Amazon is OFF MY LIST after I read this!!!!!!!!!!!! disgust

Praise or Complain about your prior Black Friday Experiences

Moderators: hiker, ikey2

User avatar
franjesca
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 109
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2007 7:45 am

Amazon is OFF MY LIST after I read this!!!!!!!!!!!! disgust

Postby franjesca » Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:59 am

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/40112145/ ... s/39965931
Some sicko actually got the ok to sell this book!!!!!!!!! I dont give a da*n what the prices are I will officially delete my account from Amazon immediately! :evil:

pandagirl
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 947
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:51 am

Re: Amazon is OFF MY LIST after I read this!!!!!!!!!!!! dis

Postby pandagirl » Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:00 am

franjesca wrote:http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/40112145/ns/technology_and_science-tech_and_gadgets/39965931
Some sicko actually got the ok to sell this book!!!!!!!!! I dont give a da*n what the prices are I will officially delete my account from Amazon immediately! :evil:

I'm pretty sure they pulled the book now.
Wait, I'm assuming you're talking about a certain book that has to do with really illegal activity.

User avatar
franjesca
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 109
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2007 7:45 am

Postby franjesca » Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:04 am

Yes the pedophiles guide...... makes me sickto even type it. I just tried to go to it to post my opinion and it said the page was no longer active so they must have gotten smart and pulled it

User avatar
nippythedog
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 880
Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:24 pm
Location: Wisconsin

Postby nippythedog » Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:08 am

franjesca wrote:Yes the pedophiles guide...... makes me sickto even type it. I just tried to go to it to post my opinion and it said the page was no longer active so they must have gotten smart and pulled it



That's sick.

Nicm15
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 87
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:28 pm

Postby Nicm15 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:11 am

nippythedog wrote:
franjesca wrote:Yes the pedophiles guide...... makes me sickto even type it. I just tried to go to it to post my opinion and it said the page was no longer active so they must have gotten smart and pulled it



That's sick.


Yes it is! I'm glad they pulled it. There's some sick people out there man!

User avatar
sweetdiggity
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 523
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:38 pm
Location: counting down the days to Black Friday!!
Contact:

Postby sweetdiggity » Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:01 am

Glad they pulled it because last I heard (on the news last night) is that they were not intending on doing do and actually kind of defended it!

User avatar
kimg
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 168
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:00 am
Location: Houston

Postby kimg » Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:27 am

I just bought a TV from them and sent them an email this morning asking for a response on this so I can decide whether to return it. If they continue to defend it I will return this TV like a hot potato. Hope they are getting the message. I keep hearing free speech - the sicko can write or say whatever he wants - that's free speech. No one HAS to sell it for him - that's just crazy - come on! So if he brought his book to my garage sale I have to sell it for him or it's a violation of free speech? I think not. That's the argument and it's totally ridiculous.

I'm still waiting to hear back from Amazon. I also just opened an Amazon account and planned on shopping more from them this season. If they don't reject this practice I won't spend another dime w/ them.

Child abuse is a big issue for me for many reasons.

User avatar
PokeMeg
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 602
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:23 pm
Location: Smellinois.

Postby PokeMeg » Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:51 am

Pulled from the article:

"Amazon does not support or promote hatred or criminal acts, however, we do support the right of every individual to make their own purchasing decisions."

As a private company, Amazon has the right to sell whatever it wants as long as it's legal, and as such, offers books that cater to Holocaust deniers and other hate groups, as well as graphic dog fighting and cock fighting videos. Adult (legal) pornography, while available in book and magazine form, is not permitted in the Kindle e-reader store.

An Amazon employee emphasized that "Understanding Loved Boys and Boylovers" was "not a 'how-to' manual for molesting children. The author simply expresses his point of view about what he feels are misunderstood."


It's a horrible book, and subject, yes. But something I would boycott Amazon over? Nah. They sell plenty of books on subjects I don't morally approve of.

I hope this doesn't make me seem heartless...I don't approve of the book. I just wouldn't boycott over it.
"Every flight begins with a fall", the crow said. "Look down."

User avatar
Vols44
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 1341
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:14 pm

Postby Vols44 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:16 pm

I wonder if they support NAMBLA to. This stuff is wrong as rain.

rcav8r
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 35
Joined: Sun Nov 26, 2006 1:26 pm

Postby rcav8r » Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:07 pm

As a matter of fact, one article I read on this pointed out that in 2007 (I think), they had a book about "boys and boy lovers". It was supposedly how those sickos could get around doing this with the boys "consent" or something.

So yah, they kinda support or supported NAMBLA

ajbf
Black Friday Amateur
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:51 am

Postby ajbf » Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:32 am

PokeMeg wrote:Pulled from the article:

"Amazon does not support or promote hatred or criminal acts, however, we do support the right of every individual to make their own purchasing decisions."

As a private company, Amazon has the right to sell whatever it wants as long as it's legal, and as such, offers books that cater to Holocaust deniers and other hate groups, as well as graphic dog fighting and cock fighting videos. Adult (legal) pornography, while available in book and magazine form, is not permitted in the Kindle e-reader store.

An Amazon employee emphasized that "Understanding Loved Boys and Boylovers" was "not a 'how-to' manual for molesting children. The author simply expresses his point of view about what he feels are misunderstood."

It's a horrible book, and subject, yes. But something I would boycott Amazon over? Nah. They sell plenty of books on subjects I don't morally approve of.

I hope this doesn't make me seem heartless...I don't approve of the book. I just wouldn't boycott over it.


Pokemeg, I agree with you. I even made a few purchases from Amazon on yesterday with all the controversy going on.

User avatar
askwalt123
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 54
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:40 pm
Location: WV

Postby askwalt123 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:35 am

Wither they change their stance or not my wife nor I will ever support Amazon again. They made a choice to support this and defend it, and only removed it due to the backlash........which tells me they still support it, but had to do what the customer wanted. I nor my family will spend a dime at amazon regardless of their prices.

Sometimes you have to stand up for what is right, even if its hard. Children are being hurt everyday in this country and until people start demanding that sick people such as this be properly punished for their actions it will continue!

keeleon
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 115
Joined: Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:24 pm

Postby keeleon » Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:02 am

Man, and they probably have books on like science and religion and other topics that people of various groups find offensive! All just to make a profit? What are they, some kind of business??

User avatar
askwalt123
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 54
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:40 pm
Location: WV

Postby askwalt123 » Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:01 am

keeleon wrote:Man, and they probably have books on like science and religion and other topics that people of various groups find offensive! All just to make a profit? What are they, some kind of business??


There is a diffrence between offensive and illegal. I don't care about his freedom of speach, nor amazons freedom to sale what they want. When what they speak of, or sale may encourage someone to harm a child those rights are void IMO. We are talking about our children, if men want to love each other that is fine, I have no issues with that. In fact I am saddened by the behavior of some people when it comes to the way they look at man love. But boy love is sick, and these men need to be strung up by their gentials!

keeleon
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 115
Joined: Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:24 pm

Postby keeleon » Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:20 am

Wither they change their stance or not my wife nor I will ever support Amazon again. They made a choice to support this and defend it, and only removed it due to the backlash........which tells me they still support it, but had to do what the customer wanted.


And what if someone boycotted a company for selling cookbooks because they were vegan. I find it kind of narrow minded to have nothing to do with a company who believes in the right to free speech even though it might offend someone. EVERYTHING offends SOMEONE. Maybe Amazon shouldn't carry Harry Potter because so many Christians have a problem with it? Sure, YOU may think Harry Potter never hurt an innocent child, but I'm sure you could find someone who has the opinion that anyone who reads it is going to hell. Are they crazy? Crazier than you for having an opinion? BTW, not deriding you for taking a stand. I just don't think you should look down on others for not agreeing with you like you are somehow more morale than them.


askwalt123 wrote:There is a diffrence between offensive and illegal. I don't care about his freedom of speach, nor amazons freedom to sale what they want. When what they speak of, or sale may encourage someone to harm a child those rights are void IMO. We are talking about our children, if men want to love each other that is fine, I have no issues with that. In fact I am saddened by the behavior of some people when it comes to the way they look at man love. But boy love is sick, and these men need to be strung up by their gentials!


Not really disagreeing, but I'm sure Amazon sells chemistry books which have detailed instructions on how to build bombs and how to make drugs. Information is just information until someone uses it to do something to hurt someone or something else. I can see boycotting the author of this specific book, but Amazon is just a company and not responsible for the content of anything they sell, nor are they responsible for the actions of the misguided few who use that information unwisely. I mean, I had no particular use for that book, so it doesn't really bother me that they no longer carried it, but don't you think a book like that would be a valuable resource for the people whose job it is to capture and rehabilitate the bad ones? There's more than one use for information besides the "obvious"...


Return to “Rants and Raves”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest