Once again Wal-Mart can not get it's act together

Praise or Complain about your prior Black Friday Experiences

Moderators: hiker, ikey2

Rob0391
Black Friday Newbie

Once again Wal-Mart can not get it's act together

Postby Rob0391 » Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:45 am

I got to Wal-mart this morning about 810am and there was about 20 people standing around waiting waiting for I tune gift cards. The problem was the computer would not let them sell a $50 card for $35 dollars. The register would cancel the sale when they tried to authorize the gift card. We all stood there while they tried different ways to trick the system and complete the system. Meanwhile the mansger was making phone calls trying to resolve the issue. The manager told us that he talked to the corporate office and this problem was happening throughout the country. I asked the manager to help me understand how Wal-mart has been advertising this sale all week but they wait until the day of the sale to realize there is a problem. He said " I don't know". I overheard some customers that werre there before me complaining to the manager becasue they wanted the 26" Vizio TV and they store had zero for sale. The manager said they did not get a shipment of the 26" inch tv's. They had several 32" but After an hour of standing around the electronics department I left.
They just cant get their act together. There is always some kind of problem either with these weeekend pre black friday sales or the real black friday. I for one will not go to wal-mart on Black Friday. What good is are gread deals if they dont have they either dont have the product to sell or worse they do have the product but they cant figure out how ring up the sale.

PlutoIsTheBest
Black Friday Pro

Postby PlutoIsTheBest » Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:25 am

Typical WM.

When they put the 32" Vizios on sale the year before last (could have been last year) for $369, they never had them in stock. Online was always sold out. I did find, however, that if you make a big enough stink to corporate, you will get an advertised special eventially. I did my due diligence before calling coprorate; I didn't just start complaining right away. After several emails back and forth with corporate, the store manager called me and asked if I still wanted a TV at the special price. I told her yes. Conveniently after the sale ended, they had the TVs. I got another call from her telling me that they had a TV for me so I went up there and there it was. I checked out without a problem. A good ending, but what look it took to get there! I hate WM.

inthedark
Black Friday Pro

Postby inthedark » Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:38 am

PlutoIsTheBest wrote:Typical WM.

When they put the 32" Vizios on sale the year before last (could have been last year) for $369, they never had them in stock. Online was always sold out. I did find, however, that if you make a big enough stink to corporate, you will get an advertised special eventially. I did my due diligence before calling coprorate; I didn't just start complaining right away. After several emails back and forth with corporate, the store manager called me and asked if I still wanted a TV at the special price. I told her yes. Conveniently after the sale ended, they had the TVs. I got another call from her telling me that they had a TV for me so I went up there and there it was. I checked out without a problem. A good ending, but what look it took to get there! I hate WM.

I might have to try your tactic, just got a email from walmart saying the 26" vizio I ordered has been cancelled. I ordered it at 3am and up until 10 they were still available to order online and pick up in store. Dont know, maybe this is for the best, maybe there will be something better on bf, just really pisses me off :x

sweetdiggity
Black Friday Pro

Postby sweetdiggity » Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:48 am

So annoying! Just like the major issues Lowe's had on their "facebook party". These stores need to back up what they advertise.

caroleena
Black Friday Pro

Postby caroleena » Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:21 pm

my son is a cashier @ wm. every year i ask him has he heard anything about the BF items and he mumbles that they don't tell them anything. i thought maybe the boy was dense but maybe none of them know whats going on. that would explain a LOT

queentween
Black Friday Pro

Postby queentween » Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:42 pm

I too avoid "the Walmart" on BF, but the price on the itunes card lured me in today- which, of course, you could NOT get online, and so after running down to the store, and picking up 2, discovered that they would not ring up at $35. I had, fortunately, printed off the walmart sale flyer and had it in hand. Which, was useless, because the manager said"There isn't anything I can do- they are $50 and we can't process them otherwise" Yes, it was only a 30% off sale, but still, its 2 gifts which were on my lists! So, I left my chocolate chips and other things on the counter and said, "I won't pay $50" and left the stuff there. Which is why, on Black Friday, I shop at smaller stores and avoid Walmart like the plague......

jovontae
Black Friday Newbie

26 vizio order cancelled

Postby jovontae » Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:57 pm

I too ordered the vizio at 6am for store pickup, the email stated that the tv would be avaliable at 9am. I didnt receive a text or email message until 1130am stating the order was cancelled. Of course now the stores dont have anymore. I called customer service and asked them what was being offered to satisfy my disappointment. They offered the Viore 26" originally at 259 for the 198. they will charge your card the original price but then credit the 41$ back. hope this helps.

inthedark
Black Friday Pro

Re: 26 vizio order cancelled

Postby inthedark » Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:23 pm

jovontae wrote:I too ordered the vizio at 6am for store pickup, the email stated that the tv would be avaliable at 9am. I didnt receive a text or email message until 1130am stating the order was cancelled. Of course now the stores dont have anymore. I called customer service and asked them what was being offered to satisfy my disappointment. They offered the Viore 26" originally at 259 for the 198. they will charge your card the original price but then credit the 41$ back. hope this helps.

I was offered the 26'" sanyo or the 32" vizio at $50 off

peachysquirt21
Black Friday Pro

Postby peachysquirt21 » Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:31 pm

Mom went to Walmart this morning, picked up a iTunes gift card & had no probs with it scanning properly.

Kento87
Black Friday Pro

Postby Kento87 » Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:51 pm

We hit WM last year first thing and had no issues at all with what were getting. We were getting Picture Frames and toys only so maybe that was the difference.

queentween
Black Friday Pro

Postby queentween » Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:56 pm

Thats great peachy, but not at the walmart closest to me! For some reason, I swear this is a low income walmart! If I drive over to the NH or NY one, I can buy totally different things, at much better quality- For instance, I can go to NY and buy my daughter a miley cyrus outift in a medium and it fits great- I can go to the one in Rutland VT and get her the same outfit in large and its too small, or has one arm thats tiny and one thats huge! Weird....

tigObitties
Black Friday Pro

Postby tigObitties » Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:56 pm

My Walmart in Oakland was dead this morning, I was expecting a crowd and showed up at 6:30. They let us in at 7 and told us the stuff wont scan for the sale prices till 8. I told them to try it anyway and behold the 26" LED rang up for $198, sucks that tax and recycling fees added another $35. I was out by 7:30 by that time there was only 3 other people in line. One of the few times it was a pleasent experience on a walmart sale.

carmenslackey
Black Friday Pro

Postby carmenslackey » Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:01 pm

Wow! I feel so bad for all of you that had to go through this horrid process!! :cry:

I've never had any issues at the supercenter I go to, however, the normal WM close to my house is quite sucky. This morning, I drove up to my favorite supercenter and bought the $35 iTunes card and an older Wii game that my son wants for Xmas and was in and out without a hitch! However, my brother went to the suckish WM close to our house and ran into the same issues you all did with the cards not ringing up for $35. He's very lucky I was still in the parking lot at the supercenter when he called me and told me to pick up 2 for him since the hometown walmart was stupid. So I did and he got his girls their stocking stuffers!

All walmarts are never created equal. :roll:

JrdnJstn
Black Friday Pro

Postby JrdnJstn » Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:20 pm

caroleena wrote:my son is a cashier @ wm. every year i ask him has he heard anything about the BF items and he mumbles that they don't tell them anything. i thought maybe the boy was dense but maybe none of them know whats going on. that would explain a LOT

He's telling you the truth specially if he's just a cashier. You have to practically be in upper management to find out anything and then if you don't work the dept that sells like electronics or whatever then you won't know anything unless maybe someone tells ya.

I work in retail and I work in the dept that sells tv's and electronics and toys and have yet to see an advertisement for BF. I have seen the paper on crowd control for BF day and I only saw that because it was hanging out underneath other paperwork. I'm anxious to see what we will offer on BF day.

I hate to come to Walmart's defense even though they never have nothing together but them not getting a certain product is not that stores fault but it's the warehouses fault. They may not have recieved it or may for some unknown reason send the next day. The managers will order and the stores will be charged for it and looks like it came in when it hasn't.

We've had things advertised for BF and didn't get them or just one came in. Usually we take the customers name and call by first come first serve when it comes in if it comes in at all. I don't work at Walmart though
The biggest lie I tell myself is... "I don’t need to write that down, I’ll remember it."

mydogwhistle
Black Friday Pro

Postby mydogwhistle » Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:21 pm

I hate Walmart. Haven't been in one in probably 10 months. But this $50 iTunes giftcard for $35 lured me there. Such a great deal. While there, I remembered why I never shop there anymore. The place is worthless. The prices are not worth the hassle of dealing with not only the employees but the other people who shop there.

The DH and I went to electronics at about 9:30am. We couldn't find anyone to help us. When we did see an employee we tried to get their attention and waved at them and everything and they completely ignored us. Two were hanging out with their friend in the corner. We didn't exist. So after waiting for far too long I sent my DH behind the counter to get them himself. After grabbing the ones behind the register we took them up to the front registers. At least for us they did actually ring up the sale price.

Return to “Rants and Raves”