BF 8PM, BF 10PM, BF 12AM, BF 2AM, BF4AM.....geez!!

Praise or Complain about your prior Black Friday Experiences

Moderators: Tony, cematra173, killasnake, Huy

Russell Burrows
Black Friday Pro

BF 8PM, BF 10PM, BF 12AM, BF 2AM, BF4AM.....geez!!

Postby Russell Burrows » Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:31 am

I was wondering if next years BF will have an 8 pm pre bf sale, a 10 pm bf sale and a 12 am bf sale along with a post bf 4am sale, a 5 am pre wrap up bf sale, a 9 am wrap up sale, an 11 am post wrap up sale, a 2 pm late post wrap up bf sale, a 5 pm late, late post wrap up bf sale.........well you get the picture.

Is the future of BF a sale every two to three hours all Friday??

steffj89
Black Friday Pro

Postby steffj89 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:53 am

actually in a way its kinds of the past of BF....this is how KMART used to do their sales this is where the blue light specials used to go in effect YEARS ago.
steff

Russell Burrows
Black Friday Pro

Postby Russell Burrows » Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:37 am

For some reason I envisioned a mad dash from store to store trying to get each hourly special. :)

my4boyz98
Black Friday Pro

Postby my4boyz98 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:55 am

I envision a bunch of us tired from being up all night the day before Thanksgiving making pies, then up all day on Thanksgiving cooking and entertaining guests (And dealing with kids) then up all afternoon and evening preparing..........then up all night Thanksgiving and BF chasing the sales.

I then envision, cranky hateful people, car accidents, hateful parents because we are ALL exhausted. I envision many of us coming down sick..........

azerigold
Black Friday Pro

Postby azerigold » Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:44 am

my4boyz98 wrote:I envision a bunch of us tired from being up all night the day before Thanksgiving making pies, then up all day on Thanksgiving cooking and entertaining guests (And dealing with kids) then up all afternoon and evening preparing..........then up all night Thanksgiving and BF chasing the sales.

I then envision, cranky hateful people, car accidents, hateful parents because we are ALL exhausted. I envision many of us coming down sick..........

And many of us thinking that some sales are worth missing to avoid all that drama :wink:
I am used to pushing myself, but I won't go that far. If that's the case, I will just have to decide what is most important, and what I can bare to miss.

What I don't get is the stores calling these pre midnight sales BF sales! Ummm... they are on TDAY not BF if they are before midnight!

Other stores didn't have to follow Kmarts trend. I mean seriously, is Kmart getting all of their customers? I don't think so. The other stores are doing it because they want to do it, IMO. I don't see Kmart opening at midnight or 10pm. Now watch they will change their times this year LOL But I think the earliest I've ever been to Kmart was at 4 or 5am. The other stores are the ones I blame they don't have to do this 10pm or even 12am sales. In the end they just kind of ruin it.

tinytim35
Black Friday Pro

Postby tinytim35 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:01 am

this is going to be crazy.....hope I can find most of my stuff online!!

keeleon
Black Friday Pro

Postby keeleon » Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:05 am

I really hate all of these midnight and 10PM sales. BF has become no fun anymore. It used to be "oh everyone has the day after Thanksgiving off, and nothing to do, let's go shopping". Now the retail establishment has us programmed that we MUST go shopping on that day. How is a sale that starts at 10PM on Thanksgiving (Thursday), a Black FRIDAY sale?? It basically means I have to choose between getting to Target at 6PM or playing games with my family...

jediknight
Black Friday Pro

Re: BF 8PM, BF 10PM, BF 12AM, BF 2AM, BF4AM.....geez!!

Postby jediknight » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:43 am

Russell Burrows wrote:I was wondering if next years BF will have an 8 pm pre bf sale, a 10 pm bf sale and a 12 am bf sale along with a post bf 4am sale, a 5 am pre wrap up bf sale, a 9 am wrap up sale, an 11 am post wrap up sale, a 2 pm late post wrap up bf sale, a 5 pm late, late post wrap up bf sale.........well you get the picture.

To damnation with that!!! - feels more like an Amazon lightning deal list!!!! :shock:

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Postby teknoge3k » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:44 am

I wish Lowe's would do what they did last year with the Facebook lightning sale every few hours. I spent all weekend in front of the computer doing their sales but it was well worth it for what I got. They said they weren't doing it again this year. :oops:
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

ptldrabbit
Black Friday Pro

Postby ptldrabbit » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:52 am

teknoge3k wrote:I wish Lowe's would do what they did last year with the Facebook lightning sale every few hours. I spent all weekend in front of the computer doing their sales but it was well worth it for what I got. They said they weren't doing it again this year. :oops:

Oh darn, I hadn't heard that they wouldn't be doing it again. I certainly do not blame them, no matter how hard they worked to pull it off . . . . there were too many idiots that couldn't follow instructions and then got mad about it. I on the other hand am still real happy about my $19 Kitchen Aid stand mixer :D
Life is uncertain . . . . . eat dessert first and then go shopping!

jediknight
Black Friday Pro

Postby jediknight » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:53 am

teknoge3k wrote:I wish Lowe's would do what they did last year with the Facebook lightning sale every few hours. I spent all weekend in front of the computer doing their sales but it was well worth it for what I got. They said they weren't doing it again this year. :oops:

That's too bad...online is different.

I don't mind doing this type of thing in front of my computer with Amazon or even Facebook!

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Postby teknoge3k » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:56 am

ptldrabbit wrote:

Oh darn, I hadn't heard that they wouldn't be doing it again. I certainly do not blame them, no matter how hard they worked to pull it off . . . . there were too many idiots that couldn't follow instructions and then got mad about it. I on the other hand am still real happy about my $19 Kitchen Aid stand mixer :D

Exactly. If people don't read, they lose. Simple.

Congrats on your $19 mixer! I tried for that but couldn't get that one, either time. I did get the air purifier, vacuum (which is still in the box), the vanity sink, a plant, a set of tools, a Shark steam mop, and a few other things. I added up the total retail value for all of it and it was a little over $1,100 and I paid less than $150 for all of it.

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Postby teknoge3k » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:57 am

oh and the infrared turkey fryer!

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

PokeMeg
Black Friday Pro

Postby PokeMeg » Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:46 pm

jediknight wrote:
Russell Burrows wrote:I was wondering if next years BF will have an 8 pm pre bf sale, a 10 pm bf sale and a 12 am bf sale along with a post bf 4am sale, a 5 am pre wrap up bf sale, a 9 am wrap up sale, an 11 am post wrap up sale, a 2 pm late post wrap up bf sale, a 5 pm late, late post wrap up bf sale.........well you get the picture.

To damnation with that!!! - feels more like an Amazon lightning deal list!!!! :shock:
I am sure it is a push for people to start doing BF online. So Wal-Mart can save money on trampling lawsuits...
"Every flight begins with a fall", the crow said. "Look down."

jediknight
Black Friday Pro

Postby jediknight » Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:01 pm

PokeMeg wrote:
jediknight wrote:

I am sure it is a push for people to start doing BF online. So Wal-Mart can save money on trampling lawsuits...

Online is looking more and more like the key...

Return to “Rants and Raves”