Don't smoke in line.

Praise or Complain about your prior Black Friday Experiences

Moderators: Tony, Huy, cematra173, killasnake

daybreaker01
Black Friday Newbie

Re: Don't smoke in line.

Postby daybreaker01 » Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:29 am

I think the smokers in this group are missing the point of the OPs request. Under normal circumstances you all might move away in consideration of others. However, if you have been lined up for hours to save five bucks on a toy, odds are you won't be moving to partake in your habit. You will simply light up and not care because you don't want to miss out on that five buck savings. That is what the point was. Not that you are all inconsiderate. It is just the circumstances and how you deal with them.

For those who say that the non-smoker should move and/or not stand next to a smoker... think about that statement and you will see that it is really stupid. Oh sure, I am in line and you mosey on up next to me. I'm one of the first 50 in line so I can get my free trinket. After 20 minutes you decide to choke your fellow shoppers out with your smokes. According to your logic, I should now have to give up my spot and go to the back of the line so you can conveniently kill yourself while I miss out on my free trinket. Yeah, good thinking on that one.

Smoking killed my mom and dad, my grandmother and uncle. I have never smoked a day in my life and I really don't like people who do. If you choose to kill yourself in that manner, that's your prerogative. But do it in your own space please and if you have to share space with those of us who don't choose to die young or smell bad, please take a moment to consider that.

amiemarie7
Black Friday Pro

Postby amiemarie7 » Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:11 am

smoking in a line is a big no no. this is coming from a former smoker who would never stand close to strangers while smoking unless in a place where is was acceptable like a bar(but now its illegal to light up anywhere indoors). I would have no problem holding the persons spot while they move a few feet away to light up. I was 7 months pregnant and what I realize is it never was a problem until tru opened earlier and the ipods became the thing to get. all of a sudden a ton of young people who would never wake themselves up at 2 in the morning to stand in a line had no problem going at 10 or midnight especially when it was for something they wanted themselves. none of the too close smokers I have seen were parents or over 25

BFVet
Black Friday Pro

Postby BFVet » Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:10 pm

Black Friday 2015 Update: I'm ok with vaping in line.

barbd00
Black Friday Pro

Postby barbd00 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:58 pm

I'm ok with vaping in line.

I find vape smoke (vapor) way more stinkier than any cigarettes. They compare to cigars IMO in terms of "I think I might throw up".

GySgtMoe
Black Friday Newbie

Postby GySgtMoe » Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:15 am

I use to smoke, but I would leave the line...Then I started vaping, I didn't leave the line and no one complained. Now I do nether and been free from the devices since May this year. :P

carmenslackey
Black Friday Pro

Postby carmenslackey » Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:36 pm

This topic never dies lol.

I can't stand most vapes. They equate to strong perfumes in the gag factor for me, plus a lot of them put off almost as much smoke (vapor?) as a mack truck. I know they're harmless (or so they say), but still, annoying none the less.

However, none of this is a worry to me for BF. I don't have to stand outside in a line anywhere anymore. If I need something from BB, I buy it online, or send someone else to stand for me. I start at WM, which is inside, so I don't need to worry about the whole outside line thing. ;)

happyfan
Black Friday Pro

Postby happyfan » Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:47 pm

/\/\/\/\/\ This is right on. There's no more standing in line for most people. Sure a couple stores still do it but it's getting far and few between. Sort of just another death blow to what was BF.

On the other hand, at 20 or so minutes after WM "BF" starts, the entrance looks like its on fire with everybody standing right outside the door blazing away. As soon as they walk out the door with their junk, they light up. I smoke but have the courtesy to make sure it'd not near an entrance.

BFVet
Black Friday Pro

Postby BFVet » Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:28 pm

Let's keep it going folks. Firing up (pun?) this thread for 2016. In keeping with changing laws, trends and customs, I think it is only fair that we ask you take your "medicine" before getting in line for the night. So as far as this BF Vet is concerned:

• Cigarettes in line? NO!
  • Vaping in line? Ok, but I'd prefer you don't.
  • Medical marijuana in line? NO!
  • Recreational marijuana in line? NO!
  • Cigars, Pipes and Hookah? NO!

lwmjr
Evil, demented & twisted

Postby lwmjr » Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:33 pm

BFVet wrote:Let's keep it going folks. Firing up (pun?) this thread for 2016. In keeping with changing laws, trends and customs, I think it is only fair that we ask you take your "medicine" before getting in line for the night. So as far as this BF Vet is concerned:

Bourbon :?:
Just here to have fun, keep the bad guys out, and give the stray dogs a place to stay

clubing25
Black Friday Pro

Postby clubing25 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:29 pm

BFVet wrote:Let's keep it going folks. Firing up (pun?) this thread for 2016. In keeping with changing laws, trends and customs, I think it is only fair that we ask you take your "medicine" before getting in line for the night. So as far as this BF Vet is concerned:

First I want to start by saying I am smoker but I don't smoke in line when it's close area. However if I am camped out with my lawn chairs and have been there for hours I probably will smoke in my circle. When it's getting closer and we remove our chairs I won't smoke. However smoking outside its really not infecting your air. The air we breathe isn't that clean anyways. Ok end of rant. :D

nikkigirl01
Black Friday Pro

Postby nikkigirl01 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:33 am

I smoke. I don't smoke in line. I will walk away into the parking lot near my vehicle and smoke. HOWEVER, I don;t think vaping in line should be acceptable. Some of those smell WAY worse than any cigarette.

clubing25
Black Friday Pro

Postby clubing25 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:21 pm

nikkigirl01 wrote:I smoke. I don't smoke in line. I will walk away into the parking lot near my vehicle and smoke. HOWEVER, I don;t think vaping in line should be acceptable. Some of those smell WAY worse than any cigarette.

Agreed! And cause way more smoke!!

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Postby teknoge3k » Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:59 pm

Not to mention people who vape think it's the coolest thing in the world and have to make sure EVERYONE knows they vape. They're the most annoying creatures on the planet.
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

jmbohler2
Black Friday Pro

Postby jmbohler2 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:30 pm

My husband smokes. Whenever he is with me in line, he leaves the line and moves away as to not bother others. Once he's done, he rejoins me in line. He's talking about quiting soon, so hopefully....

clubing25
Black Friday Pro

Postby clubing25 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:56 pm

teknoge3k wrote:Not to mention people who vape think it's the coolest thing in the world and have to make sure EVERYONE knows they vape. They're the most annoying creatures on the planet.

Agreed! They are very annoying!!!

Return to “Rants and Raves”