Hope Target does a great job again this year

Praise or Complain about your prior Black Friday Experiences

Moderators: ikey2, hiker

letsshop2gether
Black Friday Amateur

Hope Target does a great job again this year

Postby letsshop2gether » Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:11 am

I have to say, last BF (2009) I went to several stores and got everything on my lists. Target was the best! They had plenty of everything on sale and I got there about 1/2 hour before the store opened. I was within the first 300 people or less. They were even restocking shelves as people were emptying the shelves. They had plenty of associates to help, answer questions and help find things. They even handed out maps when you walked in.

I am looking forward to Target shopping again this year.

ANGWife
Black Friday Pro

Postby ANGWife » Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:28 am

Our Target did a great job as well, except at check out. They had very few registers open for the amount of people in that store.

nikol0304
Black Friday Pro

Re: Hope Target does a great job again this year

Postby nikol0304 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:28 am

letsshop2gether wrote:I have to say, last BF (2009) I went to several stores and got everything on my lists. Target was the best! They had plenty of everything on sale and I got there about 1/2 hour before the store opened. I was within the first 300 people or less. They were even restocking shelves as people were emptying the shelves. They had plenty of associates to help, answer questions and help find things. They even handed out maps when you walked in.

I assume you weren't there for big ticket items? I think I'm going to do Target for the first time this year. I'll be looking for big ticket items though. Just curious how they stock those and how they deal with the mad rush of people to them. Do you know if they had some kind of ticket system for those?

VerbalI11-23
Black Friday Pro

Postby VerbalI11-23 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:48 am

Yup Target gave me pretty much the best black friday experience in 09. Lines were short and we got EVERYTHING we wanted. Definitely thinking about going there first again this year! :lol:

letsshop2gether
Black Friday Amateur

Re: Hope Target does a great job again this year

Postby letsshop2gether » Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:58 am

While I wasn't in the market for big ticket items I could have easily gotten them. They didn't try and cram everyone into the electronics area. They had the larger items on palletts in the large aisle areas. They had plenty!

nikol0304 wrote:
letsshop2gether wrote:I have to say, last BF (2009) I went to several stores and got everything on my lists. Target was the best! They had plenty of everything on sale and I got there about 1/2 hour before the store opened. I was within the first 300 people or less. They were even restocking shelves as people were emptying the shelves. They had plenty of associates to help, answer questions and help find things. They even handed out maps when you walked in.

I assume you weren't there for big ticket items? I think I'm going to do Target for the first time this year. I'll be looking for big ticket items though. Just curious how they stock those and how they deal with the mad rush of people to them. Do you know if they had some kind of ticket system for those?

mechimpaired
Black Friday Pro

Postby mechimpaired » Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:58 am

I concur Target was awesome especially having plenty of everything in stock. However, toys that were on sale did go super fast. We wanted a camera that was on sale and did not go to Toys first. I recall missing out on one or two items I had marked but I found other stuff to make up for it. I would give Target an A+ on their BF.

nikol0304
Black Friday Pro

Postby nikol0304 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:49 pm

From the sounds of it, Target is great for BF. I will be looking for big ticket items, so hopefully they'll have enough because while I'm sure I'll be in the first 100, I don't want to spend all night trying to be the first. lol...

Super excited to see how they compare to Walmart. WM usually can't be beat on prices, but I'd rather pay a buck or 2 extra at Target to not have to deal with ignorant asshole employees and basically just complete chaos.

dkcalleja@msn.com
Black Friday Newbie

Postby dkcalleja@msn.com » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:08 pm

BF 2009 at Target was good, BF 2008 at Target not so great. I am hoping they learned from the previous years mistakes and go with the plan they used last year. It was fabulous. We went to target last and still found everything we wanted.

PokeMeg
Black Friday Pro

Postby PokeMeg » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:20 pm

Phew, our Target had crazy long lines last year. Wrapping around the store.

It wasn't their fault--all registers were open and they were fast, just a lot of people there.
"Every flight begins with a fall", the crow said. "Look down."

cddd
Black Friday Pro

Postby cddd » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:21 pm

Our Target has always been great on BF. The employees are ALWAYS so nice and willing to help with anything :)

nippythedog
Black Friday Pro

Postby nippythedog » Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:29 pm

We went to target after Walmart on BF 2009. While they still had everything I was looking to buy, The check-out line was all the way around the whole store! We left.

alondra21
Black Friday Pro

Postby alondra21 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:54 pm

I really...really...really hope that Target has good BF deals this year cause I'd HATE to go Wallyworld this year again. My first BF was at Target, and it was my best experience so far. I remember standing in line and the employers coming out in their elfs hat and handed everyone a map of where the big items on sale would be located and they also gave us free candy canes and a reuseable shopping bag. I was in line for the 36" HDTV and I had mentally prepared myself for a tough battle, but when I went in the store and looked for the TV they were lined up in carts just ready to go. That was so awesome, I just grabbed a cart and took off shopping, and before you know it I was in my car 35mins later. Yup..........Wallyworld can't top that.

steffj89
Black Friday Pro

Postby steffj89 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:13 pm

Our target replaced even many large ticket items later in the afternoon it was great!!
Steff

carmenslackey
Black Friday Pro

Postby carmenslackey » Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:59 am

nippythedog wrote:We went to target after Walmart on BF 2009. While they still had everything I was looking to buy, The check-out line was all the way around the whole store! We left.

We did this as well... went to Target after WM and didn't get there until around 6:15am because of WM's long wait time to check out (not the main lines, but that's another story). I got everything I went in for plus a few other things, with the exception of Four Christmases on DVD, those were sold out. The line wrapped entirely around the store and went all the way back to electronics and we debated standing in it for a few minutes. Once we saw how quickly it was moving, we hopped in line and were out of the store in 15-20 minutes.

Will definitely be doing Target again this year! :D

robb01
Black Friday Pro

Postby robb01 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:16 am

They do a great job here, I'm always impressed
On the Hunt for Great Deals!

Return to “Rants and Raves”