A rant and a rave for UPS.

Praise or Complain about your prior Black Friday Experiences

Moderators: hiker, ikey2

happyfan
Black Friday Pro

Re: A rant and a rave for UPS.

Postby happyfan » Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:16 pm

Reading some of these makes me wonder if you live near me! FedEx is a joke where I live and 99% of the time, the doofus that delivers will put it in the worse place, such as a snow drift or in the spring, right where there is a huge rain puddle. I put a laminated piece of paper (with big black font) on the breezeway door by the garage explaining to leave packages on the table RIGHT BESIDE THE DOOR, yet, they never do. UPS is 50-50. Sometimes they do a stand-up job, other times it looks like my box was used as a football (but they always include a sticker saying sorry but I'm ultimately SOL because "accidents" happen). They also have a tendency to put packages in the corner and when I come home to see a little brown box corner peeking out of a snow drift, I just get all giddy inside. :roll:
The USPS used to be my preferred method of shipping/receiving at my old address. The mail carrier was awesome. Even a package with simple DC they wanted to give to me personally. I send out 20 or so "care packages" to random military personal every couple weeks. I fill them with freebies, like magazines, razors, candy, cookies, whatever I get. The old mail carrier would park the little truck in front of the house, deliver the boxes I ordered, and pick up all the outgoing after she finished her route. Where I live now, I'm lucky not to get my *** jumped by the carrier for ordering boxes due to how heavy they are. And God forbid I ask her to pick up my outgoing. I did that once and had to listen to an hour long lecture why she wasn't my personal assistant. I've also noticed my mail opened (I asked and was told accidents happen and then questioned if I was accusing her of something) and little things I should of received, not making it into my mailbox. She also goes ahead first thing in the morning and scans all the DC mail/parcels as well so at 8 a.m., it says my mail was delivered, even though it wasn't. That came back to bite me when I ordered something from Amazon a couple months ago and three weeks later, I filed a claim because I never received it. Amazon said it had DC and was dropped off at 8 a.m. on a specific day. I explained what my carrier does and they put a hold on my payment. Come to find out, the woman had "forgot" about it in the trunk of her car. It wasn't that heavy (like 20 pounds or so) but if was for her, I would of been more than happy to unload it and drag it up the driveway.

Vols44
Black Friday Pro

Postby Vols44 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:32 pm

happyfan wrote:Reading some of these makes me wonder if you live near me! FedEx is a joke where I live and 99% of the time, the doofus that delivers will put it in the worse place, such as a snow drift or in the spring, right where there is a huge rain puddle. I put a laminated piece of paper (with big black font) on the breezeway door by the garage explaining to leave packages on the table RIGHT BESIDE THE DOOR, yet, they never do. UPS is 50-50. Sometimes they do a stand-up job, other times it looks like my box was used as a football (but they always include a sticker saying sorry but I'm ultimately SOL because "accidents" happen). They also have a tendency to put packages in the corner and when I come home to see a little brown box corner peeking out of a snow drift, I just get all giddy inside. :roll:
The USPS used to be my preferred method of shipping/receiving at my old address. The mail carrier was awesome. Even a package with simple DC they wanted to give to me personally. I send out 20 or so "care packages" to random military personal every couple weeks. I fill them with freebies, like magazines, razors, candy, cookies, whatever I get. The old mail carrier would park the little truck in front of the house, deliver the boxes I ordered, and pick up all the outgoing after she finished her route. Where I live now, I'm lucky not to get my *** jumped by the carrier for ordering boxes due to how heavy they are. And God forbid I ask her to pick up my outgoing. I did that once and had to listen to an hour long lecture why she wasn't my personal assistant. I've also noticed my mail opened (I asked and was told accidents happen and then questioned if I was accusing her of something) and little things I should of received, not making it into my mailbox. She also goes ahead first thing in the morning and scans all the DC mail/parcels as well so at 8 a.m., it says my mail was delivered, even though it wasn't. That came back to bite me when I ordered something from Amazon a couple months ago and three weeks later, I filed a claim because I never received it. Amazon said it had DC and was dropped off at 8 a.m. on a specific day. I explained what my carrier does and they put a hold on my payment. Come to find out, the woman had "forgot" about it in the trunk of her car. It wasn't that heavy (like 20 pounds or so) but if was for her, I would of been more than happy to unload it and drag it up the driveway.

I want to make your Carrier work for you at the Post Office. I'd develop a repetitive claim and complaint system with the Delivery Supervisor where your Carrier works. If you go to USPS and schedule a carrier pick up management tracks those items like their bonus depends on it. Scanning as delivered before the carrier gets to your address is a no no trail that management must address. Perhaps a in person visit and request to speak to a Super will change the delivery attitudes where you live.

Vols44
Black Friday Pro

Postby Vols44 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:35 pm

I'll check this thread every day or so to help people with the USPS. I'll answer PM's as well. Goodness knows the Post Office needs all the business and positive PR we can handle. Call it a version of asking the mailman a question.

steffj89
Black Friday Pro

Postby steffj89 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:55 pm

Our mail lady is AWESOME. I had my mail held last week because we were at my folks. I knew I would have packages, but had no idea...I had 15 packages yesterday morning. Our mailboxes are in a bank at the bottom of our hill, about a mile from my house. She came out of her way and brought them all the way to my house. Then she stopped me down the hill a few minutes later totally embarrassed to tell me that she forgot the actual mail in the concern over all the packages. I really wasn't worried about ti, just told her to run it out today as normal.

About 3 hours later there was a knock...she had waited till she finsihed her route ad got off work to bring me my mail back because she was worried about me not having it.

Fed EX....we are on our 4th NEW driver since sept 15. says it all!

UPS is retiring in April...I will CRY!!!
www.myinitials-inc.com/steffsbags/
steffsbags@ymail.com
Because there's only one You!!

inthedark
Black Friday Pro

Postby inthedark » Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:01 am

Still havnt heard back from UPS or Petsmart, Gizmo really wants his cat tree. I had already taken his old one to the animal shelter along with the tons of kitty litter that I got black friday.

GinaBeana87
Black Friday Pro

Postby GinaBeana87 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:51 am

inthedark wrote:I dont know where to begin or who to blame. I had ordered that cat tree from petsmart that was 75% and when I tracked it it said it was delivered yesterday. So called up ups and they said yes it was delivered and I said not to me so she read off an address that was in California, I live in Michigan. I had ordered 2 things and the other has my address. UPS says petsmart must have given wrong address.
Called petsmart and they say UPS messed up but they will try to contact the people it was delivered to and see if they can get it back.
The lady at petsmart said she would just send me out another one but it is out of stock and she could give me a refund. I told her no, I want my 129. cat tree for the 32. that I paid. She said that she will see what she can do and call me back. Havnt heard anything yet.
I really really want the cat tree and not a refund. Done ranting for now.

On the other hand my 60in vizio was delivered today, its huge and wonderful and I am in love :D

I hope that mine is still on it's way!!! That cat tree was such a steal!

inthedark
Black Friday Pro

Postby inthedark » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:45 am

GinaBeana87 wrote:
inthedark wrote:I dont know where to begin or who to blame. I had ordered that cat tree from petsmart that was 75% and when I tracked it it said it was delivered yesterday. So called up ups and they said yes it was delivered and I said not to me so she read off an address that was in California, I live in Michigan. I had ordered 2 things and the other has my address. UPS says petsmart must have given wrong address.
Called petsmart and they say UPS messed up but they will try to contact the people it was delivered to and see if they can get it back.
The lady at petsmart said she would just send me out another one but it is out of stock and she could give me a refund. I told her no, I want my 129. cat tree for the 32. that I paid. She said that she will see what she can do and call me back. Havnt heard anything yet.
I really really want the cat tree and not a refund. Done ranting for now.

On the other hand my 60in vizio was delivered today, its huge and wonderful and I am in love :D

I hope that mine is still on it's way!!! That cat tree was such a steal!

You should have gotten a tracking number by now, if not go back to site and check your order, it should have info.
You dont live in California by any chance? :lol:

GinaBeana87
Black Friday Pro

Postby GinaBeana87 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:19 pm

Should be here tomorrow! Not California....Indiana!

I hope they send you a replacement one!

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:21 pm

how the hell did i miss a cat tree that was orig 129 and on sale for $32!?!?! i saw the one that was on sale for $69. almost bought that one... my petsmart had quite a few friday late morning.

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:25 pm

Vols44 wrote:I'll check this thread every day or so to help people with the USPS. I'll answer PM's as well. Goodness knows the Post Office needs all the business and positive PR we can handle. Call it a version of asking the mailman a question.

do you work for the post office?? i'm just wondering why all the counter people always look so miserable.

i had to take a package there last friday cause it was going to canada. i paid and printed off the label online, it was small box flat rate international. i appeared as though the label also included the custom form stuff, but i wasn't sure so i took it to the post office to ask. i'm pretty sure the lady at the counter didn't even look at it when i said "this is going to canada, i already paid postage but i'm not sure if i need to do anything else". she asked if i filled out a customs form, i said 'i'm not sure' so she handed me this huge form thing... which i filled out the information that was already on the label i had attached to the box (ie, what was in the box...if it was goods, merchandise, others....etc...). and i was too scared to ask her if the customs info was already on the label. after the box was sitting in front of her for a good 5 min while i filled out this form - she then asked "you already paid postage??" which she could probably obviously tell if she took 30 seconds to look at the label that was on the box.....

inthedark
Black Friday Pro

Postby inthedark » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:51 pm

GinaBeana87 wrote:Should be here tomorrow! Not California....Indiana!

I hope they send you a replacement one!

I am still holding out hope that I get it. You will have to let me know what its like when you get it. :)

GinaBeana87
Black Friday Pro

Postby GinaBeana87 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:23 pm

bfaddict wrote:how the hell did i miss a cat tree that was orig 129 and on sale for $32!?!?! i saw the one that was on sale for $69. almost bought that one... my petsmart had quite a few friday late morning.

It was a daily deal on Petsmart. It only lasted like 6 hours before they were sold out. I posted it in Hot Deals :wink:

Vols44
Black Friday Pro

Postby Vols44 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:52 pm

bfaddict wrote:
Vols44 wrote:I'll check this thread every day or so to help people with the USPS. I'll answer PM's as well. Goodness knows the Post Office needs all the business and positive PR we can handle. Call it a version of asking the mailman a question.

do you work for the post office?? i'm just wondering why all the counter people always look so miserable.

i had to take a package there last friday cause it was going to canada. i paid and printed off the label online, it was small box flat rate international. i appeared as though the label also included the custom form stuff, but i wasn't sure so i took it to the post office to ask. i'm pretty sure the lady at the counter didn't even look at it when i said "this is going to canada, i already paid postage but i'm not sure if i need to do anything else". she asked if i filled out a customs form, i said 'i'm not sure' so she handed me this huge form thing... which i filled out the information that was already on the label i had attached to the box (ie, what was in the box...if it was goods, merchandise, others....etc...). and i was too scared to ask her if the customs info was already on the label. after the box was sitting in front of her for a good 5 min while i filled out this form - she then asked "you already paid postage??" which she could probably obviously tell if she took 30 seconds to look at the label that was on the box.....

That must have been one of the clerks known as a PSC. They are temps hired at a non- career wage with little to no benes. In retrospect I would have asked what documentation was necessary for the country you were sending it to. I'm glad you asked for clarification since many people don't know how to initiate a customs form and what to attach to the parcel. The PSC's at out nearby Postal Store work there after opening out station at times as early as 3am. They get up to 60 hours a week (all at the straight time rate) and are naturally more strung out, less experienced and not as invested in customer service as career Clerks.

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:49 pm

GinaBeana87 wrote:
bfaddict wrote:how the hell did i miss a cat tree that was orig 129 and on sale for $32!?!?! i saw the one that was on sale for $69. almost bought that one... my petsmart had quite a few friday late morning.

It was a daily deal on Petsmart. It only lasted like 6 hours before they were sold out. I posted it in Hot Deals :wink:

aw man!!!

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:52 pm

Vols44 wrote:
bfaddict wrote:

That must have been one of the clerks known as a PSC. They are temps hired at a non- career wage with little to no benes. In retrospect I would have asked what documentation was necessary for the country you were sending it to. I'm glad you asked for clarification since many people don't know how to initiate a customs form and what to attach to the parcel. The PSC's at out nearby Postal Store work there after opening out station at times as early as 3am. They get up to 60 hours a week (all at the straight time rate) and are naturally more strung out, less experienced and not as invested in customer service as career Clerks.

thanks! if i sent you a copy of the label i attached to the box could you tell me if future shipments i do like that will need additional custom forms filled out?

Return to “Rants and Raves”