Where do I hide all this stuff?!?!?

Praise or Complain about your prior Black Friday Experiences

Moderators: Tony, cematra173, killasnake, Huy

tinytim35
Black Friday Pro

Postby tinytim35 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:02 pm

don't do what I did & put it randomly in the closet....I usually find stuff the next year that I forgot about....oops!!!

:?

jediknight
Black Friday Pro

Postby jediknight » Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:25 pm

Shopper X wrote:For about $30, you could probably rent a unit at a self-storage place for a month. You could share the space and the cost with friends and neighbors.

I agree with either this or definitely someplace with lock and key!

Closet, storage, something...personally, I never wanted to look because I wanted to be surprised... :D

mechimpaired
Black Friday Pro

Postby mechimpaired » Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:16 pm

tinytim35 wrote:don't do what I did & put it randomly in the closet....I usually find stuff the next year that I forgot about....oops!!!

:?

I have had this happen especially concerning stocking stuffers! They end up in all different bags and I find a bag in like July!

Skillet9886
Black Friday Pro

Postby Skillet9886 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:26 pm

I bought something for my boyfriend at Bed Bath & Beyond while we were shopping there together on Black Friday. I had to shamelessly say "I'm going to ditch you for 10 minutes. Here are the car keys." I probably looked like a crazy person at the register, constantly checking to make sure he wasn't coming around the corner. I told the cashier I was buying the item for someone in the store and asked him to put it in a few bags since their bags are white and kind of see-through. He put it in maybe 7 bags to hide it! It was really awesome of him. =) I did, however, feel a little like Alan Rickman in this scene from Love Actually: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3U4I1quv1rY

Anyway, we have zero storage in our townhouse, so it's just in our closet, still in all those Bed Bath & Beyond bags. He knows it's there but is a good sport and won't look. Luckily we don't have any kids to hide things from.

glswrks
Black Friday Pro

Postby glswrks » Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:06 pm

I shopped early & hid things under my kids' bed. It's the last place he'd look...that would mean cleaning!

tlpbupu
Black Friday Pro

Postby tlpbupu » Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:49 pm

Everything goes in the shed out back. Padlocked and my DD isn't allowed in there anytime. :D

redparkme
Black Friday Amateur

Postby redparkme » Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:49 pm

i second the shed. all my children's toys are wrapped in trash bags. i always put my seasonal clothes in the shed and they don't bother to look. :wink: plus my children are afraid to go into the shed alone, at night. hehehehe :P

steffj89
Black Friday Pro

Postby steffj89 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:34 pm

I have to say with this experience of the break in this week. From now on every single item brought into the house will be photographed and the photos stored with the reciepts.
Steff

Return to “Rants and Raves”