Best Buy rant 1st in line and NO LAPTOP VOUCHER!

Praise or Complain about your prior Black Friday Experiences

Moderators: Tony, Huy, cematra173, killasnake

Russell Burrows
Black Friday Pro

Best Buy rant 1st in line and NO LAPTOP VOUCHER!

Postby Russell Burrows » Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:12 pm

In 2009 was 1st inline and Best Buy peeps distributed the laptop vouchers and told me nope, sorry, out!
Then I went and got the Best Buy Manager and I said hey I am 1st in line here and I get told laptop vouchers are all out? so how exactly does that work since 1st line and MINIMUM 10 at each store means that either I get my laptop or I turn to the waiting news crews and accuse Best Buy of seedy, shady and bad business practices.!

2010 my Son is 1st in line at Best Buy and same story as 2010 with NO LAPTOP VOUCHERS for 1st in line so we again had to threaten to get what was rightfuylly my Sons since He was 1st in line.

So screw Best Buy from now on.

badchedda
Black Friday Pro

Postby badchedda » Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:22 pm

Did they not have any laptops, or was it just not a voucher item? If they didn't hand out vouchers and you just had to run for the item, then that's fine in my book. But I've never heard a situation where the ad said a specific minimum per store and then the store had none. What was the explanation & resolution?

thejoseph5
Black Friday Pro

Postby thejoseph5 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:29 pm

I was going to ask the same question.

Russell Burrows
Black Friday Pro

Postby Russell Burrows » Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:38 pm

Doorbuster item.
Voucher NEEDED to buy item.

Managers "excuse? was sorry we skipped you.....bah!

I.e. you want a voucher for the Toshiba laptop dualcore amd priced at 189 dollars.
You ask and say I want the voucher for the Toshiba dual core laptop thats at 189 dollars as stated in your Best Buy doorbusters and right there on bestbuy.com doorbusters.

Shady Best Buy gives everyone vouchers for the 349 dollar Toshiba laptop and more expensive 549? Toshibas.( available at Conns for 329 dollars with no line waiting)
Good job Best Buy at screwing folks over.

Folks in line then say hey! wheres the 189 Toshiba laptop vouchers for Toshiba laptop at 189 dollars?

Best Buy says all out?

All out?

When YOU ARE FIRST IN LINE???

How does that work exactly?

Screw Best Buy from now on.

The resolution was we told BB Management to either fork it over or we turn to the waiting media and say Best Buy is engaging in deceptive, dirty and shady business practices and in a few hours we will go to the courthouse to seek an injunction against them for doing so.

BB Management was pissed we did not just buy a laptop at 600 plus dollars like good Sheeple.

Never shopping there again.

My Son camped from Sunday and got tears instead of the Toshiba dualcore at 189 dollars.
Dad and Mom fixed the problem and our Son got the laptop.

I was also there from Sunday and my Son decided to stay? at Best Buy along with my Mother.
My wife and I on early Thursday morning went to Target where I was 1st in line.
I expected maybe 50 folks at Target in Brownsville by BF Friday morning.?

There were MORE folks there since the line grew and grew!
How many?
Twice or more than at Best Buy.

Something like three thousand or more? folks at Target on BF 2010 at Brownsville, Texas.
Last edited by Russell Burrows on Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

badchedda
Black Friday Pro

Postby badchedda » Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:42 pm

I still can't understand WTF you're trying to say or trying to complain about. What happened after you threatened to contact the media?

(I have other questions, but let's leave it at one simple question for now and see if we can progress toward the more complex questions).

Russell Burrows
Black Friday Pro

Postby Russell Burrows » Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:57 pm

badchedda wrote:I still can't understand WTF you're trying to say or trying to complain about. What happened after you threatened to contact the media?

(I have other questions, but let's leave it at one simple question for now and see if we can progress toward the more complex questions).

Geez!
ok. lets keep it simple!

U see DORBUSTER at 200 bucks!
U be DA MAN at number ONE on da LINE.

Da BB crew walks out and gives EVERYBODY da yellow sheets for da dorbuster stuff!
Da yellow sheets say DORBUSTER 400 bucks or DORBUSTER 800 bucks.

U say wheres my DORBUSTER 200 bucks yellow sheet?

Da BB crew says all out of Dorbuster 200 bucks.

U be DA MAN at Number ONE on da LINE!!

Who got all the Doorbuster 200 bucks yellow sheets?

g-man430
Black Friday Pro

Postby g-man430 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:59 pm

Russell Burrows wrote:
badchedda wrote:I still can't understand WTF you're trying to say or trying to complain about. What happened after you threatened to contact the media?

Geez!
ok. lets keep it simple!

Da BB crew walks out and gives EVERYBODY da yellow sheets for da dorbuster stuff!

NICE. :D
GREEN BAY PACKERS!!!!

badchedda
Black Friday Pro

Postby badchedda » Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:04 pm

Russell Burrows wrote:

Geez!
ok. lets keep it simple!

And what was their response when you asked how they missed the first person in line when handing out tickets? Were you sleeping? Were you peeing in the bushes?

And what was the resolution when you threatened to go to the media.

No offense, but (that means I'm about to offend you) with your inability to comprehend a simple question, and respond with a clear and concise answer, I'm going to go with the theory that Best Buy handled everything fine and that you just weren't quite smart enough to figure out the situation. Maybe you were in the wrong line. Maybe you didn't ask for a voucher when they offered it. Maybe you read the wrong store's ad. Maybe the laptop you wanted wasn't a ticketed item. I don't know the exact situation, but I am able to conclude the reasonable certainty that the problem wasn't with Best Buy.

jamesgang97
Black Friday Pro

Postby jamesgang97 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:32 pm

To me it seems pretty clear the guy is saying that BB came out and never even had the 200 laptop ticket, so he then threatened them.

badchedda
Black Friday Pro

Postby badchedda » Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:39 pm

jamesgang97 wrote:To me it seems pretty clear the guy is saying that BB came out and never even had the 200 laptop ticket, so he then threatened them.

And was that because it wasn't a ticketed item? Did they not have the laptops in stock? Or did they give out tickets for the laptop, and he just didn't get one?

I know he's pissed about not getting a voucher for the $200 laptop. What I don't know is what the whole story is.

jammrj
Black Friday Pro

Postby jammrj » Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:44 pm

^^^ all the same questions because I did not see that answered after it was asked again either
Last edited by jammrj on Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

badchedda
Black Friday Pro

Postby badchedda » Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:46 pm

On top of that, does anyone know what laptop he's talking about? As far as I remember (and can still see) on the Best Buy ad, there wasn't a $200 laptop (nor a $198 or $199 laptop). They had the Toshiba for $189.00 IIRC. Wonder if that's the one he's thinking of. Perhaps when he ranted to the Best Buy employees about being DA MAN and not getting a voucher for the "$200 laptop", the Best Buy employees didn't know WTF he was talking about because they weren't offering a laptop for $200.

Sparkle2217
Black Friday Pro

Postby Sparkle2217 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:53 pm

I have never had a problem at BB with ticketed items. I am assuming the BB he was at may not have had the $189 toshiba labtop. I don't remember if the online ad said select stores etc.

affini
Black Friday Amateur

Postby affini » Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:09 pm

So did they end up giving you one of the $189 laptops or did they not have them at all?

Russell Burrows
Black Friday Pro

Postby Russell Burrows » Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:47 pm

jamesgang97 wrote:To me it seems pretty clear the guy is saying that BB came out and never even had the 200 laptop ticket, so he then threatened them.

My Son was AWAKE, 1st in the only line there at BB and asked for the laptop by showing a printed (0ne am friday printed) copy of the DOORBUSTER item from the BB website along with a picture of the item.

The 189 dollar Toshiba dualcore laptop.

So once inside the store we showed them the printed page and advertised item from the link on the bb website and the response was to pass the buck to another guy who did the same to another guy until my wife called over a news 23 channel reporter and a news crew channel four reporter and when my Wife started to show them the BB link with the Toshiba laptop then hey! the BB manager says heres the items! they were under a 60 inch plasma and so we forgot they were there!

Return to “Rants and Raves”