Don't smoke in line.

Praise or Complain about your prior Black Friday Experiences

Moderators: ikey2, hiker

coco76
Black Friday Pro

Postby coco76 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:22 am

mechimpaired wrote:No apology needed. :) I thought maybe my post could be taken a different way is all.

I'm in Texas, so I know how it goes. :wink:

Vols44
Black Friday Pro

Postby Vols44 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:21 am

This thread needs some Febreeze.

hays4cat
Black Friday Pro

Postby hays4cat » Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:00 am

g-man430 wrote:Southerners? Hey, wait a minute...

G-man, I live in Mississippi :lol:

<----------------
WARNING!!!!! I am trained in the art of combat shopping!

teknoge3k
Forum Moderator

Postby teknoge3k » Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:01 am

I'm in Vur-Geeeen-Yah! YEE HAW!
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

john.daggett
Black Friday Pro

Postby john.daggett » Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:52 am

I smoke in line, If I notice a pregnant person though I'll step out of line. I'll step out of line just as a courtesy if i feel someone will actually save my spot so i can step a few feet away so it doesn't blow in their face.

LostYoMind
Black Friday Pro

Postby LostYoMind » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:28 am

in MA it is illegal to smoke in line if you're up at the front. You must be 20 feet away from the opening of a business or public building if you want to smoke outside of it.

I don't smoke, and I'd prefer if people didn't smoke near me, but I don't make a scene of it.

teknoge3k
Forum Moderator

Postby teknoge3k » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:31 am

Last year Virginia passed a law that you could not smoke in restaurants (I think this is pretty much nationwide now), you're not allowed to smoke on the property of any medical facility (at least in the city I live), and you're not allowed to smoke within X' of any public door opening.
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

impaul4
Black Friday Pro

Postby impaul4 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:00 pm

stay home then :roll:

g-man430
Black Friday Pro

Postby g-man430 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:36 pm

impaul4 wrote:stay home then :roll:

Why not have the smokers who are in the minority stay home instead? :?
GREEN BAY PACKERS!!!!

doobie
Black Friday Pro

Postby doobie » Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:51 pm

Why don't we all just get along? As long as a smoker steps away and isnt blowing the smoke (or the wind) at you then no harm. EVERYONE does things that someone has a problem with. Have a little tolerance and knowledge that not evertone is the same, likes, dislikes the same things

Blondie22
Black Friday Pro

Postby Blondie22 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:16 pm

john.daggett wrote:I smoke in line, If I notice a pregnant person though I'll step out of line. I'll step out of line just as a courtesy if i feel someone will actually save my spot so i can step a few feet away so it doesn't blow in their face.

I'm only 15 weeks, and not showing yet. You would have no idea I was pregnant unless I told you. But I wouldn't be offended bc you wouldn't know. I guess this is where the whole "make friends while standing in line" comes in handy. I would never have a problem with someone stepping away to smoke. It's not that serious! Well, it is, but people need to just be nice, haha.

badchedda
Black Friday Pro

Postby badchedda » Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:31 pm

doobie wrote:Why don't we all just get along? As long as a smoker steps away and isnt blowing the smoke (or the wind) at you then no harm. EVERYONE does things that someone has a problem with. Have a little tolerance and knowledge that not evertone is the same, likes, dislikes the same things

I'll agree with this. So long as I can't smell it, i don't mind if you smoke. Unfortunately, if you're anywhere near me in line, I'll smell it. Even if you just reek of smoke after "stepping out of line" to have a cigarette.

Seriously, you can't go for 6 hours without a cigarette? Stop smoking and you'll have so much extra money that you can pay full retail, not have to wait in line on BF, and STILL have a ton o cash left over at the end of Christmas.

jamesgang97
Black Friday Pro

Postby jamesgang97 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:41 pm

If the smoker is nice enough to step away to smoke why do some of you feel the need to still complain about the smell. They are trying to be considerate by moving away in the first place, id take that over them blowing it in my face any day of the week. We all have bad habits some are just out for everyone to see and if your considerate enough to step away and smoke ill be more than happy to save your spot in line!!!!!!!

mechimpaired
Black Friday Pro

Postby mechimpaired » Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:46 pm

jamesgang97 wrote:If the smoker is nice enough to step away to smoke why do some of you feel the need to still complain about the smell. They are trying to be considerate by moving away in the first place, id take that over them blowing it in my face any day of the week. We all have bad habits some are just out for everyone to see and if your considerate enough to step away and smoke ill be more than happy to save your spot in line!!!!!!!

I second that.

Bats
Black Friday Amateur

Postby Bats » Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:50 pm

jamesgang97 wrote:If the smoker is nice enough to step away to smoke why do some of you feel the need to still complain about the smell. They are trying to be considerate by moving away in the first place, id take that over them blowing it in my face any day of the week. We all have bad habits some are just out for everyone to see and if your considerate enough to step away and smoke ill be more than happy to save your spot in line!!!!!!!

Because that's where the issue comes in - the non-smoker still having to breath it in! It's not that smoking smells bad as in month-old milk that's been sitting out. It's that it can be suffocating for some, hard to breath and/or just generally unpleasant. No one should have to breath in someone else's smoke if they don't want to. I don't get why smokers get offended at others who don't want to breathe in their smoke.

Return to “Rants and Raves”