Don't smoke in line.

Praise or Complain about your prior Black Friday Experiences

Moderators: Tony, Huy, cematra173, killasnake

krazymop
Black Friday Pro

Re: Don't smoke in line.

Postby krazymop » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:49 pm

wolvesgod wrote:Sorry but if its legal to smoke outside you have to shut up and deal with it. I don't pick up your screaming whining little children and rub them in your face.

To be fair, comparing the actions of an adult with those of a child is a bit silly, no?

john.daggett
Black Friday Pro

Postby john.daggett » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:55 pm

Congrats to OP for keeping this puppy alive.

I'm a smoker, I do smoke in line. With the exception that if children are close or non smokers are next to me I will ask to step aside. Obviously if my personal belongings such as my chair and other materials I kinda have a reserved spot. Most of the time tho I simply ask if they mind if I smoke. Here is the thing though, you're actually not really supposed to smoke X amount of feet/meters/yards from the building in my state. However it's not enforced. I think just assessing the situation around you and having courtesy for others in line is the best practice.

Really can't believe this is still a active post. Leads me to ask other questions.
Rude to drink in line (whisky)
Rude to fart in line
Rude to swear in line
etc. the only thing I could see as really isolating smoke from the rest is that it harms others not just yourself. One night however, idk, I could see if someone had a breathing condition. Good luck to smokers and non smokers alike this year in line. Hope you all settle your differences.

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Postby teknoge3k » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:32 am

john.daggett wrote: I could see if someone had a breathing condition.

How would you know if someone had a breathing condition though? I am 32 years old, but my last PFT showed I had the lungs of a 67 year old. From where I had my cancer, it's hard for me to breathe as it is, yet alone with someone smoking. You can't look at me in tell, as I don't wear oxygen, or anything like that.
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

BFVet
Black Friday Pro

Postby BFVet » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:43 am

john.daggett wrote:Rude to fart in line.

You need to read the rest of the thread. This has been discussed and is roughly equivalent to smoking in line. Difference is that a cigarette tends to last longer than a fart.

john.daggett
Black Friday Pro

Postby john.daggett » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:47 pm

True Story Tek
Touche True BfVet

I did read the rest of it. I was part of it last year. Your right obviously a cigarette lasts longer than most other scents or hazards you would experience on black friday. And yes your right obviously I wouldn't have much to really determine someones health conditions by sight. Idk I guess I'm really not sure how I feel about the subject.

Think about it, let's just say for example I'm a non-smoker. I'm standing somewhere in the middle of the line. Keep in mind I was not always a smoker so I do remember what life was like before taking it up. Anyhow say two gentlemen light some cigarettes up. I'm standing relatively close to them. Me personally, am I bothered by it, not really. I don't get a sensation of distaste for their actions but neither am I all for it therefore I am neutral on the matter. Would I say something? No. Does that make me a bad person, not really.

The topic is DO NOT (don't) SMOKE IN LINE, NOT should/would/if/will/can you smoke in line, the post reads
It is rude. And i know this will fall on deaf ears because, if you smoke, you are already inconsiderate of others. But still, just don't smoke in line... mmmmmkay?

So if we're staying on subject -
Is it rude: absolutely (unless everyone in line is a smoker [100% of them])
OP states that smokers (exclusively) will ignore him because they are automatically by default inconsiderate. By the statement he is ignoring all smokers who smoke distances so far away from others (non smokers) that they wouldn't be able to even smell the scent, and those who remove themselves from others for the sole purpose of consideration of their health.

Again not trying to set fumes to a fire here, just expressing my thought. I've always distanced myself from others smoking, not just on black Friday. Today I rolled into work, I smoked in my car before I clocked in. I could have lit up anywhere else but because I didn't want to subject others to it so I isolated myself.

I mean if you people feel like I'm just an arsehole please let me know.

sportymonkey
Black Friday Pro

Postby sportymonkey » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:58 am

john.daggett wrote:Congrats to OP for keeping this puppy alive.

Rude to drink in line (whisky)

Only if you don't share LOL!

Seriously though, can we not just agree to disagree and let this old thing die? Smokers will smoke, jokers will joke. Some like pepsi and some like coke. Okay corny but I couldn't think of a better rhyme.

cddd
Black Friday Pro

Postby cddd » Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:27 am

Oh no, I thought this thread died! lol

john.daggett
Black Friday Pro

Postby john.daggett » Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:09 pm

This awesome guy rolled up in a Ford F-250 while I was inline at best buy and gave us cups and crown royal whisky. He was my hero i felt warmer just drinking it.

krazymop
Black Friday Pro

Postby krazymop » Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:39 pm

lol, remember this thread? Gotta keep the tradition alive by bumping this one :lol:

john.daggett
Black Friday Pro

Postby john.daggett » Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:42 pm

krazymop wrote:lol, remember this thread? Gotta keep the tradition alive by bumping this one :lol:

Oh lord here we go again. lol :lol:

inthedark
Black Friday Pro

Postby inthedark » Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:04 am

john.daggett wrote:
krazymop wrote:lol, remember this thread? Gotta keep the tradition alive by bumping this one :lol:

Oh lord here we go again. lol :lol:

ut oh :lol:

Vols44
Black Friday Pro

Postby Vols44 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:19 am

Back from the dead, this thread should have been resurrected on Halloween.

I like the idea of a battery operated fan (you've seen them at hot summer events) to push second hand smoke back in the originator's face. They can keep the stench, health problems and air pollution to themselves.

john.daggett
Black Friday Pro

Postby john.daggett » Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:24 am

Vols44 wrote:Back from the dead, this thread should have been resurrected on Halloween.

I like the idea of a battery operated fan (you've seen them at hot summer events) to push second hand smoke back in the originator's face. They can keep the stench, health problems and air pollution to themselves.

hahaha. Okay I'll be your test dummy! Would you prefer me to smoke menthol or traditional. Or we could even add a cigar to the mix

lwmjr
Evil, demented & twisted

Postby lwmjr » Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:24 am

I chew tobacco,
Just here to have fun, keep the bad guys out, and give the stray dogs a place to stay

mechimpaired
Black Friday Pro

Postby mechimpaired » Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:51 am

nope. nope. nope with a big bucket of nope.

This thread should have been put out to pasture circa 2012. I am starting to think you all like to argue. :roll:

Return to “Rants and Raves”