Where do I hide all this stuff?!?!?

Praise or Complain about your prior Black Friday Experiences

Moderators: Tony, cematra173, Huy, killasnake

HoundAbound
Black Friday Pro

Postby HoundAbound » Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:48 am

:roll: well, here's what i've done so far...as cheesy as it sounds, we have a tall hall closet not used much as it usually has boxes of picture albums, odds n sods, etc. I cleared all that stuff out into bags, taped 'em closed so moisture won't mess with it, stored that stuff in my shop for the time being and stuck/stacked the Xmas stuff into there and replaced the knob with a key lock knob...phew :? I'm glad i stayed relatively small to medium sized this year with the gifts as I don't know what i'd do if my boys were younger and wanted one of those ride in battery cars?!? :shock: :lol:

mommybambi
Black Friday Pro

Postby mommybambi » Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:08 am

I use the plastic totes that we use for camping equipment and storing old clothes and mix them in with other totes. I also use a large suitcase and several picnic coolers we have. I don't have anything really big so far. If I have anything that doesn't fit, I usually try to camouflage it with bags and barricade it under a table in the basement.

When I was a kid I never snooped because I didn't want to know. My sister was horrible and would find them and then tell me against my wishes and I would get sooo mad. One year when I was 17 I was a total brat and refused to open any of my gifts because I already knew what they were and I didn't get what I wanted (a VCR). I look back on that and have to say I was ashamed of my behavior. My parents didn't have much money but I was mad that my sister got a stereo.

bakermom
Black Friday Pro

Postby bakermom » Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:32 am

One time I hid something so well that I found it in the Spring! It was a DVD. Couldn't find it for the life of me on Xmas Eve but came across by Easter so all was well.

HoundAbound
Black Friday Pro

Postby HoundAbound » Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:40 am

bakermom wrote:One time I hid something so well that I found it in the Spring! It was a DVD. Couldn't find it for the life of me on Xmas Eve but came across by Easter so all was well.

:lol: that's funny 'cause i did the same thing with a toy for one of my sons...i ended up saving it for his birthday that summer :wink:

doobie
Black Friday Pro

Postby doobie » Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:58 am

mommybambi wrote:I use the plastic totes that we use for camping equipment and storing old clothes and mix them in with other totes. I also use a large suitcase and several picnic coolers we have. I don't have anything really big so far. If I have anything that doesn't fit, I usually try to camouflage it with bags and barricade it under a table in the basement.

When I was a kid I never snooped because I didn't want to know. My sister was horrible and would find them and then tell me against my wishes and I would get sooo mad. One year when I was 17 I was a total brat and refused to open any of my gifts because I already knew what they were and I didn't get what I wanted (a VCR). I look back on that and have to say I was ashamed of my behavior. My parents didn't have much money but I was mad that my sister got a stereo.

When my high maintenance daughter was 13, for her birthday I thought it would be really nice to take her out and let her pick a new bicycle (instead of surprising her with 1 I picked). Because she wanted something different than a new bike she refused to go. I was soooo sad that she not only didnt want a new bike but that she was soooo selfish that she wouldnt even go to get 1. She got NOTHING for her birthday that year,

JrdnJstn
Black Friday Pro

Postby JrdnJstn » Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:58 am

My kids already saw some of the stuff they are getting. I told them that was stuff I was giving to the "Santa Programs" that help families that can't get their kids anything.

I usually hide things in the garage up on on top (not on the roof)
The biggest lie I tell myself is... "I don’t need to write that down, I’ll remember it."

ptldrabbit
Black Friday Pro

Postby ptldrabbit » Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:29 pm

bakermom wrote:One time I hid something so well that I found it in the Spring! It was a DVD. Couldn't find it for the life of me on Xmas Eve but came across by Easter so all was well.

I am still looking for the watch I bought for one of my Brother's . . . . 2 years ago! :oops:
Life is uncertain . . . . . eat dessert first and then go shopping!

momshopper
Black Friday Amateur

Postby momshopper » Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:14 pm

After shopping on BF I take all my hubby and boys' stuff to my brothers house. I then go over there to wrap them when I find the time. On Xmas Eve, I always get "a call" from my brother about how he has a flat tire or something and I "need to go help him for a bit"..Then I go there and load up all the wrapped presents and they sit in my van locked of course until about 2 am when I then carry them and put them under the tree. My hubby stands guard at the top of the stairs just in case! Works like a charm :) Good luck!

queenofcheap
Black Friday Newbie

Postby queenofcheap » Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:32 pm

These tips might not work for you this year, but you can plan ahead! I use the classic blue Rubbermaid totes to store all sorts of exciting things like out of season clothes, cleaning supplies, etc. I also have a large box 'Depends' came in. I leave the labels on the boxes and stash wrapped gifts in them. I don't label gifts with names, but use a code I email to myself
(forgot my code one year... it was ugly). I have boys, so they will never open a box labeled 'Depends' and mom's summer clothes holds no appeal to them. Ditto cleaning supplies.
In an emergency, the bottom of the laundry basket with dirty clothes on top works and I'm a little embarassed to admit this, but small gifts like CD's fit in the bottom of a large tampon box. I stash video games in the big pot I cook pasta in. And I've been known to lose a gift or two! They have birthdays in January and May, so it usually works out!

mechimpaired
Black Friday Pro

Postby mechimpaired » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:30 am

Right now we have everything in the tops of closets and in the garage. But I will have to move everything to the garage because my daughter looked up in a closet today and kept screaming Berry Berry.....she saw strawberry shortcake r/c car box. She is only 2.5 but this means her hawk eyes will find all toys in the vicinity from now on.

Price52009
Black Friday Pro

change the door knob on your closet

Postby Price52009 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:09 pm

We have a nice size extra closet that is walk in I changed the knob to 1 with a key so the kids can't get in by just popping the lock :)

steffj89
Black Friday Pro

Postby steffj89 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:00 am

I have hardly anything hidden in the house this year. We have a storage shed, a travel trailer, and a two car shop....
Sawyers 4 wheeler is in the shed, a good portion of the big boys stuff is in the travel trailer, DS's are easy to hide...LOL
The stuff for everyone who doesnt live @ the house is stacked up next to my chair in the living room.

Steff

barrett76
Black Friday Pro

Postby barrett76 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:34 pm

I really don't hide anything. It's all in my bedroom closet. I have an 11 and 8 year old. They are not allowed in my bedroom during November or December at all. They know that if they try to go snooping I will take everything back. I really won't but I threaten that I will. It seems to work. They don't even try.

chaddenise
Black Friday Pro

Postby chaddenise » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:23 pm

Our basement is finished and we have a small room where the furnace is in, and that is where the totes with the christmas decorations are stored in. The gifts stay in the trunk of our extra car until the christmas decorations are up, then the presents go in those tubs. I also use the coolers in the garage and a few ds games in my underwear drawer!!

Sparkle2217
Black Friday Pro

Postby Sparkle2217 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:22 pm

All my children's things are in my bedroom closet as well. My kids ages 9 & 3 just don't go in my closet so I have no worries. Now if they were in the hallway closet it would be a problem

Return to “Rants and Raves”