Guess I can Sleep in on BF

Praise or Complain about your prior Black Friday Experiences

Moderators: hiker, ikey2

reygato
Black Friday Pro

Guess I can Sleep in on BF

Postby reygato » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:50 pm

First, A Big Thank You to all the work by the BF forum members and moderators in securing and publishing these ads. You have been a big help as always, I am appreciative.
I appreciate that you have shown me that so far, there is nothing worth getting up early to buy on Friday morning.
Could it be that I have everything I already wish to buy? Or could it be that these ads just suck, for lack of a better word?

Retailers are hurting. Business is NOT good. For some reason, there are not near as many good deals, yet people are talking on these forums about spending MORE than last year and prices and deals are far worse. Something is amiss here.

I predict a dismal Black Friday for retailers. But wait! I predicted better bargains and I missed that one.

Walmart....so the only good thing on there is the 32inch TV. About $90 cheaper than the one I got already. Different brand though. Oh and those computers Walmart is offering on Black Friday? Total Grabage. A waste of money.
Is that supposed to entice me into the store are 5 AM ?

And what about Big Lots? Big Lots was a definate 2nd or 3rd stop in years past. I'd call that one Big Dosappointemnt in stead of Big Lots (Or maybe BIG LOST?)
Still have not seen what BAM is doing.
As for me, looks like I may be SLEEPING IN! Thanks everyone

nikol0304
Black Friday Pro

Postby nikol0304 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:47 pm

Well boo-freakin-hoo. Sleep in! One less person in my line.

I'm not saying there are an immense amount of stellar deals out there, but definitely quite a few! We all know the economy sucks, deals aren't as good as previous year's...but at this point...aren't there enough of these boohoo threads already? If you don't like the deals, that's fine, but is it really necessary to describe some of these things as "garbage" when that's all some people can afford to keep up with the times? My mom has no extra money, and this year...I just happen to. She's got a laptop that's about to take a crap, so I'm buying the $198 piece of garbage for her since to HER it will be an upgrade.

It's not about me being offended, personally. But some people may feel that way. I am just tired of people messin' with my good BF vibes! I feel like I've said this a million times. Even if all I wanted were $4 pajamas...I'd still be out there for the thrill. It's a tradition for some of us.

raymacfla
Black Friday Pro

Postby raymacfla » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:51 pm

nikol0304 wrote:Well boo-freakin-hoo. Sleep in! One less person in my line.

I'm not saying there are an immense amount of stellar deals out there, but definitely quite a few! We all know the economy sucks, deals aren't as good as previous year's...but at this point...aren't there enough of these boohoo threads already? If you don't like the deals, that's fine, but is it really necessary to describe some of these things as "garbage" when that's all some people can afford to keep up with the times? My mom has no extra money, and this year...I just happen to. She's got a laptop that's about to take a crap, so I'm buying the $198 piece of garbage for her since to HER it will be an upgrade.

It's not about me being offended, personally. But some people may feel that way. I am just tired of people messin' with my good BF vibes! I feel like I've said this a million times. Even if all I wanted were $4 pajamas...I'd still be out there for the thrill. It's a tradition for some of us.

I agree!

shanyo76
Black Friday Pro

Postby shanyo76 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:51 pm

Worth repeating! :D I agree 100%. I'm actually not going for the stellar deals. I'm going because it's FUN and I look forward to it every year.

coco76
Black Friday Pro

Postby coco76 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:57 pm

Amen, amen, amen!!!

carmenslackey
Black Friday Pro

Postby carmenslackey » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:57 pm

reygato wrote:Oh and those computers Walmart is offering on Black Friday? Total Grabage. A waste of money.

Really? That's funny to me since I bought the $298 HP laptop there last year and am currently using it to type up this post. I also use it for both my jobs (computerized graphic design and DJ'ing) and I've never had one single solitary issue with it. However, my friend bought an expensive, supposedly top-of-the-line laptop that cost her over $1400, and she's had it in for repair at least 4 times this year due to equipment malfunctions. Seems to me that my "waste of money, piece of garbage" works a lot better than her "$1400+ top-of-the-line"....

I understand you are entitled to your opinion and this IS the ranting thread, so, so be it. However, I'm also entitled to my own opinion, and would hate for anyone to either steer clear or buy based on one or two people's opinions. And considering I saw not one but two different laptops in their ad that are made by HP, who is actually a major brand, I thought I should voice my opinion against these laptops being garbage. Besides, buying a computer is all about how the consumer will be using it. If they're using it just for web surfing, email, social networking, etc. (as many of the population do) any of those models would be fine. For a gamer or someone who needs a ton of RAM and HD space, maybe not so much (although both added RAM and HD space can be easily remedied).

Oh... and props to nikol0304! Couldn't agree with you more!! :)

sweetdiggity
Black Friday Pro

Postby sweetdiggity » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:13 am

I might start a rant about all the rants going on!...lol

And I agree with the tradition thing. I'm going to Walmart at opening to check out their cheap video games and movies. I don't really need much, but it's fun being a part of the rush. :D

If nothing in these ads seems any good to you, maybe Amazon will have something. They're awesome and I'll be keeping my eyes on them next week.

mechimpaired
Black Friday Pro

Postby mechimpaired » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:42 am

I will agree the ads are not the greatest this year but like I keep stressing everyone needs or wants different things. I am sure these prices/items will be awesome for some and lackluster for some. There are people who don't have HDTVs or laptops or need newer ones with this economy those prices ARE good deals IF that is what you need.

I also shop because it is fun! Starting at 10 so no sleep for me and DH on this BF well not until the afternoon!

ElectronicsGuy
Black Friday Amateur

Re: Guess I can Sleep in on BF

Postby ElectronicsGuy » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:56 am

reygato wrote:First, A Big Thank You to all the work by the BF forum members and moderators in securing and publishing these ads. You have been a big help as always, I am appreciative.
I appreciate that you have shown me that so far, there is nothing worth getting up early to buy on Friday morning.
Could it be that I have everything I already wish to buy? Or could it be that these ads just suck, for lack of a better word?

Retailers are hurting. Business is NOT good. For some reason, there are not near as many good deals, yet people are talking on these forums about spending MORE than last year and prices and deals are far worse. Something is amiss here.

I predict a dismal Black Friday for retailers. But wait! I predicted better bargains and I missed that one.

Walmart....so the only good thing on there is the 32inch TV. About $90 cheaper than the one I got already. Different brand though. Oh and those computers Walmart is offering on Black Friday? Total Grabage. A waste of money.

And what about Big Lots? Big Lots was a definate 2nd or 3rd stop in years past. I'd call that one Big Dosappointemnt in stead of Big Lots (Or maybe BIG LOST?)

Want some cheese with that whine?

kelly2
Black Friday Pro

Postby kelly2 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:55 am

ElectronicsGuy wrote:
reygato wrote:First, A Big Thank You to all the work by the BF forum members and moderators in securing and publishing these ads. You have been a big help as always, I am appreciative.

Want some cheese with that whine?

LOL!!!!! It is tradition and so much fun so I will be thnere standing in line freezing to get whatever bargains I think I need but do not really :) Always sucha blast in our area with others in line :)

JrdnJstn
Black Friday Pro

Postby JrdnJstn » Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:17 am

Ummmm yeah....not everyone is looking for electronics.

If you go to last years posts you will see the same thing "this year's Black friday sucks" and someone will say it next year and the year after.

So I guess the good thing for you to do is save your money for next year since you will be sleeping in
The biggest lie I tell myself is... "I don’t need to write that down, I’ll remember it."

teknoge3k
Forum Moderator

Postby teknoge3k » Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:28 am

I am very disappointed in the ads this year myself. However, I'll still be out there spending tons of money, fighting the crowds, because it's a tradition for me. There's nothing that I really need in the ads because I indulge myself all year but I couldn't miss Black Friday for nothing. I'll find something to buy, somewhere.
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

twinwtwins
Black Friday Amateur

Postby twinwtwins » Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:11 am

:lol: It is all about the Adventure, people! for me at least, the items I know I am buying are at a price point that does not allow much leeway (I-Pod/X-Box) what I am after are the bonus gift cards, bundles, etc. that are only available on BF. Also going for the $3 toaster BECAUSE it is $3!! (actually, I plan on grabbing 5, but who's counting....)

One less in line at Target, AMEN!

g-man430
Black Friday Pro

Postby g-man430 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:15 am

Bah humbug. ;)
GREEN BAY PACKERS!!!!

g-man430
Black Friday Pro

Postby g-man430 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:17 am

teknoge3k wrote:I am very disappointed in the ads this year myself. However, I'll still be out there spending tons of money, fighting the crowds, because it's a tradition for me. There's nothing that I really need in the ads because I indulge myself all year but I couldn't miss Black Friday for nothing. I'll find something to buy, somewhere.

They can only lower prices so much before they can't lower them anymore due to production costs, paying employees, etc. If they lowered them anymore the products would be free practically.
GREEN BAY PACKERS!!!!

Return to “Rants and Raves”