Black Friday Babies

Praise or Complain about your prior Black Friday Experiences

Moderators: hiker, ikey2

nathanwelton
Black Friday Pro

Re: Black Friday Babies

Postby nathanwelton » Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:52 pm

Last year was our first black Friday with our newborn daughter, but thankfully grandma loves to babysit. We were out there babyless and got our shopping done. Stupid and dangerous to drag your kid out in the cold.

Reproducing in line? Heck yeah. I would do it, but my wife would never go for it.

MammaTina
Black Friday Pro

Postby MammaTina » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:22 am

I brought my oldest the first year I ever went....I was also about 7mo. prego with my second at the same time....I HAD to bring him if I wanted to get the excellent deals...I didnt feel it was an option for me to leave him with Dad.....BUT (A) I waited in the car with him until the doors opened and *****Hoped**** I could get some of the toys I wanted to get and (B) that was the last year I ever brought a kid with me.

With that being said....I think it is up to the parents opinion. Some areas (like mine) are safe enough to bring the kids out because there isnt people acting like idiots. We dont fight over items maybe piss and moan but thats about it. If they have there kid(s) dressed warm enough and the kid isnt being a brat and annoying the shoppers than I dont see its my business to judge.

BFPrincess
Black Friday Pro

Re:

Postby BFPrincess » Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:50 pm

steffj89 wrote:ugggh who the h*ck has energy for conception left over on BF night
steff

you're running on adrenaline

PlutoIsTheBest
Black Friday Pro

Re:

Postby PlutoIsTheBest » Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:05 pm

teknoge3k wrote:Or i was thinking born on Black Friday

If you were born in November, it's because your dad "only wanted to try it once" on Valentines Day.[/quote]

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I was born in November....

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

teknoge3k
Forum Moderator

Re: Re:

Postby teknoge3k » Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:30 pm

PlutoIsTheBest wrote:
teknoge3k wrote:Or i was thinking born on Black Friday

If you were born in November, it's because your dad "only wanted to try it once" on Valentines Day.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I was born in November....

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:[/quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :!: :!: :!: :lol: :lol: :twisted:
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

Sra Beasley
Black Friday Pro

Postby Sra Beasley » Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:07 pm

I was born on TG day and am due the day before TG this year!!!

bfshoppermom
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfshoppermom » Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:29 am

I have taken a baby (only once) and I didn't see it as a huge issue. But I live in FL so weather is not an issue (we can often wear tshirts, shorts, and flip flops for our BF shopping.) I did modify my shopping and I wore her in a front pack carrier so it wasn't as if she was buried in a cart or anything. I only went to 3 stores (Sears, Kmart, and Walgreens) that year and I don't live in a major city where people are crazy. Worst problems around here are people breaking into the toy pallets too early kind of stuff. I only stood in line for about 20 minutes at Sears for the free $10 card they used to hand out at the door. I probably shopped for about 60 minutes total at the 3 stores and then was back home (I don't have much spare money so was only grabbing a handful of toy items.) The year I took her was many years back (before online shopping was a "real" option.)

But if I lived where it snowed and was freezing - no way would I take a tiny baby out in that. And now with online availabilities -I would have taken that route.

Ericd3043
Black Friday Newbie

Postby Ericd3043 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:20 pm

I have 4 kids – would never even consider taking any of them out. I feel bad for the kids I have seen out there and have to laugh because you hear the parents complaining that the kids are not listening… Go Figure!

sportymonkey
Black Friday Pro

Postby sportymonkey » Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:51 am

This irritates me to know end. Yes its POW and the best of the best get awarded for their stupidity on that site. I'm usually a mind my own business gal and I understand being a mom of 4; sometimes you gotta do whatcha gotta do. That being said though; if you are going to drag your infant or child out with you please follow the rules of common sense. I live in Indy where the weather changes faster than you can sneeze. Last year it was I think 20 something with drizzling rain. A family had their child out in just jammies and a light blanket. I finally gave up and went to my car because I could not get warm ( though I have body regulating issues). Thus the family stood in line while the child whimpered and cried. As a mother I could not fathom having my child out only in light jammies ( these were not fleece but thin thermal type) while standing in line for 2+ hours. I went up to the family and asked nicely if they would like to get warm for a minute as my teeth were just chattering away. Although I got a snide and low IQ comment; I did get a warm smile from the lady behind them and she even had said that she would hold their place. Still they cursed and I went on my way feeling sorry for the child. I know we all sometimes have difficult situations but bundle up your babies please.

nprfool
Black Friday Pro

Postby nprfool » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:11 am

Ok, that photo is really scary.

I admit that I brought my ten year old out last year, and will be bringing her out again. But then, we don't wait in outside lines for longer than about 20-30 minutes, and she is old enough, tall enough, and independent enough to help me do things like stand in line with the shopping cart while I pick up a few more things, or return unwanted items, or run down a parallel aisle to get things, etc. Plus she thinks it is grand fun. I do leave her younger sister at home, because she is too young.

nikkigirl01
Black Friday Pro

Postby nikkigirl01 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:24 am

That photo is horryfying!!! My oldest two boys will be with their dad from Thursday night through the weekend, so no worries there. My two-year old will be spending the night with his aunt, who will spoil him with cookies. I would never even think of bringing him out in the cold and in the crowds.

sportymonkey
Black Friday Pro

Postby sportymonkey » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:33 am

Totally understandable to take a 10yo if they are capable and independent enough. I took my 11yo with me last year and she has begged again this year to help. If I do decide to go stand in line somewhere I will just keep her home until we go somewhere that doesn't require standing outside, kwim. I love her and her help but I know I will get more whines than anything if she is outside waiting. Her younger brothers and sis will be snoring logs and non the wiser at home with daddy. LOL

Return to “Rants and Raves”