Once again Wal-Mart can not get it's act together

Praise or Complain about your prior Black Friday Experiences

Moderators: hiker, ikey2

suseblues
Black Friday Newbie

itunes cards

Postby suseblues » Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:25 pm

I was at WalMart just after 8 am and there were about ten people standing around in electronics, most of them with TVs in their carts. One person was trying to buy the iTunes cards and like others have said the sale would not work for the advertised price. I waited while they attempted to resolve the issue by having people buy 2 25 dollar cards (which also did not work). The store manager came over and I asked if it would be possible to hold 2 50 dollar cards for me since I had to be in a class at 9, which he agreed to do. I left and when I came back this afternoon there were no issues getting my cards and in fact they had quite a few left.

peachysquirt21
Black Friday Pro

Postby peachysquirt21 » Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:38 pm

From what I read elsewhere, corporate didn't set the timer properly for this. They was suppose to set it for 8am eastern time but instead set it for 8am central time.

nikol0304
Black Friday Pro

Postby nikol0304 » Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:43 pm

peachysquirt21 wrote:From what I read elsewhere, corporate didn't set the timer properly for this. They was suppose to set it for 8am eastern time but instead set it for 8am central time.

lololol....freakin' Walmart. Never fails.

queentween
Black Friday Pro

Postby queentween » Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:37 am

DARNIT! Being the early bird shorts me out again! Glad you got the cards...am hoping they will make another offer...

MikesTooLz
Black Friday Pro

Postby MikesTooLz » Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:27 am

caroleena wrote:my son is a cashier @ wm. every year i ask him has he heard anything about the BF items and he mumbles that they don't tell them anything. i thought maybe the boy was dense but maybe none of them know whats going on. that would explain a LOT

The stores normally don't know anything until the week of black friday.
(¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-> Follow me on Twitter <-.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯)
(¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-> βĹĂČĶ ŦŔĨĎĂŶ<-.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯)

JrdnJstn
Black Friday Pro

Postby JrdnJstn » Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:15 pm

Stores are supposed to check the prices on special sales and BF products before they are available so this doesn't happen....obviously WalMart doesn't do this but yet people keep shopping there?
The biggest lie I tell myself is... "I don’t need to write that down, I’ll remember it."

fdimarco
Black Friday Amateur

Walmart Sale this past weekend

Postby fdimarco » Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:49 pm

I went to my local Walmart to get the Itunes card and had no problems but I went Saturday night at 7:00. There were plenty of tv's still in the store. My dad went to his local Walmart on Sunday and they said they would still offer the price on 55" Vizio $898.

impaul4
Black Friday Pro

Postby impaul4 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:34 am

I rang up a lot if Itunes gift cards today for $35. The problem I saw were some said "already activated", which wasn't a wal mart problem but rather an Itunes problem.

SammieGA
Black Friday Amateur

Postby SammieGA » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:42 pm

We also had problems at WM with the Itunes Cards. We got there about 9:30 and they still had the whole stack because they couldn't get them to ring up for $35. We did some other shopping and hanging out in electronics and they finall got them working. My husband bought 2 and the cashier told him to feel free to come back and get more so we ended up with 4 cards. However, I had an ad at home that was supposed to be good 10/31-11/6 that had an Ipod Touch listed for $225 with a $25 WM card. No one in the store seemed to have any clue what I was talking about. I didn't have the ad with me so there wasn't much I could do. The ad was just their regular weekly ad for last week. I normally avoid WM like crazy unless some really good deal comes along.

dabeyer
Black Friday Newbie

Postby dabeyer » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:33 am

My issue was the 26" Visio. My store only had 3! And wouldn't you know, they ran out before I could get one. They kept them behind the counter and you had to ask for what you wanted when it was your turn at the register. :( so much for getting up early on a Saturday when I could have slept in!

kisskrazed
Black Friday Newbie

Postby kisskrazed » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:06 am

Yeah our WM had only 4 of the LED 26". Sold out before I got to the front, luckily We were there getting a laptop. :-) But those behind me were steamed & asking for a manager. The manager would not tell the customer his last name for him to call corporate.

BFPrincess
Black Friday Pro

Postby BFPrincess » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:37 am

I loved WM this weekend...I got bags of Halloween candy (mosty Nerds) for 25 cents! :D

dabeyer
Black Friday Newbie

Postby dabeyer » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:42 am

BFPrincess wrote:I loved WM this weekend...I got bags of Halloween candy (mosty Nerds) for 25 cents! :D

LOL! I did get some good deals on halloween mark downs too! Everything was 75% off, candy was 50%.

Vols44
Black Friday Pro

For Your Reading Pleasure

Postby Vols44 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:10 am

I don't frequent Facebook, but I did come across a must share while browsing their deals of the day.

I quote, "Your employee at the walmart super center in gladestone missouri, needs an anger check. First i called to see if a movie was on stock and he copt an attitude grunting and so forth and his tone of voice. then less then an hour later i came in with coupons and once again he copt an attitude because he had to walk to the register bend over pick up the blu ray movies which were not stocked on the shelves for people to see and hidden under the counter, and mumbling " UGH REALLY " because he had to swipe a coupon " seriously makes me not want to deal with walmart with people like that working. everyone else was great and very polite!! he is the grinch of your electronics".

Anger check and grinch of Christmas overshadow the spelling errors and grammatical mistakes by a mile. LMAO.

Return to “Rants and Raves”