GGRRR my black friday budget just took a hit :0(

Praise or Complain about your prior Black Friday Experiences

Moderators: hiker, ikey2

jovilover
Black Friday Pro

Postby jovilover » Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:15 am

Yea i called att and i can block the internet from their phones but that will mean no picture messages. I told them that is what is gonna happen if i see the bill that high again. We shall see what happens next month.....wish they had a family internet plan like they do for texting.

cddd
Black Friday Pro

Postby cddd » Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:39 am

I know how ya feel....I won't be going BF shopping at all for the first time in years :( We are going to have to wait until we get our tax return check and do something for the kids then.

Our business went under about 6 months ago and we lost all our clients....I was able to do a few odd jobs here and there (house cleaning, yard work) and my husband found 2 crappy jobs to help get us back on our feet a few months ago and it looked like we were going to be alright....but things started going down hill for us a couple of weeks ago and now my husband only has one of the crappy jobs and they cut his hours back. We're in the hole big time....it's got to get better soon, though, right???

gadzooksangel2383
Black Friday Pro

Postby gadzooksangel2383 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:51 pm

Add me to the list of mishaps. Hubby's transmission just went out......... UGH!

wolvesgod
Black Friday Pro

Postby wolvesgod » Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:16 pm

We were not going to have a lot of money but now we have none. I lost my job last week and today was worse. We had to put to sleep our cat. Its been a very long and sad day here. I have no shame in saying that I have been crying pretty bad. I will miss him so much. He never stopped being a kitten even though he was a huge big cat. He sat on the couch like a person and would complain if he did not like the channel we were watching. He liked cartoons. So did I.

cddd
Black Friday Pro

Postby cddd » Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:40 pm

wolvesgod wrote:We were not going to have a lot of money but now we have none. I lost my job last week and today was worse. We had to put to sleep our cat. Its been a very long and sad day here. I have no shame in saying that I have been crying pretty bad. I will miss him so much. He never stopped being a kitten even though he was a huge big cat. He sat on the couch like a person and would complain if he did not like the channel we were watching. He liked cartoons. So did I.

I'm so sorry! I understand how attached we can get to our pets. We have two dogs and they are like our children and if anything happened to them, we would be devastated!
I know what you're going through right now and I know the situation you're in makes you even more depressed. We lost our jobs too and will not be able to do much of anything...if anything at all for Christmas this year. I've been so emotional lately...trying to keep a positive outlook...but it's hard. I know there are people worse off than we are, though....and that helps keep things in perspective for me. I'll keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

mabrey
Black Friday Pro

Postby mabrey » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:07 am

So sorry to hear of everyone's hardships right now. I't's the worst time of year, when everyone wants to buy stuff for the ones we love. Remember it isn't always about how much we spend, but the thought. There are many, many things one can do without spending any money or very little. The company I work for just had to close one of their plants in another state. Really puts us on edge, not knowing how stable our plant is. Now I'm second guessing Christmas and what I will be buying.

queentween
Black Friday Pro

Postby queentween » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:36 am

I'm sorry. I love my cats too and will be heartbroken when they die.

Losing a job is awful and scary and heartbreaking.

Look up. Let Him carry you. Its too much for a person alone to do.

I wish you all the best.

BFPrincess
Black Friday Pro

Postby BFPrincess » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:57 am

Mine almost took a massive hit too. My prescription sunglasses broke last week. Took them to the store to get fixed but they couldn't fix them and wanted to sell me a new pair. I krazy glued them myself and they're good as new. (jerks, don't they know I have shopping to do).

BUT I do have to hand over about $200 for prescription pills this week, which kinda sucks!

You can block internet access. I had the company do i on my own cell phone since it was randomly connecting to the internet. I'd pull my phone out of my purse and it would be connected. so I had them block it.

barrett76
Black Friday Pro

Postby barrett76 » Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:40 am

Ok so here it is the night before Thanksgiving(or at least it was at the time) and we are driving down the highway to do some last minute pre-black friday shopping when I have a blow out. Not just any blow out. Apparently when the tire blew(all the way down to the rim to where there is hardly any tire left) it took the fuel pump thing with it. AAA changed the tire, we drove to Sears to get a new tire(s) and they noticed it. Immediately asked if we had full coverage. Called AAA again to tow us to the Ford dealership @ 5:45pm before Thanksgiving. So they can fix it but the parts aren't available until Monday even though the dealership is open on Friday. We are supposed to go back to school and work on Monday. We are 500 miles away at my parents. And to fix it will be just under our $500 deductible plus 4 new tires =$1200. Guess how much I had for Black Friday? Ok that plus a little more but still.

The good thing is we weren't injured. The kids weren't with us. My parents have an extra vehicle to loan us to go home. We are coming back anyway for early Christmas in 2 weeks. And we have the money to fix it.

Am I annoyed? Yes. But I am thankful it wasn't worse than what it was. Plus any other time we might not have had the money to fix it. We save every year for this time. I know what I'm thankful for this year.

nippythedog
Black Friday Pro

Postby nippythedog » Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:15 am

wolvesgod wrote:We were not going to have a lot of money but now we have none. I lost my job last week and today was worse. We had to put to sleep our cat. Its been a very long and sad day here. I have no shame in saying that I have been crying pretty bad. I will miss him so much. He never stopped being a kitten even though he was a huge big cat. He sat on the couch like a person and would complain if he did not like the channel we were watching. He liked cartoons. So did I.

I'm so sorry about the loss of your beloved cat. :cry: How old was he? My cat is 16....It breaks my heart to think she only has so much time left.

wenarsky5
Black Friday Amateur

Postby wenarsky5 » Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:38 am

Sorry to hear that so many are struggling. Our health insurance just jumped from $300 a month to $600 a month at my husband's job. He lost all his overtime this year and has been overdue for a review/raise since January. I also was diagnosed with breast cancer in June so those bills are just rolling in....and are already going to collections....from surgery and treatment. It seems like everyone's hit this year that we know. Just have to keep counting blessings every single day. My four kids know that Christmas is going to be "different" this year. I'm an avid garage sale shopper during the spring and summer and most of their Christmas stuff comes from there. Between the surgery and treatments, I just wasn't able to shop though, this summer. Fortunately I have some video games stashed from garage sales, got two of my kids decent pairs of roller blades for $3 at a yard sale in the fall, etc. Would have loved to jump on a new digital camera and a new desktop for Black Friday...but........ there will be other years. But DH and I aren't getting each other stuff and we can't buy for the rest of the family. Just thankful for each and every day after this year - every day is a gift! For those of you having a rough time, hang in there!

Return to “Rants and Raves”