Hope Target does a great job again this year

Praise or Complain about your prior Black Friday Experiences

Moderators: ikey2, hiker

nikol0304
Black Friday Pro

Postby nikol0304 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:05 am

carmenslackey wrote:
nippythedog wrote:We went to target after Walmart on BF 2009. While they still had everything I was looking to buy, The check-out line was all the way around the whole store! We left.

We did this as well... went to Target after WM and didn't get there until around 6:15am because of WM's long wait time to check out (not the main lines, but that's another story). I got everything I went in for plus a few other things, with the exception of Four Christmases on DVD, those were sold out. The line wrapped entirely around the store and went all the way back to electronics and we debated standing in it for a few minutes. Once we saw how quickly it was moving, we hopped in line and were out of the store in 15-20 minutes.

Will definitely be doing Target again this year! :D

We were at our WM at 2am, and had everything we needed by 5:15. Didn't get out of there until 7:30! Boy was I pissed. They had absolutely no structure for the checkout lines. It was one GIANT line, 5 people thick, wrapped around the store, with people intersecting at different isles. It was a nightmare. Never again. lol...

kenziekinz09
Black Friday Pro

Postby kenziekinz09 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:13 am

Target is always>Walmart, imo.
Tek for weird uncle! TEAM SISTER WIVES 8)
My Disney Blog- http://www.kenziewdwcp.blogspot.com/

dajackson81
Black Friday Pro

Postby dajackson81 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:14 am

Also doesn't Target do their sales all week-end and opt out of the doorbusters?

kenziekinz09
Black Friday Pro

Postby kenziekinz09 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:34 am

dajackson81 wrote:Also doesn't Target do their sales all week-end and opt out of the doorbusters?

They have doorbusters but the majority of the products are available all weekend.
Tek for weird uncle! TEAM SISTER WIVES 8)
My Disney Blog- http://www.kenziewdwcp.blogspot.com/

bfshoppermom
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfshoppermom » Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:08 pm

I hit Walmart first and we have self checkouts so if you have an armload those go super fast. You can't use them to admatch though. Then went to Target. the big ticket TV was gone in first 10 minutes of store opening and some toys were gone too. They were restocking some toy superdeals from back...but not electronics. Ours ran out of the electronics and toys on special completely by midmorning.

I usually hit Walmart and then Target and then head back home because hubby has to be at work at 6:00 AM that day and I don't want kids alone too long. My neighborhood is also where my moms lives and is 5 minutes from TArget/Walmart so not too worried if they have a few minutes alone...oldest is upper elementary. Then once Grandma is up she watches the kids and I make another run through as I always find things restocked (like cheap DVDs) on a later run from people that discard them at checkout or whatnot once they realize how much they spent and cut back)

TexasDealGirl
Black Friday Pro

Postby TexasDealGirl » Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:14 am

2008 Target was terrible around me. But it depends on how your Target is and who the manager/s are that morning. 2009 I got the tg prices by price macthing at WM.

HoundAbound
Black Friday Pro

Postby HoundAbound » Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:27 am

We have both a super WallyWorld and a super Target equal distance from me...after a really distressing bait'n'switch campaign by our WM BF last year that left me completely p.o.'d, i'm gonna opt for Target this year and hope their BF is as nice as their usual shopping days as they have a far better environment, bigger isles, more organized and i get asked if i need help which has NEVER happened at WM...seems the choice is obvious... :wink: ...hopefully this year i come home with a smile again..... :D

mabrey
Black Friday Pro

Postby mabrey » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:56 pm

Target didn't do so good for me last year. Went to Wal Mart 2nd and got everything I wanted plus more. Did have very long lines though.

Then on to Target. I couldn't find any of their black friday deals. Very limited quantities. I did find 2 items I wanted to buy. Decided to put them back & leave, because there were 2 lines and both wrapped around the store and crossed each other. Not sure how long it would have taken but I didn't bother finding out since the good deals were gone.

Don't know if I want to try this year.

Kohl's was great. I went there after Target and they had a ton of stuff I wanted. A few things were gone, but well worth the long wait here.

ncbn0902
Black Friday Pro

Postby ncbn0902 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:12 pm

We went to Target after Wal-Mart, the only line was wrapped around the store going past the toy section in the back of the store. They had most of the items that we were looking for except for some toys and we didnt go for any big items.

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:40 pm

i normally hit up target last because they're so well stocked... however last year i wanted to get one of those $3 appliances and thought for sure they would have plenty, since in years before they had a bunch well into the late morning when they were more expensive ($10 maybe??) but they were all out by the time i got there and it was maybe only an hour or two after they opened :(
i think i might try to get to target when they open this year so i can get in and out right away.

LHaro
Black Friday Pro

Postby LHaro » Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:10 am

I would love to at least see the Target Toy Book right now...

theos_on_the_go
Black Friday Pro

Postby theos_on_the_go » Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:48 am

Our Target gets so crowded that they had to close the doors to people that were not in line because the store was filled to capacity and due to fire codes no more were let in until someone walked out.

That being said I was by myself shopping and had purchased a tv and an off duty police officer hired by the store walked me to my car and put the tv in my car for me. Now that is service :D

pcgeekess1
Black Friday Pro

I love Target BF

Postby pcgeekess1 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:41 am

I have made Target my first BF store, wait outside in the cold (or rain last year) talking to all the other crazies in line for the last 2 years. I am so hoping they have a great sale again this year because they do an awesome job in my Town. Even the year that Target wasn't first on my agenda and the checkout line was all the way around the store, Target did a great job getting people checked out while keeping the front aisle clear. 2008 they even lost power and we were shopping in the emergancy lights, they still did a great job! I love that they do their best to stop line jumpers, they come out and talk to you while you are outside freezing, they let you know where things will be (like TVs in the Mens clothing section). I love our Target on BF!!!!!!!! I hope I get to wait in line there this year again.

Vols44
Black Friday Pro

Postby Vols44 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:47 pm

All these feel good stories has me wanting to go to the lone Target in out area and stake things out and ask a few questions. All I need to sway my opinion is a super adscan.
Last edited by Vols44 on Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chaddenise
Black Friday Pro

Postby chaddenise » Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:15 pm

our Target was great but the lines were pretty long, so i bought a 1.99 bottle of ibuprofen so i could use the pharmacy check out line, which had no one waiting!!!

Return to “Rants and Raves”