Black Friday Online instead of Long Lines

Praise or Complain about your prior Black Friday Experiences

Moderators: hiker, ikey2

luckycharms38
Black Friday Pro

Postby luckycharms38 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:44 pm

mechimpaired wrote:Here are a few funny reasons I thought of...
It is good exercise. Work that pumpkin pie off.
Enjoy the weather or the start of the holiday season instead of the same old house you’re going to be in all winter. (This does not apply to umm Florida/Hawaii)
The crazies (which I am one of) out on BF make the fight your family had on Thanksgiving look tame. AKA great entertainment
Your butt will be severely asleep by the time you even get the Target webpage to load on BF.
Your family/friends may have to go on a reconnaissance mission to attain your location....for example cussing your laptop in the bathroom.

These are few...anyone else have any?

Nothing puts me in the holiday spirit more then watching a fight break out over the $1 towels :lol: Very funny!!

raymacfla
Black Friday Pro

Re: Go to the actual store on BF? Me? NEVER!!!

Postby raymacfla » Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:51 pm

JackBquick wrote:No way would you find me waiting in line at some crazy hour to get a deal. Between the crowds, newly -trained clueless cashiers & salespersons, additional money spent for gas, tolls. parking, or bus & subway fare, breakfast or lunch out, the impulse buys and dragging heavy pkgs. around. Having to carry your coat because the stores are so damn hot, crying kids, the shoppers ahead of you who picks up items witout a tag/SKU or the wrong items, searching their handbags for the needed coupons, declined credit cards, shoplifters. pickpockets- WHO NEEDS IT??????

For me - online is the way to go!!! See a fabulous deal that you must have at a high traffic site- see if another retailer will price match and order it there. While it may not be best for certain apparel & bedding; it is a great way to go for electronics, toys, and appliances big & small.

My time is too valuable to be wasted fighting crowds and traffic.

So tell me, what part of the real Black Friday experience do you like?? :roll: :roll: :roll:

raymacfla
Black Friday Pro

Postby raymacfla » Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:56 pm

nerin25 wrote:That is how I feel too, not worth the time or aggravation. I order off Amazon, Ebay and Best Buy for most things. Works fine for me with little problems. But everyone is different, I understand both sides of the story
I do both. I love to hear the stories of shoppers who miss out on the Black Friday experience to shop online , only to find out that their orders have been canceled. Kind of like waiting all night for the great pumpkin.

raymacfla
Black Friday Pro

Postby raymacfla » Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:57 pm

luckycharms38 wrote:
Enjoy the weather or the start of the holiday season instead of the same old house you’re going to be in all winter. (This does not apply to umm Florida/Hawaii)
The crazies (which I am one of) out on BF make the fight your family had on Thanksgiving look tame. AKA great entertainment
Your butt will be severely asleep by the time you even get the Target webpage to load on BF.
Your family/friends may have to go on a reconnaissance mission to attain your location....for example cussing your laptop in the bathroom.

Nothing puts me in the holiday spirit more then watching a fight break out over the $1 towels :lol: Very funny!!
Amen!!!

queentween
Black Friday Pro

Postby queentween » Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:33 am

I do both! I check out the online sales at midnight before I go to bed, and then again at 2:30 when I wake up to leave. The excitement of going out, being with people in great moods, singing Christmas carols while standing in line, bringing goodies to the salespeople, saying Merry Christmas all day long! Even our tradition of wearing the glitziest, shiniest, silliest outfits makes the day fun. We never have any money anyway, so our purchases are small, but wow, its a great time for my daughter and I, plus we get to have breakfast at Kmart! (Our Kmart diner in Rutland VT is a secret pleasure- its run by little old ladies who REALLY know how to cook!) Its all what you make it!

caravaggio
Black Friday Pro

Re: Stupid question !

Postby caravaggio » Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:20 am

jelezoglo wrote:Is there any way to do a price match online???
I think it maybe impossible.

Entertainment Earth does normally if you have another website. I don't know if it works for Black Friday though.

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/help/ ... 0Guarantee

Captain_Canada
Black Friday Pro

BEST BUY IS A BUNCH OF LIERS!!!

Postby Captain_Canada » Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:18 am

From Bestbuy.com

Garmin - nüvi 255WT GPS
Model: NUVI 255WT | SKU: 9252854
Free lifetime traffic updates
Our Price: $169.99

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Garmin+-+n% ... &cp=1&lp=3\

And then from the Black Friday Ad:

Garmin - nüvi 255WT GPS
Model: NUVI 255WT | SKU: 9252854
Free lifetime traffic updates
SAVE $100
After savings: $99

Does best Buy not have a clue how to add? Or are they trying the oldest trick in retail. What a bunch of LOSERS!!!!

Ain't getting any of my money.

sportymonkey
Black Friday Pro

Postby sportymonkey » Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:19 am

LMAO I completely agree! I mean the entertainment is awesome here, something you can't get in your house. And what is the fun of putting on antlers and singing christmas tunes with your friends if your doing it alone at home. Bleck!

VerbalI11-23
Black Friday Pro

Postby VerbalI11-23 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:25 am

Nothing beats the trill of getting in the store when its open with a couple of hundred people ahead or behind of you lol...call me crazy but its once in a year and i can't miss it. :lol:

theos_on_the_go
Black Friday Pro

Postby theos_on_the_go » Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:55 am

VerbalI11-23 wrote: Nothing beats the trill of getting in the store when its open with a couple of hundred people ahead or behind of you lol...call me crazy but its once in a year and i can't miss it.

I totally agree. Last year I was in line at Target over 2 hours early I had such a great time with the people in line. I also got so caught up in the chaos that the next thing I know I had one of the tvs that were doorbuster. I didn't even have that on my list but my brother-in-law had mentioned he was looking for a cheap tv. Of course, he really wasn't thrilled when I called him at 5 am to tell him I bought a tv for him. :roll:

It is a total adrenaline rush when you get a big ticket item that everyone wants. I had people asking me how long I was in line and congratulating me it was hilarious. You meet some of the best people that day and some of the worst-acting people that day. All you can do is laugh.

Return to “Rants and Raves”