eBay Blues.

Praise or Complain about your prior Black Friday Experiences

Moderators: Tony, cematra173, Huy, killasnake

john.daggett
Black Friday Pro

eBay Blues.

Postby john.daggett » Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:49 am

anyone else ever get frustrated on eBay with these snipers. I'm trying to get a used IBM and I get sniped every time. it's very frustrating.

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Postby teknoge3k » Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:40 am

The best way to win on eBay...

Open the item you're wanting to win, and open the place bid in another tab. In the second tab, go ahead and enter the amount you want to pay (max amount)... go all of the way through the process in that tab, except for the final tab that says "confirm".. Then switch back over to your first tab, and watch the countdown. When the countdown gets to 2 seconds, switch back to your other tab, and click "confirm". It's a guaranteed win.
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

krazymop
Black Friday Pro

Postby krazymop » Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:32 pm

teknoge3k wrote:The best way to win on eBay...

Open the item you're wanting to win, and open the place bid in another tab. In the second tab, go ahead and enter the amount you want to pay (max amount)... go all of the way through the process in that tab, except for the final tab that says "confirm".. Then switch back over to your first tab, and watch the countdown. When the countdown gets to 2 seconds, switch back to your other tab, and click "confirm". It's a guaranteed win.

Yep, that's pretty much what I do. Or at the very least I'll put my max bid in early if I know I'm not going to be around. If I lose, no big deal as it's more than I would have wanted to pay anyway.

glswrks
Black Friday Pro

Postby glswrks » Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:19 pm

Think like a sniper & work with a trusted friend :wink: Once I gave my CC info to my soon to be daughter-in-law who I knew had a faster internet connection. I had 3 bids with random cents, no even increases. Another time I got up in the night for a friend that gave me her info. Both times we were on the phone getting excited together :D With my friend our remaining/countdown seconds were off by up to 6 seconds. Sometimes only 2-4, refreshing changed the discrepancy...weird?! Good luck & have fun with the hunt!

jeanerz13
Black Friday Pro

Re: eBay Blues.

Postby jeanerz13 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:11 pm

john.daggett wrote:anyone else ever get frustrated on eBay with these snipers. I'm trying to get a used IBM and I get sniped every time. it's very frustrating.

I think what everyone here is saying... "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em"... I personally don't do eBay...

Poor_Guy
Black Friday Pro

Postby Poor_Guy » Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:22 am

I agree with placing the bid in the window and be ready to bid few seconds before hand to win more.

john.daggett
Black Friday Pro

Thanks guys

Postby john.daggett » Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:17 am

So i use the 1 click bit option now and I won. I got a new laptop for 237$. !

glswrks
Black Friday Pro

Postby glswrks » Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:53 pm

Yay!

john.daggett
Black Friday Pro

Postby john.daggett » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:26 pm

Now since i'm a new member I have to wait forever to get my money posted to my account from paypal. Lol i used to have ebay and i remember my least favorite way to pay was thru pay pal. More like Pay Enemy.

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Postby teknoge3k » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:13 am

john.daggett wrote:Now since i'm a new member I have to wait forever to get my money posted to my account from paypal. Lol i used to have ebay and i remember my least favorite way to pay was thru pay pal. More like Pay Enemy.

That's the prime reason I won't shop on eBay, I despise PayPal. www.paypalsucks.com
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

john.daggett
Black Friday Pro

Postby john.daggett » Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:27 pm

teknoge3k wrote:
john.daggett wrote:Now since i'm a new member I have to wait forever to get my money posted to my account from paypal. Lol i used to have ebay and i remember my least favorite way to pay was thru pay pal. More like Pay Enemy.

That's the prime reason I won't shop on eBay, I despise PayPal. www.paypalsucks.com

wish sellers could use terminals just like retail stores.

Return to “Rants and Raves”