Amazon is OFF MY LIST after I read this!!!!!!!!!!!! disgust

Praise or Complain about your prior Black Friday Experiences

Moderators: hiker, ikey2

askwalt123
Black Friday Pro

Postby askwalt123 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:28 am

Wolves:

I don't think any part of this thread merits name calling or being rude to each other. (Both of what you have done) I stepped out of the thread because I refuse to take part in childish behavior like name calling. We are all adults, and insulting each other is not needed.

What the other poster was trying to say (And her point was correct) is that no matter how evil relgion has and can be it is NOT illegal at this time. Even in your own post you admit that it used to be illegal, but is NOT anymore. What this book is about IS ILLEGAL right now.

Yes we all admit that there are other books out there that people are offended over, if you want to open a thread or discuss them great, maybe others will agree with you and something will be done if that is what you want. But we are discussing (Or debating) the book that this thread was started on.

Now if you feel the need to insult me, or be rude that is fine I will simply just choose to NOT respond, but I hope that as a fellow adult you will understand that we do not all share the same opinions and there is no reason to be nasty because of it.

raymacfla
Black Friday Pro

Postby raymacfla » Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:45 pm

kimg
Black Friday Pro

Postby kimg » Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:55 pm

Thank you Walt! I meant it when I said I was done with that debate - I chose not to read any further reply from him/her (conveniently Walt's message is the 1st on pg 3 so I didn't have to be tempted to read it by clicking on the previous page). I suspected he/she would get more aggressive w/ me since he/she obviously thinks he/she is SO superior in his/her thinking. He can buy stock in Amazon if he chooses, but I choose not to shop there again. That is my right and choice. I suspect there are others who may do the same. For those who feel differently, that is 100% their choice as well.

I am guessing by Walt's reply that something not so nice was said back to me. That's fine. I don't come here to be called names if that was done (I am no longer in high school, or college for that matter :) ). I come here to plan my once-a-year favorite shopping trip. I chose to reply to OP's more serious thread because I agreed with it. Otherwise, my time here is all in fun. To stoop to arguing on a BF site is ridiculous to me. I work with abused kids every day so I don't need anyone trying to push my buttons on my off time. I made my point.

I just wanted to thank you again Walt. You are "good people" in my book. :wink:

angel_of_oz
Black Friday Pro

Postby angel_of_oz » Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:00 pm

raymacfla wrote:And now for some humor.......

http://www.hulu.com/watch/18883/saturda ... coutmaster

Alec Baldwin is by far my favorite host....I love when he is on there!

impaul4
Black Friday Pro

Postby impaul4 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:55 pm

Spelling owns everyone in this thread. Seriously spell check, if not available then Google the F'ing word.

And last I checked. Amazon doesn't go hunting to filter out what gets sold or who sells what. They were not "defending" the guy, they were covering their own asses. They could have been possibly sued by the guy for not carrying his book, since his book was not illegal. Offensive, sure, who cares, everyone is "offended" these days. With the availability of the internet and the capability of the "word" being spread across the world, it seems everyone is getting "outraged" at the stupidest shit, just for their 15 minutes of fame on the web. I'm not defending this book nor do I care about the situation, its just another excuse for overbearing mothers to cause a commotion for no freaking reason.

Go ahead and shut down your Amazon account, yeah that will show them, you got them good. And return the TV you bought, you really showed them. When in reality your screwing the company you bought it from. The TV isn't from Amazon, its a company selling on Amazon. Amazon already made money because the business pays Amazon to sell products, so the TV you bought, whether it gets returned or not, Amazon already has profit from it.

So go back to your Wal- Mart that buys cheap Chinese made products from 9 year olds in sweat shops. Or go back to Target, who pays billions in campaigns for political parties. Or how about your local good ol american tire company who pissed and moaned and put a higher tariff on imported tires because they sell over priced pieces of crap and when imported tires went up in price so did american made tires, but just barely to under the cost of import tires. Read about it all you want or go to school, business is business.

People need to just let things go. Congrats you pissed and moaned about the book, it got pulled, big whoop, feel proud? Did you do this world justice? Thats done, now what?

__brat__
Black Friday Pro

Postby __brat__ » Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:02 am

A few things.... I am in now way defending the right to sell this book I think that the fault lies with the publishing house that actually printed the offensive book in the first place as they knew what the content was. But this is america and we have the freedom of speech no matter if we find it offensive and do not agree with it we are aloud to say it,print it, and attempt to sell it.

As for the religious views America was founded on the dream of religious freedom to be free from persecution from the various countries that the immigrants came from being jews,moslems,christians,agnostics to dream of a place we can live in peace and free to worship how we wish without persecution that is the founding of this country I may not agree with most religious views BUT they have the freedom to worship how they choose and its not illegal to do so in this country. Yes every religion has its fanatics I have came across several that does not mean I have to listen to them.

Child abuse is a very hush hush problem growing not just in america but many other countries and the penalties for such injustice needs to be steeper and serious jail time for the un-human jackals that commit such heinous crimes to destroy a child like that there is no words to describe a child that is abused no matter how physical,verbal, mental, sexual will stay with that child into adulthood and will affect how they view the world, will shape and mold how they approach relationships and how they communicate with others for the rest of their life regardless if they recieved any kind of counseling or not.

Onl

wolvesgod
Black Friday Pro

Postby wolvesgod » Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:54 am

askwalt123 wrote:Wolves:

I don't think any part of this thread merits name calling or being rude to each other. (Both of what you have done) I stepped out of the thread because I refuse to take part in childish behavior like name calling. We are all adults, and insulting each other is not needed.

What the other poster was trying to say (And her point was correct) is that no matter how evil relgion has and can be it is NOT illegal at this time. Even in your own post you admit that it used to be illegal, but is NOT anymore. What this book is about IS ILLEGAL right now.

Yes we all admit that there are other books out there that people are offended over, if you want to open a thread or discuss them great, maybe others will agree with you and something will be done if that is what you want. But we are discussing (Or debating) the book that this thread was started on.

Now if you feel the need to insult me, or be rude that is fine I will simply just choose to NOT respond, but I hope that as a fellow adult you will understand that we do not all share the same opinions and there is no reason to be nasty because of it.

Ummmm okkk?? Sorry but I do not think I "name called" in any way. I said what I thought on a discussion forum. No swearing no name calling. Sorry that questioning someones knowledge on a subject might hurt a feeling. Guess that's what happens in a everybody is a winner so no one is PC world. I said religion was illegal and that most still are. I never said that is is legal across the board. What this book is about is also illegal but not across the board, not even here in America. I like the fact that I stated my opinion but you did not like it so I am of course rude and insulting. I am well aware that we all have different opinions, I am not so sure that others are aware of it. Multiple times he screamed about how you can not relate the two subjects even after it was explained multiple times. That is not a adult discussion. When someone is sticking the head in the sand saying "I don't hear you lalalala" they are not an adult having an adult discussion.

I would just like to add that again, yes most of what the bible says is in fact illegal. Again this fact will be dismissed because the "adults" have said it doesn't count. That is not how a debate or an opinion work. What is funny to me is that I ran with the Bible because othes mentioned it and it is a valid point, though I do honestly think there are on par with the book discussed here. Even worse ones.

kimg wrote:Thank you Walt! I meant it when I said I was done with that debate - I chose not to read any further reply from him/her (conveniently Walt's message is the 1st on pg 3 so I didn't have to be tempted to read it by clicking on the previous page). I suspected he/she would get more aggressive w/ me since he/she obviously thinks he/she is SO superior in his/her thinking. He can buy stock in Amazon if he chooses, but I choose not to shop there again. That is my right and choice. I suspect there are others who may do the same. For those who feel differently, that is 100% their choice as well.

I am guessing by Walt's reply that something not so nice was said back to me. That's fine. I don't come here to be called names if that was done (I am no longer in high school, or college for that matter :) ). I come here to plan my once-a-year favorite shopping trip. I chose to reply to OP's more serious thread because I agreed with it. Otherwise, my time here is all in fun. To stoop to arguing on a BF site is ridiculous to me. I work with abused kids every day so I don't need anyone trying to push my buttons on my off time. I made my point.

I just wanted to thank you again Walt. You are "good people" in my book. :wink:

I'm acting superior? There was no debate. You screamed "WRONG" at everything you did not agree with. Not so much a debate. You asked how the two can even be compared than had a tantrum over getting a response. Nobody I can see has said you do not have the right to shop at amazon. I am not even sure how this came into what I was speaking of with you. I guess it doesn't matter since you will not read my/mine response.

impaul4 wrote:
So go back to your Wal- Mart that buys cheap Chinese made products from 9 year olds in sweat shops. Or go back to Target, who pays billions in campaigns for political parties. Or how about your local good ol american tire company who pissed and moaned and put a higher tariff on imported tires because they sell over priced pieces of crap and when imported tires went up in price so did american made tires, but just barely to under the cost of import tires. Read about it all you want or go to school, business is business.

People need to just let things go. Congrats you pissed and moaned about the book, it got pulled, big whoop, feel proud? Did you do this world justice? Thats done, now what?

I could not agree with you more.

__brat__ wrote: Sane thoughts

The internet is no place for sane rational thought. This is the internet, this is serious business. It is also for pictures of cats. Mainly cats.

askwalt123
Black Friday Pro

Postby askwalt123 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:46 am

The internet is no place for sane rational thought. This is the internet, this is serious business. It is also for pictures of cats. Mainly cats.

So very very true :lol:

We all feel differently about this subject so what I suggest is we just let it go. We all feel we have valid points, and no one is going to change our minds on the subject so debating it was a waste of time. On a off note I agree, some things in the bible are a total mess, and yes Walmart sucks as well as Target, and just about every other big corporation out there. I guess at the end of the day its where you draw the line.....I drew my line. While I doubt it will effect Amazon in even the smallest way, it does make me feel better (And no I am not a overbearing mother) I am a father who loves his kids and will try to protect them from the sick folks I must share air with.

And I also do not think its a overbearing mother who wants to protect her child's life its a parents job to do so. On a side note, sorry if my spelling is not up to your standards, I just LOVE how people jump onto threads and trip out over spelling. OMG he/she misspelled words!! Well I am sorry I do not have a collage education and am not as edumacated (Spelled wrong on purpose) as you are. I wonder how many people who complain about a persons spelling also use spellcheck? Kind of hypocritical huh? (I don't have spellcheck, and since I am not a big computer whiz, I can not figure out how to get it on my browser so bear with my ignorance please)

VerbalI11-23
Black Friday Pro

Postby VerbalI11-23 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:36 am

Its something everyone will hate but they can sell all they want or stop selling, I don't think it can create pedophiles or make the existing pedos any worst (they are already scum of the world). Its not like a drug or something so no they can sell all they want but anyone in their right minds would not buy it. Besides you would expect most pedophiles to "hide in the closet" anyways. No reason to not buy anything from amazon. I mean those pedophiles can later say stuff like oh the book inspired them, it still won't matter as they will still be arrested, really doesn't make any difference to anything.

teknoge3k
Forum Moderator

Postby teknoge3k » Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:13 am

POPCORN, POPCORN, GET YOUR POPCORN!!!
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

askwalt123
Black Friday Pro

Postby askwalt123 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:20 am

teknoge3k wrote:POPCORN, POPCORN, GET YOUR POPCORN!!!

:lol:

Well thanks for the debate, argument or what ever this was...........but I have better things to do with my time. (Like try to find BF ads, I mean really thats what we are all here for) Hope I did not offend or hurt any feelings as that was NOT my intention and I wish you all the best.

impaul4
Black Friday Pro

Postby impaul4 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:31 am

There is an issue worth tackling rather than a stupid book. The education and development of human capital for this country.

impaul4
Black Friday Pro

Postby impaul4 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:16 am

fail troll is fail. who announces they are a troll or trolling? :roll:

queentween
Black Friday Pro

Postby queentween » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:33 am

Sooooooooooooooo......
Anybody know cool Hello Kitty stuff on BF? Looking for Claires ad and Bath and Body works? Can we all calm down, and get to shopping?

Return to “Rants and Raves”