Don't smoke in line.

Praise or Complain about your prior Black Friday Experiences

Moderators: Tony, Huy, cematra173, killasnake

badchedda
Black Friday Pro

Don't smoke in line.

Postby badchedda » Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:16 pm

It is rude. And i know this will fall on deaf ears because, if you smoke, you are already inconsiderate of others. But still, just don't smoke in line... mmmmmkay?

nippythedog
Black Friday Pro

Postby nippythedog » Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:43 pm

Bait much? If I want to smoke outside..I will. No law against it here. :roll:

robb01
Black Friday Pro

Postby robb01 » Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:54 pm

I don't mind it, as long as they aren't blowing smoke directly at me
On the Hunt for Great Deals!

coco76
Black Friday Pro

Re: Don't smoke in line.

Postby coco76 » Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:55 pm

badchedda wrote:It is rude. And i know this will fall on deaf ears because, if you smoke, you are already inconsiderate of others. But still, just don't smoke in line... mmmmmkay?

I'm pretty sure you would rather me smoke in line than deal with me not smoking in line. Just sayin'... Have you ever been around a smoker who hasn't smoked in a few hours? :twisted:

nippythedog
Black Friday Pro

Postby nippythedog » Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:11 am

robb01 wrote:I don't mind it, as long as they aren't blowing smoke directly at me

Thank you. I would NEVER blow my smoke at another person. I usually try to stand as far away as I can.

stepheng
Black Friday Pro

Postby stepheng » Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:05 am

Just don't line up next to a smoker...
"Do right." -Erk Russell

ANGWife
Black Friday Pro

Postby ANGWife » Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:00 am

I just hate when people who don't seem to care I'm pregnant and smoke directly next to me. I'd rather just save their place in line for them so they can back away some.

carmenslackey
Black Friday Pro

Postby carmenslackey » Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:34 am

If I'm in a line, I will tell those around me that I'm just walking a few feet away to have a smoke so they don't have to be around it. Some tell me to just stay put and that it doesn't bother them, others thank me for being considerate and have no problem saving my spot in line. That's when I'm alone.

If I'm with another person or 2 (or 3, etc.), we take turns walking away to have a cigarette.

I usually have no problem with just walking a few feet away. I know it's weird since I'm a smoker, but I don't like smoke right in my face either, and no one can control which way the wind blows it.

Poor_Guy
Black Friday Pro

Postby Poor_Guy » Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:35 am

I can see people not liking smoke. Maybe an ex smoker or someone that just hates the smell. But its not against the laws. Coming from a smoker myself I wont be blowing it in your face or if the wind is going a certain way I ll try. But this is suppose to be land of free.. No offense and I don't want to make this sound bad. But theres things about people that we don't like(you hating smokers) yet we have to deal with some annoying known smokers.. so what do we say to them? Tell them to shut up in line? No we go nice and let them have there time. People just don't think about all the different characters out there we got to deal with. Think if you were in line with a very loud annoying person that kept asking you time or talk about everything thats weird. Someone that would keep messing with you and drive you insane and curse you out. Or a normal calm smoker like myself?

Blondie22
Black Friday Pro

Postby Blondie22 » Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:40 am

ANGWife wrote:I just hate when people who don't seem to care I'm pregnant and smoke directly next to me. I'd rather just save their place in line for them so they can back away some.

Exactly. My husband is a smoker, and I never minded the smell until I got pregnant, now I can't STAND it! Besides, I don't want my baby breathing in the smoke bc someone is too inconsiderate to back away a few feet. Take the smoke break elsewhere, I will let you back in line!

Blondie22
Black Friday Pro

Postby Blondie22 » Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:49 am

Poor_Guy wrote:I can see people not liking smoke. Maybe an ex smoker or someone that just hates the smell. But its not against the laws. Coming from a smoker myself I wont be blowing it in your face or if the wind is going a certain way I ll try. But this is suppose to be land of free.. No offense and I don't want to make this sound bad. But theres things about people that we don't like(you hating smokers) yet we have to deal with some annoying known smokers.. so what do we say to them? Tell them to shut up in line? No we go nice and let them have there time. People just don't think about all the different characters out there we got to deal with. Think if you were in line with a very loud annoying person that kept asking you time or talk about everything thats weird. Someone that would keep messing with you and drive you insane and curse you out. Or a normal calm smoker like myself?

Yeah but I can block out and ignore someone who is annoying me. It's not like I can just hold my breath while you smoke, I'd pass out. It's not you that's annoying me, it's the smoke. There's nothing wrong with stepping out of line for 5 minutes to smoke. If someone has a problem with it, then they might deserve to have the smoke blown in their face anyway!

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Postby teknoge3k » Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:01 am

From someone who has battled cancer including lung cancer, I cannot breathe when smoke is anywhere near me. A lot of people have problems like this, such as asthma, pregnant women, children... Think of others. Smokers get a filter when they smoke their cigarette while the non-smokers don't get the filter.
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

doobie
Black Friday Pro

Postby doobie » Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:06 am

badchedda wrote:It is rude. And i know this will fall on deaf ears because, if you smoke, you are already inconsiderate of others. But still, just don't smoke in line... mmmmmkay?

If you smoke you are already inconsiderate? WOW talk about an inconsiderate statement. Im a smoker and like the others here I am extremely considerate and would always walk away. I dont smoke in doors *(even when premitted because i know it bothers non-smokers) I walk away from others, judge the wind, never litter my butts. Unfortunately I AM addicted. But to claim all smokers are inconsiderate is INCONSIDERATE of you and RUDE

Shopper X
Suspected Line Jumper

Postby Shopper X » Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:17 am

Most smokers I know are considerate. When they smoke, they try to do so away from other people.

I think that those "inconsiderate smokers" might simply be rude people-- who happen to smoke.

askwalt123
Black Friday Pro

Postby askwalt123 » Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:52 am

What makes me inconsiderate if I am a smoker already? Thats a pretty loaded statement. Not all smokers are out to ruin your lungs. I am a smoker, but consider myself a considerate smoker. I walk away from others, and never smoke in lines, but some non smokers are inconsiderate as well! I don't know how many times I have went to my OWN space to smoke, and then a non-smoker comes right next to me, and has the nerve to say something or give me dirty looks...........um, I was here first, there are plenty of other areas to stand so WHY please tell me WHY you would come to stand near me and then bulk about my smoking?

Return to “Rants and Raves”