

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:43 pm

holy cow!! that thing is huge!
i think mine is a little bit wider than that one cause it had 3 perches and another cubbie, but NICE DEAL for $32

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:44 pm

sajero2 wrote:
I'll check this thread every day or so to help people with the USPS. I'll answer PM's as well. Goodness knows the Post Office needs all the business and positive PR we can handle. Call it a version of asking the mailman a question.

I have to say, even though the local office I called to help me with my lost package didn't help at all, my carrier (who actually made the mistake) was the nicest man. I have since moved, but whenever I did a carrier pick-up online, he'd always write a little message on the confirmation sheet, just something nice that he picked it up, or enjoy your day, or even "Happy Valentine's Day, Your Mail Carrier Perry." :) It was super cute. I lived in on the 3rd floor of a walk-up too and he almost always brought packages all the way up to leave by my door instead of in the apartment basement. I do miss that carrier now that I've moved!

when i first moved into my house i had a SUPER small mailbox. it was one of the first things i changed when i moved in. i got a bigger one. a couple days after i replaced it i had a note from the mailperson "thanks for the bigger mailbox" haha! i put that on my fridge for awhile.

john.daggett
Black Friday Pro

Postby john.daggett » Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:34 pm

That's a nice toy for the cats.... Too bad both of mine are too lazy to get off my sofa.

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:57 pm

john.daggett wrote:That's a nice toy for the cats.... Too bad both of mine are too lazy to get off my sofa.

haha i have a 25 pounder and he loves to get in the upper cubbie on mine! i bet yours would love it!

john.daggett
Black Friday Pro

Postby john.daggett » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:04 pm

bfaddict wrote:
john.daggett wrote:That's a nice toy for the cats.... Too bad both of mine are too lazy to get off my sofa.

haha i have a 25 pounder and he loves to get in the upper cubbie on mine! i bet yours would love it!

haha my older one we call fattie and he would just look at me and say, "why don't you play on the jungle gym human"

GinaBeana87
Black Friday Pro

Postby GinaBeana87 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:13 pm

inthedark wrote:Ok, got my cat tree, somehow I got set someone else s tracking number. Mine was completely different.
This thing is huge, but Gizmo seams to like it :D

I got mine yesterday too! I was worried because it said it was being delivered to Kansas but they said it was the wrong tracking number. Must have been a big mix up with Petsmart. My kitties all love it!

Vols44
Black Friday Pro

Postby Vols44 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:24 pm

bfaddict wrote:
sajero2 wrote:

when i first moved into my house i had a SUPER small mailbox. it was one of the first things i changed when i moved in. i got a bigger one. a couple days after i replaced it i had a note from the mailperson "thanks for the bigger mailbox" haha! i put that on my fridge for awhile.

Me likey large mail receptacles. It allows a Carrier to place and conceal a lot of items otherwise susceptible to the elements and thieves. Door slots without curved bonnets in the inside are the best. Older boxes suitable for letters only are the pits.

schafferfamily5
Black Friday Pro

Postby schafferfamily5 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:08 pm

Wow - that cat tree is big! I almost ordered one - that was a good price, I'm glad I didn't
because I'm not sure where I would of put it. :roll:

Vols44
Black Friday Pro

Postby Vols44 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:43 pm

I wonder what Gizmo thinks of the picture on the wall?

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:09 pm

schafferfamily5 wrote:Wow - that cat tree is big! I almost ordered one - that was a good price, I'm glad I didn't
because I'm not sure where I would of put it. :roll:

i had my 9 foot one in my apartment first before i bought my house :) you just need to find an empty corner!
currently in my house it's right next to my dining table lol

Kaelha
Black Friday Pro

Postby Kaelha » Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:58 pm

At what point should I contact UPS if I haven't received my package? When I researched the tracking number, I only found this information:

Shipment Progress
Location Date Local Time Activity
East Alton,
IL, United States
11/25/2012 6:31 A.M. Agent pickup; in transit to UPS facility
United States
11/23/2012 3:05 A.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

I signed up for notifications and received this exact same message this morning. It was the Nikon camera from Target.
when I checked further, I noted this:

Our records show that your shipper selected UPS SurePost for this shipment. These shipments are turned over to your local United States Postal Service (USPS) to make the final delivery.

United States Postal Service (USPS) will make the final delivery attempt of your package
The USPS will typically make the delivery within one to two business days after they receive it from UPS.
Your shipment is not eligible for any delivery changes. This includes requests to have packages held for pickup, address corrections, address changes, and any other changes from the original delivery address and scheduled delivery date.

The shipper has asked that you contact them directly about this shipment. Please contact your shipper for additional assistance.

Edited to add that I sent a message to Target regarding this. I will call the post office tomorrow as well as UPS.

Edited again to add that I contacted UPS who told me to contact Target and then they gave me the site to start the process for reporting/tracking a lost package.

sigh. I hope this gets resolved before Christmas!

steffj89
Black Friday Pro

Postby steffj89 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:11 pm

Call target back. Tell them you want a replacement shipped 2 day. There is no reason an item like that should be sent unsecured smart post.

Tell them you paid for it to be shipped to your home and now not only you, but the ups and the usps and THEY (target) can';t locate your item.

I have never had a problem with this, they have always sent the replacement and then said if the original came in to return it to the store.
www.myinitials-inc.com/steffsbags/
steffsbags@ymail.com
Because there's only one You!!

Kaelha
Black Friday Pro

Postby Kaelha » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:12 am

Thanks Steff.

I called Target back last night. The women did take some time to look up my order. When she came back, she said that due to the demand, the new delivery date would be Tuesday Dec 4th. If I do not have it by Thursday Dec 6th, I need to call back. I still don't understand it. According to the tracking number, it was last seen at an Ill UPS center on the 25th, so I should have it by now.

I will see if it shows up today. If not, I'll call again tonight.

Return to “Rants and Raves”