Great vdeo of a "typical" WalMart black friday sal

Praise or Complain about your prior Black Friday Experiences

Moderators: ikey2, hiker

badchedda
Black Friday Pro

Great vdeo of a "typical" WalMart black friday sal

Postby badchedda » Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:39 pm

Dude shot this video at 11:00pm, an hour before the sale allegedly even began. Like many of us know, at that time of day, WalMart consists of hundreds of customers standing around with full carts waiting until 12:00pm to check out.

If you've never seen this, or if you go to a WalMart where things actually don't start until midnight, you may find this video interesting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=id5f5RQorYY

angel_of_oz
Black Friday Pro

Postby angel_of_oz » Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:49 pm

:shock:

I am completely flabbergasted....not because of the line....but because you can actually MOVE IN THERE....unreal. Our store is a "follow the rules" store and everyone who has a cart is moving at once, so basically it's just one giant traffic jam. There is no inbetween space between people/carts. Maybe cuz it's 11 in this video? I don't know...but ours seems way busier than that...a lot more people.....and you can't move around as well as these people seem to be able to....

I will have to remember next year to get my camera out on my phone I guess....

Luckily this year we were to the checkouts before anyone else was up there....so we didn't have to wait in line...but if you are in that store more than 10 minutes after unwrapping you will be waiting for the next hour in line ....at least.

Chipper112
Black Friday Pro

Postby Chipper112 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:28 pm

Is that somebody wearing a BFADS shirt sitting on the ground at 1:10?? :shock:

no268700
Black Friday Pro

Postby no268700 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:42 pm

Chipper112 wrote:Is that somebody wearing a BFADS shirt sitting on the ground at 1:10?? :shock:

I saw that and was wondering the same thing!

ptldrabbit
Black Friday Pro

Postby ptldrabbit » Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:42 pm

Chipper112 wrote:Is that somebody wearing a BFADS shirt sitting on the ground at 1:10?? :shock:

I'm pretty certain that it is! All the colors and shapes seem to line up the same between the one on the screen and my t-shirt. Now, we just need to figure out who it is :wink:
Life is uncertain . . . . . eat dessert first and then go shopping!

angel_of_oz
Black Friday Pro

Postby angel_of_oz » Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:00 pm

How did you notice this? LOL That's too funny. I'm pretty sure it is too!

jediknight
Black Friday Pro

Postby jediknight » Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:42 pm

wow...I have never had a BF where I got a cart and put that much stuff in it.

Amateurs... :lol:

redkel
Black Friday Pro

Postby redkel » Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:43 am

Absolutely...I NEVER get a cart at Wal-Mart on BF. If I can't carry it (or bag it), it's not worth the aggravation. I use an awesomely huge, yet lightweight tote bag. Maneuverability is never a problem.

And I've got to agree that looks like a BFADS 2010 t-shirt. Good eyes!

inthedark
Black Friday Pro

Postby inthedark » Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:48 am

It may be before sale starts but I would say there are alot of sale items in those baskets. At my walmart I got there at 9:55 and most of sale stuff was already gone.
And I agree with that being a bfads shirt.

One more thing, I want to go to that store next bf, so much better than mine

vbryant
Black Friday Pro

Postby vbryant » Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:31 am

angel_of_oz wrote::shock:

I am completely flabbergasted....not because of the line....but because you can actually MOVE IN THERE....unreal. Our store is a "follow the rules" store and everyone who has a cart is moving at once, so basically it's just one giant traffic jam. There is no inbetween space between people/carts. Maybe cuz it's 11 in this video? I don't know...but ours seems way busier than that...a lot more people.....and you can't move around as well as these people seem to be able to....

I will have to remember next year to get my camera out on my phone I guess....

Luckily this year we were to the checkouts before anyone else was up there....so we didn't have to wait in line...but if you are in that store more than 10 minutes after unwrapping you will be waiting for the next hour in line ....at least.

yep ours is a follow the rules store also, and i agree we have way more people there....

heatherbade
Black Friday Pro

Postby heatherbade » Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:26 am

WOW :shock: I need to shop at that Walmart. It's so empty... That guy in the yellow would have been clipped by my elbow if he cut like that in front of me. :twisted:

Chipper112
Black Friday Pro

Postby Chipper112 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:06 pm

angel_of_oz wrote:

How did you notice this? LOL That's too funny. I'm pretty sure it is too!

I don't know, it just caught my eye. Then of course I had to try and pause it and rewind it 15 times to make sure I wasn't crazy.

Return to “Rants and Raves”